talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Allison fee and the VVD fee basically add up to the Coutinho fee. Thanks Barca, you twats :) 

Isn't that what many neutrals where saying when Barcelona first came in for Coutinho?  Take the money and buy a decent defender and keeper.  

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Isn't that what many neutrals where saying when Barcelona first came in for Coutinho?  Take the money and buy a decent defender and keeper.  

Yeah but people were saying that when the offers were substantially smaller than what we ended up getting for Coutinho.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but people were saying that when the offers were substantially smaller than what we ended up getting for Coutinho.

True, but the cost of decent defenders and keepers were cheaper than also, so it may have worked out about the same.

Just now, Redcanuck said:

True, but the cost of decent defenders and keepers were cheaper than also, so it may have worked out about the same.

We bought VVD before we sold Coutinho though. That was probably more expensive than it needed to be because of us fucking Southampton about with tapping him up and routinely going after their best players and us needing to assuage them. But we brought him in before selling Coutinho & both transfers were after the Neymar transfer which has utterly ruined this market.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp’s rejected Henderson’s request to End his time off and go straight back to pre-season training. Klopp called him crazy and confirmed he and Lovren have extended breaks and won’t be in our opening match.

Hendo's just an animal. Doesn't even want a break xD

Just now, Cicero said:

Maybe because he's on the verge of losing his starting spot. Wants to show his hunger and desire. 

He's always like that. By all accounts he's first to arrive at training and last to leave, every single day. 

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but there's no doubting his professionalism and dedication. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's always like that. By all accounts he's first to arrive at training and last to leave, every single day. 

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but there's no doubting his professionalism and dedication. 

You think he'd keep that level of dedication being a bit part player now and losing his captaincy?

Can not see him stating over Keita or Fabinho. Not unless you lot don't get Fekir 

Just now, Cicero said:

You think he'd keep that level of dedication being a bit part player now and losing his captaincy?

Can not see him stating over Keita or Fabinho. Not unless you lot don't get Fekir 

Why would he lose the captaincy? Klopp has made it clear numerous times that he doesn't give a fuck who wears the armband because he wants everyone to be a leader. When Hendo doesn't play Klopp just gives the armband to the longest serving player. It means very little to him. 

Regarding losing his place... All the CM's will be rotated and all of them will see plenty of playing time. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why would he lose the captaincy? Klopp has made it clear numerous times that he doesn't give a fuck who wears the armband because he wants everyone to be a leader. When Hendo doesn't play Klopp just gives the armband to the longest serving player. It means very little to him. 

Regarding losing his place... All the CM's will be rotated and all of them will see plenty of playing time. 

Sooo, it'll be Lovren?

Just now, Cicero said:

Sooo, it'll be Lovren?

The longest serving player on the pitch on the first day of the season if Klopps trend follows suit. Won't be Lovren because he played in the WC Final and Klopp said that players that went deep into the competition won't be ready. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sooo, it'll be Lovren?

I’d give it to VVD, natural leader. But I don’t think Hendo will lose his captaincy.

Here’s how I feel right now:

I actually think Allison will bring about the end of new players coming in. A few players like Ward, Migs, Ings might get sold and some kids might get loan moves, but I think we’ll go into the season keeping Origi and Sturridge and giving them a shot, rightly or wrongly, at redemption. As backup to Bobby though.

I think we still want a #10, but I am not sure we go back for Fekir. At least probably not until January.!l So I think that makes our midfield three a trio of: Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and Lallana. Even with no #10 that’s decent depth.

Keeper we’ve splashed the cash on. A healthy Clyne on top of the defense we had last year that improved massively with VVD.

The depth with our front three, a bad injury to any one of them would be devestating. It’s been addressed a bit with Shaqiri for depth, but any one of that trio being out would not be good. Especially Bobby.

Having said that we’ve addressed major concerns in a big way this summer and brought in Shaqiri for much needed depth. So that’s a major positive going into this season.

• Subscriber

You can have a club captain then a team captain who's more likely to spend the majority of time on the pitch. Like for us this season hopefully Coleman will be team and de facto captain while Jagielka remains club captain. Saves you stripping a loyal player who you want to keep around but won't always be on the pitch of the captaincy. Or just give the armband to your new guy and come out with some shite about how you expect everyone to be a captain on the pitch and the armband basically doesn't matter. More than one way to skin a sheep like.

Edited by RandoEFC
  • Upvote 1

@Happy Blue

We're going to have a serious North-West Brazilian rivalry going on now.

Keeper: Allison v. Ederson

Midfield: Fabinho v Fernandinho

Forward: Firmino v Jesus

Hopefully with the additions to the squad, we'll be able to give you a serious run for the title instead of letting you just run away with it. And these 6 lads are all competing for the same positions in the national team.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Gabriel Jesus has a lot to prove for me. Has had his injury problems fair enough and his record is decent but I think he's a bit overrated compared to what he's actually delivered.

17 goals last season??

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Gabriel Jesus has a lot to prove for me. Has had his injury problems fair enough and his record is decent but I think he's a bit overrated compared to what he's actually delivered.

He was awful in the World Cup too, I think Tite is a bit mental for not dropping him for Firmino who looked much better. They’re both better at different things though.

While Firmino is undoubtedly one of my favourite players, and Allison is now the most expensive keeper ever, the signing I’m actually most excited about is Fabinho, despite not following French football at all. While CB was an issue, at least until VVD came around, and keeper has been a problem position for us for years, I’ve been wanting us to play with a real DM and one with lots of energy in the midfield. With the midfielders we have, our front 3, and our bombing fullbacks I’ve long thought a Mascherano-a-like would go a long ways to improving us.

But I also thought that’s not a very Klopp like player. I figured someone more like Jorginho (who I wanted as our #1 signing) would be more in line with how we play. But when we quickly signed Fabinho and read about his play style and watched some videos, he looks like the player I’ve wanted us to have since Masch left. But with more height.

If he fits in well with us, I think that’s just brilliant because more control of the midfield helps the defense and the attack. And that’s what players like that allow for. If he settles quickl and is a good fit, it’s massive for us.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Happy Blue

We're going to have a serious North-West Brazilian rivalry going on now.

Keeper: Allison v. Ederson

Midfield: Fabinho v Fernandinho

Forward: Firmino v Jesus

Hopefully with the additions to the squad, we'll be able to give you a serious run for the title instead of letting you just run away with it. And these 6 lads are all competing for the same positions in the national team.

Fabinho is a cracking signing, just what you needed with a keeper. Liverpool's biggest problem has always been consistency, you are always one of our hardest games of a season but you have to play at that level for a full season to win a title, your squad has to believe  ...can they catch the team that's just got 100pts?? ..cant wait for the season to start again B|  ..this pre season we are about to play against you wont tell us much as all our 1st team bar Sane & Mahrez have just started there holidays after the world cup, will be nice to see the kids though, Foden & Diaz especially, we have just bought Claudio Gomes from PSG who's another exciting young player  

And if anymore Brazilians move to the north west, they will be making a beach on the East Lancs xD  ..when Robinho was here he had a beach made in his house :rofl: 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1