talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Manchester United rose to the top at a time when English football was at the worst it has ever been. Showing my age a bit but mid 90s English football was the absolute pits in terms of quality (a whole lot of other things were better about it though). Liverpool are not going to dominate at all.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Manchester United rose to the top at a time when English football was at the worst it has ever been. Showing my age a bit but mid 90s English football was the absolute pits in terms of quality (a whole lot of other things were better about it though). Liverpool are not going to dominate at all.

No chance at all. Too many oil clubs and money in general for anyone to really dominate. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Sky reporting Wijnaldum held positive talks with Klopp and he wants to sign a new contract. None of the reliable journos reporting this yet though I don't think. Would be good if true though

Hopefully true. Would hate to lose Gini. 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sky reporting Wijnaldum held positive talks with Klopp and he wants to sign a new contract. None of the reliable journos reporting this yet though I don't think. Would be good if true though

Remember when the majority of our fans were totally underwhelmed when he signed? (I probably was one of them, cant remember).

What a signing he has been. I'll be delighted if he stays, even if it means us not signing Thiago. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Remember when the majority of our fans were totally underwhelmed when he signed? (I probably was one of them, cant remember).

What a signing he has been. I'll be delighted if he stays, even if it means us not signing Thiago. 

Melissa Reddy says the priority is: keep Gini, sell “excess midfielders” (I think this might be Grujic/Harry Wilson), sign Thiago.

I think she’s Klopp’s media voice until proven otherwise, so I think if Gini stays, this is encouraging.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Melissa Reddy says the priority is: keep Gini, sell “excess midfielders” (I think this might be Grujic/Harry Wilson), sign Thiago.

I think she’s Klopp’s media voice until proven otherwise, so I think if Gini stays, this is encouraging.

She's a bit tasty too

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I can't remember to be honest. I think at the time it was maybe quite a large fee for a player from a relegated side

Marcelo Pitaluga to Liverpool is a done deal. Liverpool will pay Fluminense 1 million euros and could pay an additional 1 million euros in bonus. 

Marcelo is a 17-year old brazilian goalkeeper. He's a big goalkeeper, 1,91m tall, and is said to be really good. Marcelo is a starter for Brazil's U-17 team.

Fluminense is so broke, this is peanuts for a player of his potential.

Alisson's brother, Muriel, plays for Fluminense and Alisson trained with Marcelo last year, so it's not much of a surprise that Alisson played a big role in that transfer in convicing the kid to move to England.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Marcelo Pitaluga to Liverpool is a done deal. Liverpool will pay Fluminense 1 million euros and could pay an additional 1 million euros in bonus. 

Marcelo is a 17-year old brazilian goalkeeper. He's a big goalkeeper, 1,91m tall, and is said to be really good. Marcelo is a starter for Brazil's U-17 team.

Fluminense is so broke, this is peanuts for a player of his potential.

Alisson's brother, Muriel, plays for Fluminense and Alisson trained with Marcelo last year, so it's not much of a surprise that Alisson played a big role in that transfer in convicing the kid to move to England.

This might shut the wet wipes up who are crying out for new signings :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Honestly I think that match made it pretty clear we can’t rest on our laurels just because we were miles better than everyone else last year.

The defenders need a squad player to challenge them at CB. Firmino’s a brilliant player and one of my favourite players, but his decision making in the final third has been questionable lately. He looks rusty and it makes me wonder if Minamino could fill in with him.

Klopp probably won’t do this, but I’d be tempted to drop Joemez and Bobby for Villa.

• Upvote 1

I think most of us expected the Pool guys to marmalise the Loiners - Lucas must be a really happy guy at the moment - losing to such a great all round team by one goal in 7 must give him hope that the next few months will have more than a few happy moments and his new guys look to have already settled in well! As a first game performance I would not bet on Kloppy's gang to do anything other than retain the title.

Edited by SchalkeUK

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I think that match made it pretty clear we can’t rest on our laurels just because we were miles better than everyone else last year.

The defenders need a squad player to challenge them at CB. Firmino’s a brilliant player and one of my favourite players, but his decision making in the final third has been questionable lately. He looks rusty and it makes me wonder if Minamino could fill in with him.

