talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

He was a bit slow but far from conclusive enough to call it a brake test and disqualify him whereas Vettels move was clear as day, aggressive and illegal driving. 

His speed decreased from 90kph to 50kph at the exit of the corner. That's break testing.

Edited by True Bender

Just now, True Bender said:

His speed decreased from 90kph to 50kph. That's break testing.

Where's it shown that? Not accelerating isn't braking and you can slow without accelerating through a corner. Again, he doesn't have to accelerate at that point. Otherwise, drivers need to be penalised for slowing down the field before restarts behind the safety cars..........

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, True Bender said:

His speed decreased from 90kph to 50kph at the exit of the corner. That's break testing.

It's also speeding up and slowing down behind the safety car to heat up the tyres and the brakes. Not conclusive. 

Raikkonen and Perez are back from the dead but a lap down still.

Safety car restart underway. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Daft question, can't they just bring in the safety car and continue under virtual so they warm the tires up quicker?

I think it's not in the rules. An oversight just because the VSC is still relatively new. I expect it'll be in for next season. Tyre temperatures behind the safety car haven't been an issue for a long time as they've worked on it a lot. Part of the reason for Senna's fatal crash was that the earliest safety cars were too slow for them to keep tyre temperatures high enough when they were following it. 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

10 second penalty for Vettel. Doesn't even acknowledge it the fucking bellend. He truly is a shithouse.

Testing another driver's brakes is not brake testing, but touching wheels at 40 kph is "dangerous driving". You truly are a shit poster.

Edited by True Bender

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, True Bender said:

Testing another driver's brakes is not brake testing, but touching wheels at 40 kph is "dangerous driving". You truly are a shit poster.

Try and hide your bias mate. Are you trying to deny that Vettel deliberately crashing into another driver is dangerous?

• Subscriber

At 40 kph, wheel-to-wheel. No. What was suppossed to happen?

Fucking hell. He was supposed to stay behind Hamilton because it was a safety car restart or do the rules not apply to Vettel?

Was it not you who posted on the previous page that both drivers should be disqualified and now because people disagree over Hamilton's part in it you're back tracking and saying that Vettel did nothing wrong?

Can't believe I'm actually having a debate about whether Vettel should have been penalised for that. Most obvious penalty I can remember seeing in F1.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Fucking hell. He was supposed to stay behind Hamilton because it was a safety car restart or do the rules not apply to Vettel?

Was it not you who posted on the previous page that both drivers should be disqualified and now because people disagree over Hamilton's part in it you're back tracking and saying that Vettel did nothing wrong?

Can't believe I'm actually having a debate about whether Vettel should have been penalised for that. Most obvious penalty I can remember seeing in F1.

Don't ditch the question. What was suppossed to happen? Demonstrate how this is dangerous driving or it wasn't.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Vettel and Hamilton should be DQed from this race.

2 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Don't ditch the question. What was suppossed to happen? Demonstrate how this is dangerous driving or it wasn't.

It was dangerous driving because he deliberately hit another car. Schumacher was disqualified from an entire championship in 1997 for doing that.

You're absolutely embarrassing yourself trying to defend Vettel here. What's worse is that you've already admitted he should be disqualified now you're back tracking and making out that I'm an idiot for not "proving it".

How about this one, why did you state that Vettel should have been disqualified if it wasn't dangerous driving?

• Upvote 1

Just now, RandoEFC said:

It was dangerous driving because he deliberately hit another car. Schumacher was disqualified from an entire championship in 1997 for doing that.

non-sequitur

Just now, RandoEFC said:

You're absolutely embarrassing yourself trying to defend Vettel here. What's worse is that you've already admitted he should be disqualified now you're back tracking and making out that I'm an idiot for not "proving it".

I'm not defending Vettel here, just stating that it wasn't dangerous, because it wasn't.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

How about this one, why did you state that Vettel should have been disqualified if it wasn't dangerous driving?

Because it's violent conduct.

• Subscriber

xD

Can't believe what i'm reading. Vettel is a prick - 10 second stop and go wasn't enough really

Feel for Hamilton because he was cruising and something so flukey as a headrest has cost him the race 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

non-sequitur

I'm not defending Vettel here, just stating that it wasn't dangerous, because it wasn't.

Because it's violent conduct.

Christ so you're arguing about what we should call it? xD

Either way, I don't think the penalty was enough. Could easily have been disqualified for it. 

• Subscriber

Bottas passes Stroll literally about 100m off the line xD.

Still a very impressive podium for him. Craziest race I've seen in a long time. Ricciardo, Stroll, Magnussen, Alonso the only guys with incident free races. 

• The topic was pinned