talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

The idea of punishing players for reporting racism in good faith is dark age stuff. No fucking way should it happen. 

I do believe, however, that a public statement of apology should be made through the respected player's club. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FOYM said:

The idea of punishing players for reporting racism in good faith is dark age stuff. No fucking way should it happen. 

I do believe, however, that a public statement of apology should be made through the respected player's club. 

That would be better than nothing I suppose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t you just love International friendlies!

Already lost Gomez and Emre Can for the next few games at least and tonight Robertson has picked up an injury playing for fucking Scotland who have absolutely no reason to playing friendlies. 

Oh well, looks like Moreno will be our LB going into the CL quarter finals and Premiere League run in. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don’t you just love International friendlies!

Already lost Gomez and Emre Can for the next few games at least and tonight Robertson has picked up an injury playing for fucking Scotland who have absolutely no reason to playing friendlies. 

Oh well, looks like Moreno will be our LB going into the CL quarter finals and Premiere League run in. 

It was too good to last. Surely even you must know this by now.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Y’mean ‘even me’ ya bell xD

Nah not me ... you lol. It was high time an injury or two came around to ruin the season and it couldn't have come at a more important time. Having said that I think we can still cause City problems we just have to make sure someone keeps Moreno in check.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can't find anywhere reporting that Robertson is injured

He got took off injured last night playing for Scotland. Not sure how serious it is (either a thigh strain or a dead leg apparently) but it doesn’t look good him playing against Palace and City. 

They mentioned it on the highlight show last night. Hopefully they were talking shite and it was nothing and he’s fine. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He got took off injured last night playing for Scotland. Not sure how serious it is (either a thigh strain or a dead leg apparently) but it doesn’t look good him playing against Palace and City. 

Hopefully it was nothing and he’s fine. 

Can't be anything serious. LFC didn't mention it in their round up of internationals and neither did the Echo. If it's a dead leg he may miss the weekend but will probably be fit for Wednesday. Bit of an overreaction to say he's going to miss the run in like!xD

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can't be anything serious. LFC didn't mention it in their round up of internationals and neither did the Echo. If it's a dead leg he may miss the weekend but will probably be fit for Wednesday. Bit of an overreaction to say he's going to miss the run in like!xD

I did say ‘Going INTO the run in’!

Fuck me you’re like a cross between my old form tutor and my mum. 

xD

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Administrator

Lallana could return sooner than first expected. 

Matip out for the season though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43628713

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana could still play again this season, says manager Jurgen Klopp.

It was feared the England international had suffered a "serious" injury soon after coming on as a substitute in the 2-1 win at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

"That's not as bad as we thought - a number of weeks," Klopp said.

However, centre-back Joel Matip is set to miss the rest of the season as the club say he is "likely to require an operation on a thigh injury".

Lallana, 29, has endured a season disrupted by injury and left the pitch just five minutes after coming on as a substitute.

"It is not the Adam Lallana season so far," Klopp said on Tuesday.

"There is a little hope, of course, that we can maybe use him again this season, but we have to wait. It is absolutely not the time to bring any rush into the situation."

Matip, 26, also suffered his injury during the victory at Selhurst Park but played the whole game.

A Reds statement said "the operation is likely to end" Matip's "involvement in the remainder" of the campaign.

Liverpool host Premier League leaders Manchester City in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday.

The Germany-born, former Cameroon defender has made 25 league appearances this season, scoring once.

Fellow defender Joe Gomez suffered an ankle injury playing for England during the international break.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

We really could do with a new partner for Van Dijk in the summer. Neither Matip or Lovren are good enough. Both unreliable fitness wise too. 

I agree 100%. Lovren's I think had a (marginally) better season than Matip... but he's still had some HUGE blunders that have been costly. Matip's fitness problems are pretty poor too, and I think while he had a good start to his Liverpool career each time he comes back from a spell out on the physio table... he's a bit worse each time. Maybe that's a match fitness issue or a confidence issue - but it is something I've noticed.

I'd like Van Dijk to be paired with another Dutchman... Stefan de Vrij from Lazio.

