talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

It's official - F1 are launching F1TV, their official live streaming service!!! 

Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.

During the season, F1 TV will be made available in four different languages (English, French, German and Spanish) and will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America). Access will initially be available through desktop and web, with mobile apps and TV apps being phased in on Amazon, Apple and Android, enabling users to watch on a range of different devices at no additional cost. Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/2/formula-1-to-launch-f1-tv-a-live-grand-prix-subscription-service.html

Absolutely great and very affordable pricing too!

• Administrator
9 hours ago, nudge said:

Are we planning to run any sort of F1 predictions/fantasy game for the new season?  @Tommy @Cannabis @Stan @RandoEFC @Storts 

good idea.

I'm happy to run it with ideas on how it can be done.

I'm leaning more to predictions as opposed to fantasy game as it would be simpler to run; but that's coming from someone who won't be able to watch each race. 

like in the Bundesliga prediction league we can predict the following before the start of the season:
Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Who will win the Constructors Championship?
Most races won?
Most DNFs?
Most podium finishes?

And then have certain points for guessing the top 3 in each race?
- 3 points for correctly guessing the winner of each race
- 2 points for correctly guessing the runner-up each race
- 1 point for correctly guessing 3rd placed

- 3 bonus points for correctly guessing all in the right order.

Open to feedback or suggestions :) 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sounds good, but maybe like Top 5 or 6 would be even more interesting? 

fair enough.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Podium is too easy, it's going to be Mercedes or Ferrari most of the time. I was going to run this myself but incorporate "Fastest Customer" so basically you're predicting the fastest car outside of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. 

Also, fastest lap would be good.

also fair. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

good idea.

I'm happy to run it with ideas on how it can be done.

I'm leaning more to predictions as opposed to fantasy game as it would be simpler to run; but that's coming from someone who won't be able to watch each race. 

like in the Bundesliga prediction league we can predict the following before the start of the season:
Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Who will win the Constructors Championship?
Most races won?
Most DNFs?
Most podium finishes?

And then have certain points for guessing the top 3 in each race?
- 3 points for correctly guessing the winner of each race
- 2 points for correctly guessing the runner-up each race
- 1 point for correctly guessing 3rd placed

- 3 bonus points for correctly guessing all in the right order.

Open to feedback or suggestions :) 

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sounds good, but maybe like Top 5 or 6 would be even more interesting? 

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Podium is too easy, it's going to be Mercedes or Ferrari most of the time. I was going to run this myself but incorporate "Fastest Customer" so basically you're predicting the fastest car outside of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. 

So maybe: 

Top 10 (maybe scoring system like 3 points for every correct position, 1 for the driver being in the top 10?)
Pole Position
Fastest Lap
Fastest Customer (or customer with highest finish?)
How many laps before Alonso retires from the race 

?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

So maybe: 

Top 10 (maybe scoring system like 3 points for every correct position, 1 for the driver being in the top 10?)
Pole Position
Fastest Lap
Fastest Customer (or customer with highest finish?)
How many laps before Alonso retires from the race 

?

why are they called customers by the way xD?

also, how many DNFs will Verstappen have this season

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

why are they called customers by the way xD?

also, how many DNFs will Verstappen have this season

customer teams, the ones that get their engines from engine suppliers instead of developing their own. RB is technically a customer team too, as they use Renault as a supplier.

Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault - factory, or "works" teams. The rest are customer teams.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

customer teams, the ones that get their engines from engine suppliers instead of developing their own. RB is technically a customer team too, as they use Renault as a supplier.

Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault - factory, or "works" teams. The rest are customer teams.

ohhh I get you! Thanks!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Also, how many races before Massa comes back from retirement again.

:ph34r:

also, how many times will Grosjean cause a crash

and

how many times will @Tommy swoon over Seb?

• Subscriber

Not to mention that they basically screwed Kubica over by choosing Sirotkin over him because money, despite having allegedly agreed on contract terms already. Williams has become a huge joke, a billionaires playground for their kids. Oh and Martini is leaving them too.

Anyway, not feeling sorry for Sirotkin either, just a while ago he gave an interview where he said something along the lines that "it's every man for himself in F1, and Kubica knows this", so he should surely be alright with this.

36 minutes ago, nudge said:

by choosing Sirotkin over him because money

Which is not true from what I've heard. Apparently Kubica offered them the same kind of money through sponsors, but they thought of Sirotkin is a better long term solution after having tested them both. Sirotkin had the better long stint pace, apparently. 

Why am I always defending the Russians, comrades? :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Which is not true from what I've heard. Apparently Kubica offered them the same kind of money through sponsors, but they thought of Sirotkin is a better long term solution after having tested them both. Sirotkin had the better long stint pace, apparently. 

It's funny how I heard completely opposite about Williams testing; from what I've heard, apparently Sirotkin had better single lap times while Kubica was stronger on long runs xD I actually believe that both performed at a very similar level, so in the end, Williams chose the one with more sponsorship money - once again, definitely a speculation since we're in no position to know any of the actual details, but most of the sources I read have mentioned 8-12 million Euro as Kubica's sponsorship budget, while Sirotkin's team offered almost twice as much. Whether it's true or not, the team was always going to waffle about choosing the best driver based on ability and what not either way, so I guess we'll only see how he does when the time comes.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why am I always defending the Russians, comrades? :ph34r:

xD 

I actually don't have anything against Sirotkin, he's not the first and surely not the last pay-driver, he wanted to get into F1 and did all he had to - but he should be prepared to deal with the consequences of what he correctly described as "every man for himself" if things don't go his way from the very start.

On 2/28/2018 at 06:26, Cannabis said:

how about we predict the 4th, 5th and 6th place.     coz as you said, 1st, 2nd and 3rd will always be either merc or ferrari ....

• Subscriber

Yeah, Mclaren have been experiencing problems since the start of the testing last week; first wheel nut failure and broken exhaust, then overheating resulting in burn marks on the engine cover, now battery fail/electric shutdown and lost data. Can't blame Honda this time though xD