Klopp probably won’t do this, but I’d be tempted to drop Joemez and Bobby for Villa.

Our first 11 is amazing, but is there anybody on the bench that is really pushing for a starting place? Minamino, Matip, Jones. They aren’t really pushing THAT hard though. As much as I like Minamino, he isn’t going to unsurp any of the front three for an extended period of  time. Same goes for Jones and Matip. 

I look at the City squad, I look at the Chelsea squad and I just can’t help but think that we need more. We were miles better than everybody last season, yes. But everybody has strengthened and they won’t be lagging behind as much. Neither do I think we are gonna post another season in the high 90’s. 

Edited by Rick

When Matip is fit there's definitely a debate to be had between him and Gomez I think. Both good players and most would go for Gomez over Matip but let's not forget how good Matip was in the 18/19 run in and he started last season ahead of Gomez.

Edited by LFCMike

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

When Matip is fit there's definitely a debate to be had between him and Gomez I think. Both good players and most would go for Gomez over Matip but let's not forget how good Matip was in the 18/19 run in and he started last season ahead of Gomez.

“When Matip is fit” is the important part of that. He can’t be relied upon in that sense. 

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

“When Matip is fit” is the important part of that. He can’t be relied upon in that sense. 

Absolutely.

You really need to stop comparing Liverpool to Man City though. Run completely differently off the pitch and the managers are very different in how they manage their squads too. 

What happened to waiting to see what happens between now and the end of the window anyway?xD

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

😂 Conceding three goals and generally looking bloody atrocious defensively against a newly promoted team.

We've had the odd game like that in the last two seasons though against teams you might not expect it. The important thing is getting the win

9 hours ago, Rick said:

Our first 11 is amazing, but is there anybody on the bench that is really pushing for a starting place? Minamino, Matip, Jones. They aren’t really pushing THAT hard though. As much as I like Minamino, he isn’t going to unsurp any of the front three for an extended period of  time. Same goes for Jones and Matip. 

I look at the City squad, I look at the Chelsea squad and I just can’t help but think that we need more. We were miles better than everybody last season, yes. But everybody has strengthened and they won’t be lagging behind as much. Neither do I think we are gonna post another season in the high 90’s. 

Fabinho was on the bench also. 

Jones is highly rated by Klopp and has been excellent whenever called upon. Minamino has probably been our best player pre-season. What is it you actually want? Brewster is one of the most exciting youngsters we've had since Trent. Were you moaning when Owen, Gerrard, Carragher came through the ranks and were given a squad place? You are like a child who hasn't been given his sweets. 

This is getting really tiresome. 

Fuck sake, every post from you lately is a moan about the state of a squad that has just got to 2 champions league finals, won 1, and won the league.

We have won the CL, won the league, extended all our major players contracts, expanded the stadium, merged our training facilities.... and yet all you do is moan? Fucking wierd!

Put a sock in it for fucks sake.

Edited by LFCMadLad

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fabinho was on the bench also. 

Jones is highly rated by Klopp and has been excellent whenever called upon. Minamino has probably been our best player pre-season. What is it you actually want? Brewster is one of the most exciting youngsters we've had since Trent.

This is getting really tiresome. 

Fuck sake, every post from you lately is a moan about the state of a squad that has just got to 2 champions league finals, won 1, and won the league.

Put a sock in it for fucks sake.

And if we don’t strengthen you think we are going to win those both again? If you take all that Klopp says at face value then you’re a muppet. Of course he would like to strengthen his bloody squad.

A net spend of 23m in the last 4 seasons. Yes, it worked and the squad won everything we wanted. But do you just expect them to continue to perform at crazy levels like that? Does burnout not exist in your little bubble. My concerns aren’t about what these players have done, it’s for the fucking short to long term future of the team. Christ almighty, the way you bang on it’s like you’re just grateful to be a part of the conversation. Fuck that, this club has the global pull and the resources to maintain this success.

