talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I thought Gomez was terrible at full back last season. Been great since moving to centre back though

I always thought we signed him for CB it was just there were more first team opportunities out wide. 

I wanted to see him get regular time at CB for ages and now that he has he's basically nailed down a first team place. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

I always thought we signed him for CB it was just there were more first team opportunities out wide. 

I wanted to see him get regular time at CB for ages and now that he has he's basically nailed down a first team place. 

That’s basically right. We signed him from Charlton and had him play with our kids as a CB. Very highly rated, but the first team opportunities that were available to him were mostly at RB.

I was not expecting him to end up ahead of Matip and Klavan in the summer. But preseason happened and Klavan’s been replaced... by Matip because he’s jumped ahead of them.

Very impressed with him this season and I hope he can keep this form up.

Yeah, I echo everything said. Gomez next to VanDijk has been a fantastic partnership thus far. All he needed was a leader next to him, not he's showing his quality. No way should Lovren or Matip be getting in the team over him right now.

I liked Fabinho against Chelsea. Improved as the matched went on. Looked way off the pace, but in the second half he played few short, simple, forward passes to the forwards through the cluster of Chelsea players. I believe that when he finally settles then we might have a midfielder who can control games. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

How else is he going to milk this incident?

Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino admits he was scared of going blind in one eye after suffering an injury against Tottenham last month.

The Brazil striker was taken to hospital for assessment but was later discharged after he was forced off in Liverpool's 2-1 win at Spurs in September.

And ahead of Liverpool's huge Super Sunday clash with Manchester City, the 27-year-old opened up on his initial fears, saying he was afraid there would be permanent damage.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mane needs an operation on his hand because he somehow sustained a hand injury on international duty.

International breaks, eh? Good for nothing except injuring our players.

If you're Daniel Sturridge then the door just opened for a chance to show the manager what you can do. Its a shame really because out of our front three I thought Mane was the most sharpest.

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

If you're Daniel Sturridge then the door just opened for a chance to show the manager what you can do. Its a shame really because out of our front three I thought Mane was the most sharpest.

It will give all attacking players a chance to step up. Including shaqiri.

59 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So Mane, Salah and VVD all got sent back to Liverpool injured after international duty. 

Fantastic. 

Klopp says VVD & Salah should be okay in the short term, Mane needs surgery though so he’s probably out a few weeks. Apparently Milner had a speedy recovery though, so that’s one injury before the international bullshit that’s been resolved. I hate the midseason internationals though, this always happens to us. And international sides don’t give a fuck about the players long term, so it’s irritating.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp says VVD & Salah should be okay in the short term, Mane needs surgery though so he’s probably out a few weeks. Apparently Milner had a speedy recovery though, so that’s one injury before the international bullshit that’s been resolved. I hate the midseason internationals though, this always happens to us. And international sides don’t give a fuck about the players long term, so it’s irritating.

I think Southgate does to be fair.  International football is apart of football. Fair enough you don't like it but it is part of football. I have wondered if there should be an international season all in one go but I don't think it would work as players would never gel.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think Southgate does to be fair.  International football is apart of football. Fair enough you don't like it but it is part of football. I have wondered if there should be an international season all in one go but I don't think it would work as players would never gel.

I wish there was less international football. We just had the World Cup and I think this new tournament is shite. I don’t think Southgate cares long term either, he’s known we’ve got Lallana on a special training regime because of his injury concerns, yet anytime Lallana is called up he does the standard England training shite - then he’s injured. I’m sure he cares for Kane and Sterling, players we can’t really replace long term because the gulf in quality is too high. But for squad players he doesn’t give a shit if he runs them into the ground and stalls their careers, judging by Lallana.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wish there was less international football. We just had the World Cup and I think this new tournament is shite. I don’t think Southgate cares long term either, he’s known we’ve got Lallana on a special training regime because of his injury concerns, yet anytime Lallana is called up he does the standard England training shite - then he’s injured. I’m sure he cares for Kane and Sterling, players we can’t really replace long term because the gulf in quality is too high. But for squad players he doesn’t give a shit if he runs them into the ground and stalls their careers, judging by Lallana.

I think he does care as he is always saying he wants  more playing time for English players. Personally I'm  a big fan of international football. I'd rather see the nations league done a different way though. With say 8 teams in each league with just one group and whoever finishes top win.