talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Liverpool fans have learnt never to say it's our year. They probably never did apart from a few token whoppers.

The 'it could be Liverpools year' originated from the media unless I'm misremembering. Several years in a row you'd get a Sky pundit writing a column on the website or tipping them for a title challenge on Soccer Saturday only for them to end up nowhere near. It's possible that Phil Thompson was the main culprit so it ended up getting associated with Liverpool fans themselves, it's been a while though.

Also it's quite clear that when rival fans use it to poke fun at Liverpool it's an obvious joke and not a genuine accusation that Liverpool fans think they're going to win the league every season.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Who would have thought asking the simple question of "can Liverpool be accused of trying to buy success" would create so much squirming n wriggling from their deluded army of fans?

Appreciate those other non Liverpool fans for pointing out the non acceptance of the proof I posted of Klopp already spent, the never ending transfer fee of Coutinho, by their deluded masses, but I think we are wasting our time trying to get an answer n it's time to leave this make-believe thread .

Just sowing the seed! :ay:

Why are you so bitter towards LFC? I mean it's not like we have been in competition with you for league titles or anything recently. Is it because we used to shag your lot up the arse when it came to the Champions League? 

Chelsea are a big club in this country by virtue of recent oil success but make no mistake, you'll be dead and buried along with your grandkids and their grandkids before Chelsea come anywhere near us sunshine. 

Enjoy your evening :ay:

Manchester United are England's biggest club, for a whole variety of reasons but they always have been. Even in the 70s they were drawing huge crowds, the biggest. They have a pull beyond any other, the Munich disaster pulled the whole country behind them and there is an undeniable romance about them. Liverpool, are the only English club in the same stratosphere as them though, the only club who deserves the title as 'one of the biggest clubs in the world' in England. 

Liverpool have gone 30 years without a league title, yet they still generate more press attention than Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea...they're just a significantly bigger club. Liverpol have always been a step behind the modern game though, but now they look they're rectifying things a little bit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The only significant measure by which I can put Liverpool ahead of Manchester United is that they've won more European Cups. I wonder if @SirBalon wants to apply the same logic to which club is bigger out of Barcelona and Real Madrid? :whistling:

They are bigger and I’ve never denied that mate. They’re the biggest club in the world.  The only thing I argued was that last season was a disaster for them and saved face with the Champions League in a weird manner. Manchester United doesn’t come close to Liverpool apart from fabricated marketing. This is what Sir Alex Ferguson capitalised on before the money and during the Premier League product explosion. 

• Haha 1

"We don't care what the world around us is thinking," Klopp said.

"Like Manchester United didn't care what I said."

The German added: "It is only an opinion in that moment. Did I change my opinion? Yes. That is true. But it is better to change your opinion than never have one.

"We have the players we want."

There you have it folks, like most humans on earth have done sometime in their lives, he changed his opinion.

I agree!  People do change their opinions all the time and it's actually healthy to do this because otherwise where we we be as a human species?  Humans HAVE to have the ability to do so and what one's opinion was in the first place wasn't actually scripture for God's sake.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rick said:

"We don't care what the world around us is thinking," Klopp said.

"Like Manchester United didn't care what I said."

The German added: "It is only an opinion in that moment. Did I change my opinion? Yes. That is true. But it is better to change your opinion than never have one.

"We have the players we want."

There you have it folks, like most humans on earth have done sometime in their lives, he changed his opinion.

"That’s the problem these days,” said Klopp.

“Whatever bulls**t you say, nobody will forget it. On the other side, it is still kind of true. I couldn’t imagine the world would change like that from two-and-a-half years ago.

“One hundred million was a crazy amount of money. Since then the world has changed completely and we have signed the most-expensive goalkeeper and all that stuff.

“We don’t care what the world around us is thinking, like Man United didn’t care about what I said. It’s only an opinion in that moment.

“Did I change my opinion? Yes. That’s true. But it’s better to change your opinion than never have one.

“Whatever people say about that and bring it up again and again, I have had worse days in my life and worse things. I am fine with that. We have the players we wanted. I am fine with that.”

I fully agree with Sirbalon. United may have the superior marketing (and arguably team) in today's game but they have enough domestic titles + 5 European titles to measure enough success for that title, as well as fans.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Me? Please elaborate?

You were the one all pissed off at my Everton aren’t they? Right? Literally a meaningless throwaway comment because I thought (like literally everyone) you’re paying too much.

Instead of getting hypersensitive about me having some lulz @ Everton (I ama LFC fan after all) couldn’t you just have said “fuck it we’be gotten Silva’s man, let the good times fucking roll.” Instead now that thread is awkward. Granted, now I’ve brought it to here.

But it’s just some shite, it doesn’t matter but I hope ya bluesshite bastards know I fuckin love ya @Cannabis& @RandoEFC

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You were the one all pissed off at my Everton aren’t they? Right? Literally a meaningless throwaway comment because I thought (like literally everyone) you’re paying too much.

Instead of getting hypersensitive about me having some lulz @ Everton (I ama LFC fan after all) couldn’t you just have said “fuck it we’be gotten Silva’s man, let the good times fucking roll.” Instead now that thread is awkward. Granted, now I’ve brought it to here.

But it’s just some shite, it doesn’t matter but I hope ya bluesshite bastards know I fuckin love ya @Cannabis& @RandoEFC

I only said your comment was pretty immature or something but yeah that was just you've had a dig and I had a dig back. What followed (from me at least) wasn't to do with that specific comment but my honest appraisal of how I interpret people's attitudes towards Everton as that was where the discussion moved to.

Don't think that threads awkward really, for me it was just a debate but some people may have come across a bit touchy or sensitive I guess.

Doubt anyone cares tbh. It's blatantly clear that Klopp isn't perfect, especially after his criticisms a couple years ago stating they lost because of the pitch or some nonsense like that. 

No manager is and it's funny people are making a big deal out of it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Karius made another mistake last night in the friendly against Dortmund.

Surely his confidence is about 0 on a scale of 0-1000000. Obviously the CL error and now knowing he's going to be replaced by Alisson. His head must be all over the place (not just because of the concussion). I feel for him but surely the best thing Klopp can do is not put him in the limelight even more for a bit?  Give him a break and leave him out of the public eye for a bit?

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Doubt anyone cares tbh. It's blatantly clear that Klopp isn't perfect, especially after his criticisms a couple years ago stating they lost because of the pitch or some nonsense like that. 

No manager is and it's funny people are making a big deal out of it. 

I think its easily put into context with one sentence.

"It's all they really have"

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Surely his confidence is about 0 on a scale of 0-1000000. Obviously the CL error and now knowing he's going to be replaced by Alisson. His head must be all over the place (not just because of the concussion). I feel for him but surely the best thing Klopp can do is not put him in the limelight even more for a bit?  Give him a break and leave him out of the public eye for a bit?

Could probably do with a season on loan back in Germany in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

What mistake did he make? I was only able to get a stream working round the 55 min mark.