talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yep another howler against Tranmere. I've got no confidence going into the season with him as our starting keeper tbh.

Straight after the goal a Tranmere player ran over to Karius and said "you're fucking shite" xD

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Straight after the goal a Tranmere player ran over to Karius and said "you're fucking shite" xD

Imagine playing for Tranmere and calling someone shit xD

and then imagine that and not necessarily being wrong xD

Poor Karius. Hope we sign a new keeper though.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sounds like a cunt to be honest. That's like if I played for a Sunday league team and scored against Tranmere in a friendly and called their keeper shite. Which they would be if I scored against them, but it'd still make me a cunt.

Yeah, the fella that said that is a wanker. 

Klopp has to be looking at a GK, HAS to be, surely?? Why not somebody like Sommer from Monchengladbach? He won't break the bank and he's a fine keeper for Karius to learn from. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Got a lot of time for players having a dig at each other. It’s not as though James, 15, from Somerset who goes by the Twitter name of SalahKingMane, is calling a professional footballer shit. 

He's not that far off tbh:

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yep another howler against Tranmere. I've got no confidence going into the season with him as our starting keeper tbh.

Nope, me neither. If Klopp sticks by him, it's going to cost us big time this season. 

It's actually not fair on Karius either if he persists with him. Look how that mistake has been blown up on social media. It was a friendly being played the same time as a World Cup semi final. Imagine if he makes another mistake that actually costs us points?

The mistakes in the Champions League final stick in the memory because of the stage and because they were such howlers, but that's not a true reflection of Karius's level as a goalkeeper. He was pretty good for almost all of last season until that night, and we all know the circumstances surrounding those errors. If we can't get a genuine top quality goalkeeper, I'm fine with him as our number 1 next season. There's an argument that the fan's attitude towards Karius has become so toxic after what happened in Kiev that his position has become untenable, but christ we put up with Mignolet for long enough, and he's far worse.

We do need a top quality goalkeeper, but I don't want to see us pay good money for a slight upgrade. That wouldn't solve the problem, but it would cause more inconsistency in the composition of the back five, and potentially leave us with yet another goalkeeper we'll struggle to get rid of next summer.

12 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

The mistakes in the Champions League final stick in the memory because of the stage and because they were such howlers, but that's not a true reflection of Karius's level as a goalkeeper. He was pretty good for almost all of last season until that night, and we all know the circumstances surrounding those errors. If we can't get a genuine top quality goalkeeper, I'm fine with him as our number 1 next season. There's an argument that the fan's attitude towards Karius has become so toxic after what happened in Kiev that his position has become untenable, but christ we put up with Mignolet for long enough, and he's far worse.

We do need a top quality goalkeeper, but I don't want to see us pay good money for a slight upgrade. That wouldn't solve the problem, but it would cause more inconsistency in the composition of the back five, and potentially leave us with yet another goalkeeper we'll struggle to get rid of next summer.

That he fucked it up? Come off the concussion bollocks.

• Upvote 1

I think he was probably a little concussed but let's be honest. He fucked it up because he's young and he didn't handle the pressure of the game. It's not because he's a shite keeper, because he's clearly not shit. If he hadn't of made those errors on the biggest stage then I'd be happy with him as our first choice this season, but I think it will have massively affected his confidence and every rival crowd are gonna be on his back. 

"I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League. Now with my national team we are in the final.

"I think people should recognise that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

"I took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League. Now with my national team we are in the final.

"I think people should recognise that I am also one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

xD

Please tell me thats not who I think it is.

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Oh give it a rest. It was the most blatent cover up that's ever existed. He dropped two clangers get over it, absolutely typical Liverpool to bury your head in the sand and find an excuse. 

He dropped two clangers because he's fucking AIDS. End of.

You kept that quite!

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Oh give it a rest. It was the most blatent cover up that's ever existed. He dropped two clangers get over it, absolutely typical Liverpool to bury your head in the sand and find an excuse. 

He dropped two clangers because he's fucking AIDS. End of.

So Mignolet's been shite and making mistakes left, right, and centre for six years, but all of a sudden Karius does it and the club decides to "cover it up" by asking a doctor to jeopardise his career and invent a concussion? To what end?

16 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

So Mignolet's been shite and making mistakes left, right, and centre for six years, but all of a sudden Karius does it and the club decides to "cover it up" by asking a doctor to jeopardise his career and invent a concussion? To what end?

I think you're the first person I've come across who's actually bought into this concussion nonsense

• Upvote 1