talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

57 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Whatever, mate, you see it your way, I see it mine. But honestly if I thought the club lied as frequently and as egregiously as you do, I don't know how I'd be able to continue supporting them.

I support the team not necessarily the club in everything they do

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I support the team not necessarily the club in everything they do

To be fair Mike, you are the most downbeat, suspicious, negative, absolute downer that I've ever come across xD

It's good how you have come round to the fact FSG aren't the devil but you do still try and find every opportunity to moan like a slag. 

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair Mike, you are the most downbeat, suspicious, negative, absolute downer that I've ever come across xD

It's good how you have come round to the fact FSG aren't the devil but you do still try and find every opportunity to moan like a slag. 

He's far from negative. He's just not a delusional knob who eats up everything Liverpool as if it's the best thing ever. Sometimes we do shit, sign shit and the club makes shit decisions. Every club is the same, and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

He's far from negative. He's just not a delusional knob who eats up everything Liverpool as if it's the best thing ever. Sometimes we do shit, sign shit and the club makes shit decisions. Every club is the same, and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

I never said it was! But ignoring everything good we do as a club whilst coming out with alterior motives time after time does become noticeable. 

Me and Mike have had this debate loads. I've desputed his theory that FSG expanding the stadium, totally revamping our training facilities and reinvesting money into the playing squad, isn't some evil scheme that the Americans have concucted that will eventually leave us dead and buried, like he seems to think. 

Literally everything we do he pours cold water on and I don't think it's too harsh me and others pointing that out. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I never said it was! But ignoring everything good we do as a club whilst coming out with alterior motives time after time does become noticeable. 

Me and Mike have had this debate loads. I've desputed his theory that FSG expanding the stadium, totally revamping our training facilities and reinvesting money into the playing squad, isn't some evil scheme that the Americans have concucted that will eventually leave us dead and buried, like he seems to think. 

Literally everything we do he pours cold water on and I don't think it's too harsh me and others pointing that out. 

In fairness only a dildo would believe the concussion rubbish.

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't ignore everything good we do though! And neither have I ever said they'll leave us dead and buried, ffs! My argument was that we weren't reaching our potential. For five years after FSG took over they made mistake after mistake. They've got a lot better over the last two or three years since appointing Klopp. I don't think that analysis of the club since 2010 is harsh at all

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

All of our fans should be suspicious of any owner after the last lot

Edited by LFCMike

32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think anyone believed the concussion rubbish to be fair xD 

I certainly didn't. 

Someone in this thread did and I was responding to that

Danny best me to itxD

Edited by LFCMike

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I don't ignore everything good we do though! And neither have I ever said they'll leave us dead and buried, ffs! My argument was that we weren't reaching our potential. For five years after FSG took over they made mistake after mistake. They've got a lot better over the last two or three years since appointing Klopp. I don't think that analysis of the club since 2010 is harsh at all

Don't get me wrong Mike, I think you're sound. I just think you moan too much xD

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Tbf to FSG, by their own admission they knew next to nothing about football... let alone running a football club. In those first 5 years they made a lot of mistakes in terms of developing us in a football sense, but Ayre did a lot for us on the getting sponsors to throw cash at us front - and over those first 5 years they've learned a lot and we're now in a position where we can drop insane amounts of money on players like VvD, Keita, Fabinho, Salah, etc., to build on the good work Klopp has done in a pretty meaningful way for us on the pitch.

But I do agree, we should be suspicious of any owner after G&H... and Moore, who was desperate to sell and ultimately put us in the hands of 2 dickheads who'd have us staring administration in the face with Roy Hodgson as our manager, who'd then tell the fans that draws against dogshite sides were "good results". But on the whole, I think FSG have been pretty ideal owners other than the fact they don't have the deep pockets of the oil clubs. But I also think that helps us be a real football club, rather than some plastic club that's really just an oil barons plaything.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't get me wrong Mike, I think you're sound. I just think you moan too much xD

I don't even know why you've brought up me apparently moaning too much to be honest. I was responding to someone who believed the Karius concussion bollocks??

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf to FSG, by their own admission they knew next to nothing about football... let alone running a football club. In those first 5 years they made a lot of mistakes in terms of developing us in a football sense, but Ayre did a lot for us on the getting sponsors to throw cash at us front - and over those first 5 years they've learned a lot and we're now in a position where we can drop insane amounts of money on players like VvD, Keita, Fabinho, Salah, etc., to build on the good work Klopp has done in a pretty meaningful way for us on the pitch.

But I do agree, we should be suspicious of any owner after G&H... and Moore, who was desperate to sell and ultimately put us in the hands of 2 dickheads who'd have us staring administration in the face with Roy Hodgson as our manager, who'd then tell the fans that draws against dogshite sides were "good results". But on the whole, I think FSG have been pretty ideal owners other than the fact they don't have the deep pockets of the oil clubs. But I also think that helps us be a real football club, rather than some plastic club that's really just an oil barons plaything.

I agree with most of that. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be any criticism of the first few years though. I'm not saying anymore anyway, it'll get MadLad on one xD

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't even know why you've brought up me apparently moaning too much to be honest. I was responding to someone who believed the Karius concussion bollocks??

I agree with most of that. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be any criticism of the first few years though. I'm not saying anymore anyway, it'll get MadLad on one xD

Don't bring me into it :whistling:

• Subscriber

Even if the Karius concussion story was true putting it out into the public domain was a bit of a cringey and transparent attempt to protect the goalkeeper after he cost them the Champions League final. Apparently it worked on some fans though so I guess fair enough?

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@LFCMadLad you seem pretty excited after going quiet during the World Cup.

Offering any £5,000 bets ahead of this season?

I was in Montego Bay during the World Cup mate plus the National side doesn't interest me in the slightest. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

That's shit for him and shit for us. I hope he comes back just as good as he was in the past season prior to the injury - was very impressed with how he performed considering a lot of the indifference to him leaving Arsenal. He's a good player, adds a lot of pace, drive and energy to the midfield.

• Administrator
On 17/07/2018 at 17:06, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough but what about the bets :ph34r:

he goes quiet about bets. He still owes me (read, the forum) after the Spurs/Liverpool bet last season.

:ay: