talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

So we still can't get rid of Markovic. Agreed a fee with Anderlecht of £2.9m but he couldn't agree personal terms

Shocking signing from day one, but this isn't a massive blow in its own right as it would've been a small fee and I don't think he's on a lot of money. He'll be gone at the end of the season fortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What's the combined value of what's in their pockets from last night?

Not that much compared to some I'd imagine. Trent is a youth graduate on a relatively low wage and Robertson I believe is one of our lowest paid first team players.

Still both be on a right mint like xD

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not that much compared to some I'd imagine. Trent is a youth graduate on a relatively low wage and Robertson I believe is one of our lowest paid first team players.

What I was saying is you empty Trent's pockets and threre's Neymar with his outrageous fee. And Andy's got Mbappe in his with his own ridiculous fee. Not bad for us.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's talking about both TAA and Robertson keeping Mbappe and Neymar out of the game xD

On 20/09/2018 at 04:27, LFCMadLad said:

They are great but part of me wonders whether robertson is permanent class or more a Jon Flanagan who's hacking a burst of hunger that is leading him to play above his capabilities but may not be able to sustain it....

5 hours ago, Harry said:

They are great but part of me wonders whether robertson is permanent class or more a Jon Flanagan who's hacking a burst of hunger that is leading him to play above his capabilities but may not be able to sustain it....

Lol Flanagan was never as good as Robertson, not even comparable. Flanagan was a yard dog people liked because he was Scouse and got stuck in. Nowhere near as good as Robertson going forward.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Wat? All last season and this one...and you think it's all from some ongoing burst of confidence. Come on.

Robertson has been consistently quite good for years. He did alright in a relegated Hull side and then was their best player arguably when they got promoted. He scored against England all the way back in 2014. 

It's not like Flanagan, where a nobody had one really good season out of nowhere. Robertson has clearly been a quality player for years, but has just went from playing with Hull, to playing under a world class manager with a world class side and logically went up in his own level.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Rick said:

Wat? All last season and this one...and you think it's all from some ongoing burst of confidence. Come on.

1 season and 5 games. Flanno went 1 season. 

Not saying it's so but no question I'd  have been laughed at similarly if I'd suggested Flanno might have just been an average player on a  emotional high in 2013/14. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Not saying it's so but no question I'd  have been laughed at similarly if I'd suggested Flanno might have just been an average player on a  emotional high in 2013/14. 

Flanagan was different. He lacked the skill and finesse that Robertson has going forward. Nobody here can say that even at his best, that Flanagan was anything other than a great workhorse who could chip in with a few decent crosses. Robertson has so much more to his game, and you can count on one hand the times that the opposition have gotten the better of him. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rick said:

Flanagan was different. He lacked the skill and finesse that Robertson has going forward. Nobody here can say that even at his best, that Flanagan was anything other than a great workhorse who could chip in with a few decent crosses. Robertson has so much more to his game, and you can count on one hand the times that the opposition have gotten the better of him. 

Fair call. I'm just always a bit wary of left field heroes...

21 hours ago, Harry said:

I wouldn't have laughed. I think Flanagan's lack of finesse was there for all to see - but he always played with a shitload of passion for us. Worked his arse off and stuck to the basics but played with his heart on his sleeve. On Robertson's first match for us I immediately noticed his quality on the ball - something you'd never consistently see from Flano.

On another note, I never really liked Gomez as a fullback - weirdly bad at defending crosses for a natural CB out wide. Not the best delivery either... but plenty of pace. But this season he's been a revelation, looks great defending crosses and his pace and strength is used to great effect. I think if he keeps this form up and stays fit, he's better for us than Lovren.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't have laughed. I think Flanagan's lack of finesse was there for all to see - but he always played with a shitload of passion for us. Worked his arse off and stuck to the basics but played with his heart on his sleeve. On Robertson's first match for us I immediately noticed his quality on the ball - something you'd never consistently see from Flano.

On another note, I never really liked Gomez as a fullback - weirdly bad at defending crosses for a natural CB out wide. Not the best delivery either... but plenty of pace. But this season he's been a revelation, looks great defending crosses and his pace and strength is used to great effect. I think if he keeps this form up and stays fit, he's better for us than Lovren.

Yeah I thought Gomez was terrible at full back last season. Been great since moving to centre back though