talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Martial should be given time with his child ffs xD These aren't minors trying to earn a bit of bread and soup for their family so they don't starve, this is a job where everyone involved is or will become a millionaire. I'm not sure if that's true about Mourinho missing his daughters graduation, but that is fucked up for any father to prioritise work over that. With that said I'm sure most footballers/managers are guilty of it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Saw the highlights and we looked very good. Sturridge looks a whole different player and seems ready  to fight for a place. Mane is the sharpest of our front  three at the moment (not from a goal perspective but from just running and chasing) and best of all we have a midfielder in the middle who can actually disrupt play very effectively now in Keita. Can't wait for the season to start now.

First friendly I've watched this summer. We were excellent.

Can already tell how much better and more comfortable Alisson is with the ball at his feet than the other two. He's going to improve our general play a lot just by being an outlet for defenders when they're under pressure. 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

First friendly I've watched this summer. We were excellent.

Can already tell how much better and more comfortable Alisson is with the ball at his feet than the other two. He's going to improve our general play a lot just by being an outlet for defenders when they're under pressure. 

I thought he had a couple of nervy moments... He needs to be careful imo because with his price tag any fuckups will be high profile. 

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought he had a couple of nervy moments... He needs to be careful imo because with his price tag any fuckups will be high profile. 

He did, the save he made looked like he tried to catch it but he ended up spilling it wide but in terms of him with the ball at his feet there was nothing nervous about him. I can definitely see some of our fans getting on his back or nervous when he has the ball though because he will take risks. That's not something that bothers me about him though

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not surprised be looked a little nervy considering the gaping holes left between our midfield and defence. I've just watched the game back and although we looked great going forward, there's certainly work to be done when we haven't got the ball. Klopp also alluded to the same issues in his post match presser. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He did, the save he made looked like he tried to catch it but he ended up spilling it wide but in terms of him with the ball at his feet there was nothing nervous about him. I can definitely see some of our fans getting on his back or nervous when he has the ball though because he will take risks. That's not something that bothers me about him though

I'd be saying to him don't take unnecessary risks early on in your time here. The press will jump on and undermine your confidence... just be solid. Let the memory of mignolet fade and only then start doing unnecessarily risky shiz.

A nice 3-1 win tonight. A good pre season, sets us up nicely for a confident start. No major injuries, new signings looking handy (Keita & Shaqiri the stand outs so far). I'm optimistic, but I'm not getting carried away. 

Still think we'll do some more business IN before the window closes. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Rick said:

A nice 3-1 win tonight. A good pre season, sets us up nicely for a confident start. No major injuries, new signings looking handy (Keita & Shaqiri the stand outs so far). I'm optimistic, but I'm not getting carried away. 

Still think we'll do some more business IN before the window closes. 

Still think we're bring in Fekir? I do agree with the new signing looking sharp. When we go Shaqiri everyone was thinking he'd be the same lump of coal he was at Stoke but he's actually been very lively and is contributing rather well in pre-season lets hope it continues into the domestic run as well. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Still think we're bring in Fekir? I do agree with the new signing looking sharp. When we go Shaqiri everyone was thinking he'd be the same lump of coal he was at Stoke but he's actually been very lively and is contributing rather well in pre-season lets hope it continues into the domestic run as well. 

I don't think it'll be Fekir, too pricey for somebody with injury issues. I'd love it to be Pulisic but he's cost s fucking fortune and I can't see us spending another 60/70m this summer. I think it'll just be somebody to pad out the sub options, somebody totally out of the blue.

The only transfers we will be involved in now is outgoings. The squad needs trimming, players such as Migs, Origi and Markovic etc. 

Klopp has said numerous times that nobody else will be coming in but he might need to re-evaluate that seeing as the injuries are already stacking up at CB with VVD now our only fit senior player in that position. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

This time last season when you signed Salah I said he wouldn’t improve you. As It turned out, I was right with you finishing 4th again.

As we stand on the start of this new season your club has spent money, lots of money, almost into the buying success class and the question is, will it improve you?

For me signing a top goalkeeper is the most important signing you could have made. That alone must allow you to improve.

Of course with this money spent there comes expectancy. Without a top two finish or a major cup win, taking in mind how you go into the season, it must be looked upon as a failure.

I have to say I think Liverpool is going to be the most entertaining watch. Not the team on the pitch, but the army of fans who expect success to follow this transfer window where your owners have gone “All In”  

Enjoy fellers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

This time last season when you signed Salah I said he wouldn’t improve you. As It turned out, I was right with you finishing 4th again.

As we stand on the start of this new season your club has spent money, lots of money, almost into the buying success class and the question is, will it improve you?

For me signing a top goalkeeper is the most important signing you could have made. That alone must allow you to improve.

Of course with this money spent there comes expectancy. Without a top two finish or a major cup win, taking in mind how you go into the season, it must be looked upon as a failure.

I have to say I think Liverpool is going to be the most entertaining watch. Not the team on the pitch, but the army of fans who expect success to follow this transfer window where your owners have gone “All In”  

Enjoy fellers.

Jesus xD

Edited by Burning Gold