talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That McLaren looks awful as it's just too empty. It should either have a main sponsor (which they might be waiting to announce) or a large design. 

It looks more like the testing bikes that MotoGP have when they're just plain carbon fibre.

Glad I'm not the only one xD 

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Honda getting the most Laps while McLaren were off after six :ph34r: Would be hilarious if Honda finally got their shit together while McLaren has another troubled season. 

And who the fuck is Mazepin? 

Force India's Russian development driver, apparently. I only know him from the incident in Formula 3 where he got banned from the race for beating another driver in the paddocks :ph34r:

Morning session is over, Ricciardo with the fastest time so far!

DW9fbjEXcAAB591.jpg

• Administrator

not a fan of the McLaren orange car. Have always associated silver/black or even white for a McLaren car so hard to get my head around their car being plastered in orange, whether there's a sponsor to fill up space or not. 

Force India's is horrible. 

Toro Rosso have done alright to make that blue/red somewhat stylish. 

Like the Alfa Romeo, as well. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Speed trap:

UAFOmKI.png

Honda reliable and fast? 

tumblr_me27b9nRW51rka6l9o1_250.gif

Looks like it, yes xD 

Alonso managed quite a few laps after getting back on track too though, so it's likely that it was just a wheel bolt/nut defect on his Mclaren... hopefully for them, anyway.

Renault with 99 laps but relatively lower top speeds; makes sense after their announcement that they'll be focusing on reliability at the start of the season and will look to improve performance later on.

Oh well, it's only the first day of testing anyway, the priority for the teams is surely just gathering data at this point. Hopefully the weather conditions will improve for tomorrow, there were even talks of testing being extended to Friday.

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

not a fan of the McLaren orange car. Have always associated silver/black or even white for a McLaren car so hard to get my head around their car being plastered in orange, whether there's a sponsor to fill up space or not. 

Force India's is horrible. 

Toro Rosso have done alright to make that blue/red somewhat stylish. 

Like the Alfa Romeo, as well. 

I like the idea of painting the car orange as it's still iconic for Mclaren, even if we haven't seen it recently. This one was a beauty: 

68BEL02_mpyxHyD.jpg

But I don't like what they made of the livery in general, so I'm not a fan either...

Agreed with the rest, too. Sauber is still the best looking car for me, followed by Ferrari (halo looks the least horrible on it, in my opinion) and Renault.

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's just a shame that Liberty Media doesn't provide any decent test coverage. I remember them talking about this. Would have been a good beta-test for their planned streaming service as well. 

yeah, they only had a short live feed (for like 15 minutes) on their Facebook site... I watched live streams on Periscope every once in a while, but obviously not much to see as it's filmed from one turn only, but at least could catch some glimpses :D