• Upvote 1

Should be going all out to sign DeVrij. Imagine him & Van Dijk being the CB partnership for both club and country. 

Make it happen boys, big signing fee and a bucketload of wages because we desperately need it. A new RB, CM, striker option & GK would be the minimum aims for the summer. 

14 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Should be going all out to sign DeVrij. Imagine him & Van Dijk being the CB partnership for both club and country. 

Make it happen boys, big signing fee and a bucketload of wages because we desperately need it. A new RB, CM, striker option & GK would be the minimum aims for the summer. 

I agree with you. But I don't think they'll all be massive signings or anything, I think we'll get 2-3 big money signings and then a couple of squad players with room to grow into first team players (like we did with Andy Robertson). It's also pretty important for us to get rid of Sturridge, I think. That's a lot of wages for a player that I think at the top level, is most likely done. I think it's time for a less physical league if he wants to keep playing.

But assuming everybody else at the club stays, other than Sturridge and Can, here's how I'd like our summer to go.

I think a CM and CB are the two biggest priorities. The rumours of Jorginho are, imo, the best possible fit for what we need in a replacement for Emre Can that I really hope they are true. He'd be a signing that fits in with the way we play perfectly and his strengths are many of our current midfielders weaknesses. And with him, Naby Keita and then 1 of our current crop of midfielders... and that's a markedly improved midfield's to this seasons on paper.

De Vrij as a CB I already stated my preference for. He's just a very solid defender, who's already familiar with playing alongside Van Dijk. And if we get him, then I think whoever we sign as a GK should ultimately be signed as a competent backup (i.e., not someone totally shite as a backup, someone we wouldn't feel horrified to have to play would be nice) to Karius (who I think has looked like a totally different keeper with Van Dijk in front of him, and one that's suited for the way Klopp likes us to defend - I'd rather try to develop him further than waste money, if possible).

And then for me, the biggest thing would then be improving on a backup to Bobby. Because I like Ings a lot, but I don't think we'd want to be relying on him for an extended period of time if Firmino gets injured. I'd like someone like Ben Yedder... but that's not gonna happen lol. "Excuse me, Mr. Good striker who'll probably be highly sought after.... would you like to sit on the bench for us most of the time?" It's kind of hard to predict who'd be a good striker to essentially be second choice most of the time (although I imagine they'd be thrown on more than Ings if they're substantially better). Players that are more proven generally won't want that kind of role, younger players that are on the cusp of being established can have their development through lack of time on the pitch, bringing in a veteran who'd be willing to shoulder responsibility also comes with the risk of that player being totally passed it.

I actually don't think right back is a major priority though. TAA is raw, but he's still got a hell of a lot of potential. Same with Gomez. They make mistakes, but there's plenty of promise to the way they've performed this season - they've not shown themselves to be totally shite, so they deserve to still have their chances. But if Clyne looks a shadow of himself on his return, then right back might jump up the list of priorities. But if he's back to being Mr. Reliable for us, then I'm okay with the fact he's not the best going forward. He still makes the right runs and creates width, even if his crossing is dogshit - he was an underrated player for us before his injury. I hope he's the same player after the long layoff.

But if nobody leaves us and we make some improvements, particularly at CM and CB... and considering that Keita is still on the way... we should be looking a lot better on paper. How a team looks on paper doesn't mean a thing, especially when it comes to guessing about new signings - but it's nice to see us actually be in a position to sign our top players and actually make tangible progress after years of stagnating/going backwards.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Mirror reporting Can is out for the season. Everyone knows that I'm not his biggest fan but we're thin on the ground in the middle now with Henderson suspended on Tuesday. 

probably means he's agreed terms with another club and doesn't fancy playing for you guys again :ph34r: 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Mirror reporting Can is out for the season. Everyone knows that I'm not his biggest fan but we're thin on the ground in the middle now with Henderson suspended on Tuesday. 

Its strange how a few months ago people were moaning about how many midfielders were being brought in and now this has happened. 

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

James Pearce says we don't believe his seasons over. But we do need him against City and he won't be available for that.