talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it. Right manager, right players, and right investment. Would be nice to see you stop City winning back to back titles. 

However you lot would be unbearable. 

I think we would become a bit unbearable but knowing us (and I say this lightly) we won't make it to the end of the season without a few heart-attacks.

• Subscriber

Mohamed Salah invites blind Liverpool fan to Melwood after watching viral video

By Alex Bysouth

BBC Sport

1 hour ago | Liverpool

Last week, Mike Kearney was hugging his cousin in the stands at Anfield after Mohamed Salah fired Liverpool into the Champions League knockout stages.

Seven days later he was embracing the goalscorer himself.

Salah invited Kearney to Liverpool's Melwood training ground after a video of the lifelong Reds fans went viral.

It shows Kearney's cousin, Stephen Garcia, talking him through Salah's vital goal against Napoli.

Egypt forward Salah saw the footage of the 26-year-old, who was born with sight problems and has been registered blind since he was seven years old, and asked if it would be possible to meet him.

As well getting to explore the facilities and being handed a signed shirt by Salah, Kearney chatted to manager Jurgen Klopp, goalkeeper Alisson, and striker Divock Origi.

"They were such a nice bunch of lads and everyone was really welcoming," Kearney told BBC Sport.

"I said to Alisson 'if it wasn't for your save, the video wouldn't have gone viral as we wouldn't have gone through!' and he was laughing."

Kearney is a regular at Anfield but says it was a surreal experience to go behind the scenes and watch Liverpool's players in action at Melwood.

"At Anfield, it's part of the world you know well, but behind the curtain, it is like 'wow'," he added.

"Imagine if we win the league this season and I've been in there with all those players!

"It's just how big the operation is, how big the pitches are and how much goes into it - I'll always be grateful to Mo and the club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46650836

• Subscriber

We have to be top post March and then we can start to dream. The rest of the pack is a bit too close at the moment to really call anything. When the CL starts again then the task of maintaining fitness and squad rotation comes into play. I am just glad Gomez comes back at that time and affords us the ability to focus on multiple fronts without sacrificing defensive fitness in the process.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Bloody hope we can actually keep pace with you and make it a proper title race between us. Would be perfect for English football if that were the case. Can’t see it though you look incredibly strong this year

I'm obviously hoping you don't and you and City fall off the pace early and we get a bit of a cushion built... because that'd be obviously ideal. But I think you will keep pace with us this year... and so will City. Having seen us piss away golden seasons before, I'm not going to believe we can win it until we win it (if we ever do while I'm alive).

City's blip I think is only a major concern because of the own high standards they set for themselves last year. They're still incredibly strong. Your attack is terrifying and you're solid at the back - and I think one of our biggest accomplishments this season was taking 3 points off you, because even with no new additions Spurs look a bit better than last year as well.

As Klopp always tells the press though, we're in a good moment... and for as long as it lasts I'm going to enjoy it. We're playing really impressive stuff right now and we've still got half a season to go, but this might be the best Liverpool side I've ever seen in my entire life.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

, but this might be the best Liverpool side I've ever seen in my entire life.

Was impressed by your 2009 side more to be honest, but overall you lot are now a more 'complete'. Strengthened your weaknesses and got rid of bottlers like Gerrard so you lot really are the favorites in my opinion. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Was impressed by your 2009 side more to be honest, but overall you lot are now a more 'complete'. Strengthened your weaknesses and got rid of bottlers like Gerrard so you lot really are the favorites in my opinion. 

Stevie's the reason we won a CL. Also the FA cup final the year after was a bit special. I don't think Gerrard's a bottler at all - if anything he carried a lot of Liverpool sides to more than they probably should have achieved on paper.

That 2009 side was good, shockingly good midfield especially. But I don't think it compares to the current side - better attack nowadays, better defense, shitloads of depth. The current side is so good. It's a shame Stevie had a free kick goal disallowed for reasons I'll never understand in 2009 against Stoke. I don't think I'll ever forget that bullshit refereeing for as long as I live (assuming I don't get Alzheimer's or dementia or something). Might have made that season end entirely differently.

I thought the last year side was comparable to the 2009 side (although obviously we did worse in the league) because despite the defensive frailty in the first half of the season, the firepower up top was just too much for almost everyone we came up against. Maybe it had more flaws than the 2009 side. The current side though is a hell of a lot more complete though.

Moreno has came out whining about not being treated right by Klopp and not getting the chance to play. He must have a very warped view on his impact for the team when he has played. He's nothing short of a fucking liability and is so far behind Robertson it's not even funny. Hopefully he doesn't play for us again and finally fucks off in the summer. Absolutely bollocks. 

Moreno is absolute dogshite, surely he must know that. In the Europa League final he was basically playing for Sevilla with how dogshit he was. Probably wanted to win a medal for his hometown club.

He’s not even our 4th best left back and he’s one of our 2 senior left backs.