talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some of our reliables are saying he's been put up for sale and Crystal Palace are about to sign him.

Haven't seen that anywhere, but I don't think he will. He's one of our many injury prone players, but we've also got a problem at CB where I don't think we should rely on Gomez as cover for TAA because he's also going to be cover for Matip. And Matip is basically the CB version of Sturridge.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some of our reliables are saying he's been put up for sale and Crystal Palace are about to sign him.

I haven't seen that anywhere either, but there is a conspiracy theory doing the rounds on social media. Fabinho's only ever worn number 2 in his senior career, and he still hasn't been given a number for Liverpool, so apparently we're waiting to sell Clyne before we give him the 2 shirt. Sounds silly to me, but there's got to be a reason we haven't given him a number yet.

I'm with @Dr. Gonzo, though. I'm not comfortable going into the season with Gomez being our backup rightback and our 4th choice centre back behind two injury prone players in Lovren and Matip.

• Upvote 1

Shaqiri played well, it's the most running I've ever seen from him. Looks to have taken on the right attitude straight away and in his celebration seemed well intergrated with the rest of the lads. 

Somebody who continues to do well is Sturridge. I'm absolutely happy for him to stay and try and fight for a place. He's worked hard in pre season and it's the sharpest I've seen him in the last 3 year's.

Van Dijk just looks a beast everywhere on the pitch, really wish he was captain.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Shaqiri played well, it's the most running I've ever seen from him. Looks to have taken on the right attitude straight away and in his celebration seemed well intergrated with the rest of the lads. 

Somebody who continues to do well is Sturridge. I'm absolutely happy for him to stay and try and fight for a place. He's worked hard in pre season and it's the sharpest I've seen him in the last 3 year's.

Van Dijk just looks a beast everywhere on the pitch, really wish he was captain.

Curtis Jones' reaction to Shaqiri's goal was brilliant

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

You lot see the little dig Klopp had at Mourinho when Clyne had a baby? xD

I wouldn't call this a dig...

"We have exchanged messages and I've seen a picture," said Klopp. "A little Clyney!

The baby will keep him busy for a few days and then he will start training again, all good.

"There are more important things in life than football and babies are definitely one of them.

300x250 - X1032355 – Moma – 06-2018

300x250 - X1032355 – Moma – 06-2018

Just shows you the difference though. Klopp is like "clyne had a baby, we were happy for him to go. There's more important things than football" then go to sour chops..."martial had a baby, but he should be back here with us not and he's not" 

Mourinho is gone by February.

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Rick said:

Just shows you the difference though. Klopp is like "clyne had a baby, we were happy for him to go. There's more important things than football" then go to sour chops..."martial had a baby, but he should be back here with us not and he's not" 

Mourinho is gone by February.

Did he really say that Martial had a baby but he should be with the team? I saw a press conference where he talked about his daughter's graduation and how he had to miss it because of work. He's also come out and slammed the time they've had to spend in pre-season as well so I am guessing hes not happy with something (shocker). This is his third year so the wheels will start to come off slowly but surely. Wonder who he'll use as a target this time.

24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Did he really say that Martial had a baby but he should be with the team? I saw a press conference where he talked about his daughter's graduation and how he had to miss it because of work. He's also come out and slammed the time they've had to spend in pre-season as well so I am guessing hes not happy with something (shocker). This is his third year so the wheels will start to come off slowly but surely. Wonder who he'll use as a target this time.

He said of close he goes to the birth but that was last week and he should be back by now... 

Klopp might not be so positive if the birth was last week...

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Rafa was upset with Xabi for a similar reason. 

Rafa was/is a bit of a football mentalist though - his dad died when we were in that stupid glorified friendly tournament for winning the CL, and he stayed to manage a pointless match rather than go to his dad's funeral. A bit weird, if you ask me... but that's how serious he takes his football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/08/loris-karius-could-be-offered-route-back-to-bundesliga-as-liverpool-consider-sale/

Rumor flying around that Karius might leave which I don't think will happen but who knows. 

The Telegraph suggests we're looking to sell BOTH Karius and Mignolet - which seems a bit weird, I imagine we'd keep one for emergencies. Especially after selling Ward. But it's not one of the journalists that is generally accurate regarding Liverpool, so it could be totally bullshit.