talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julian Nagelsmann appointed as Germany Manager

football forum

• Subscriber

I'm going to keep beating this drum until I see changes.  Stop calling up the same fucking fools that are underperforming.  Why are Schlotterbeck, Rudiger, Gnabry, Muller, Can, etc. still in this team?  If you're going to lose then at least be blooding the newest batch of players so that there is some semblance of chemistry between them between now and next summer. 

And fuck all the umlauts... I can't be arsed.

• Subscriber

Just for the hell of it I put together a 23-man squad of players that I would pick.  Some are incumbents but others deserve a shot at least.  Maybe it's a stupid list, but this team needs some grit. 

Attack: Füllkrug, Ducksch, Werner, Burkhardt, Adeyemi, Moukoko, Hofmann

Midfield: Brandt, Kimmich, Neuhaus, Arnold, Wirtz, Musiala

Defense: Bella-Kotchap, Günter, Knoche, Andrich, Ginter, Raum, Henrichs, Wolf

GK: Ter Stegen, Baumann

How's Rüdiger doing for Real Madrid? I don't always get the criticism he gets from some. Personality and player wise, he's definitely someone I'd want on my team. 

5 minutes ago, Coma said:

Just for the hell of it I put together a 23-man squad of players that I would pick.  Some are incumbents but others deserve a shot at least.  Maybe it's a stupid list, but this team needs some grit. 

Attack: Füllkrug, Ducksch, Werner, Burkhardt, Adeyemi, Moukoko, Hofmann

Midfield: Brandt, Kimmich, Neuhaus, Arnold, Wirtz, Musiala

Defense: Bella-Kotchap, Günter, Knoche, Andrich, Ginter, Raum, Henrichs, Wolf

GK: Ter Stegen, Baumann

No love for Tah? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How's Rüdiger doing for Real Madrid? I don't always get the criticism he gets from some. Personality and player wise, he's definitely someone I'd want on my team. 

No love for Tah

Wasn't sure if he had been called up somewhere else.  Also, I'd add Hany Mukhtar from Nashville in the MLS.  The guy is unreal.

Don't know much about Rudiger.  All I know is that the CB pairings haven't been working out.

9 minutes ago, Coma said:

Also, I'd add Hany Mukhtar from Nashville in the MLS.  The guy is unreal.

Funnily enough I started an FM save with Germany yesterday, and I called him up. xD

But yea, I saw and heard good things about him. 

Was about time. This team is probably as terrible as the Euro teams 2000, 2004 respectively were. Hopefully this means the end of this midfield/attack and false 9 nomination crap.

On 10/09/2023 at 17:13, Reluctant Striker said:

I just read Flick is the first ever German national team manager to be sacked !

Things must be really bad.

To be fair, that's only because Erich Ribbeck and Rudi Völler had, contrary to Flick, the decency to resign after the horrible Euro tournaments 2000 and 2004, respectively.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber

Julian Nagelsmann is the favourite to replace Hansi Flick and is being discussed within the DFB. Bayern would demand a fee for Nagelsmann but would probably give the DFB a 'discount' compared to a club. No contact between DFB and Nagelsmann at the moment as the focus for now is on the game against France. Rudi Völler emphasized that the DFB are looking for a long-term solution. An emergency solution like van Gaal is unlikely. A foreign coach like Zidane is unrealistic due to the language barrier. Rumours at the DFB that Nagelsmann could have Sandro Wagner as assistant coach

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

An article I read mentioned Oliver Glasner or Mattias Sammer.  Those aren't bad shouts actually.  Sammer was hard as nails and might instill some of that grit that's needed.  Glasner did well at Frankfurt before he fell out with the board there.  Not sure if he could handle all the egos of a NT though.  I think I'd lean toward Sammer.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

An article I read mentioned Oliver Glasner or Mattias Sammer.  Those aren't bad shouts actually.  Sammer was hard as nails and might instill some of that grit that's needed.  Glasner did well at Frankfurt before he fell out with the board there.  Not sure if he could handle all the egos of a NT though.  I think I'd lean toward Sammer.

Sammer hasn't had a coaching gig in ages tho. Last time was Stuttgart? 2005 or something. 

I'd be okay with Glasner. 

Lows squad selections seemed so braindead, strikerless teams attacking with no focal point or direction, players playing out of position in absolute headscratchers, and Flick seemed like he would be such a breath of fresh air after a good 6 or so years of Low falling off the wagon. Instead it was groundhog day, I'm just glad this happened quickly. 

Now can we raid Poland for some strikers and get back to greatness? 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Thinking of the guy who literally became known as Löw's assistant as a breath of fresh air. 😬

To be fair that was the prevailing thought at the time, especially after he played such flowing football at Bayern.  His stock was on the up and it seemed like a great appointment.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Flick looks very much a flash in the pan the longer time goes on.

He definitely caught lightning in a bottle. Part of me thinks thats why he took the DFB job to just get out while ahead. The second season we could see the cracks in his high line with some regularity.

TBF to him he locked in our starting 11 and basically ran with it while with the DFB he could not settle on a lineup to save his life. Constant tinkering with personal and setup seemingly. 

• The title was changed to Julian Nagelsmann appointed as Germany Manager