Jones, great prospect, showed some brilliance. Again, unproven. Minamino, still adjusting, looked good in pre season. Brewster, young and Klopp doesn’t seem to fancy him. Answer me this, if Mane or Salah have a bad run of form, do you REALLY think they are worried about being replaced in the first 11 by Jones, Minamino or Origi? Are they fuck. Same goes for The defence. Yeah, we have back ups in each position, but no body truly pushing any of these first 11.

You can sit in your little bubble all you like, with your red tinted glasses firmly on your face. I, however, will absolutely discuss and question decisions that I don’t think are smart or beneficial for the club. 

But don’t come at me like that. Cause you were the big baby who was spitting his fat dummy out earlier this year. Whining about Covid and the re start and saying you would rather us be stripped of the title. As far as I’m concerned, your opinion on anything Liverpool related means fuck all after coming out with that nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

And if we don’t strengthen you think we are going to win those both again? If you take all that Klopp says at face value then you’re a muppet. Of course he would like to strengthen his bloody squad.

A net spend of 23m in the last 4 seasons. Yes, it worked and the squad won everything we wanted. But do you just expect them to continue to perform at crazy levels like that? Does burnout not exist in your little bubble. My concerns aren’t about what these players have done, it’s for the fucking short to long term future of the team. Christ almighty, the way you bang on it’s like you’re just grateful to be a part of the conversation. Fuck that, this club has the global pull and the resources to maintain this success.

Jones, great prospect, showed some brilliance. Again, unproven. Minamino, still adjusting, looked good in pre season. Brewster, young and Klopp doesn’t seem to fancy him. Answer me this, if Mane or Salah have a bad run of form, do you REALLY think they are worried about being replaced in the first 11 by Jones, Minamino or Origi? Are they fuck. Same goes for The defence. Yeah, we have back ups in each position, but no body truly pushing any of these first 11.

You can sit in your little bubble all you like, with your red tinted glasses firmly on your face. I, however, will absolutely discuss and question decisions that I don’t think are smart or beneficial for the club. 

But don’t come at me like that. Cause you were the big baby who was spitting his fat dummy out earlier this year. Whining about Covid and the re start and saying you would rather us be stripped of the title. As far as I’m concerned, your opinion on anything Liverpool related means fuck all after coming out with that nonsense. 

Hahaha you have no affiliation with Liverpool whatsoever so fuck off xD

What do you want, for the youngsters coming through to be pushed to one side in place of a shiny new toy to please you?. You know absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Klopp and the team of staff he has assembled know slightly more than you im sure. 

I'm not sat in no bubble mate, you are! I can see things for how they are. You can question any decision you disagree with all you want kid, ill trust the people who have got us to where we are.

You really should be a Chelsea supporter to be honest. I want this, i want that,  i want this, i want that.

Grow up ffs

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hahaha you have no affiliation with Liverpool whatsoever so fuck off xD

What do you want, for the youngsters coming through to be pushed to one side in place of a shiny new toy to please you?. You know absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Klopp and the team of staff he has assembled know slightly more than you im sure. 

I'm not sat in no bubble mate, you are! I can see things for how they are. You can question any decision you disagree with all you want kid, ill trust the people who have got us to where we are.

You really should be a Chelsea supporter to be honest. I want this, i want that,  i want this, i want that.

Grow up ffs

Aye okay, Curtis Jones has the extra pressure of having to replace under performing players. Let’s throw him him. 

Origi is going to be our back up striker/ attacker this season. You happy with that? He’s scored big goals, but he needs to be here on merit, not for sentimental reasons. He has not done enough since he joined to justify being a first choice back up. 

What about injuries to the front three, or at the back? You think we have more than enough if Salah or Mane we’re to be injured for a couple of months? I certainly don’t think we do. Especially at the back. God forbid if Van Dijk is out....we would be shafted having to rely on a seriously injury prone Matip to come in. 

Oh here we go. Was waiting for you to mention Chelsea 😂 me wanting squad depth is equal to them spending over 200m On first 11 players. Have a day off.  If this club doesn’t want to take out loans or finance moves based on future income, that’s their decision. But don’t expect us to maintain this success by standing still. Burnout is real, and I fear these players are on the edge of it. 

Edited by Rick