talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Forget the centre backs, is Jota making a genuine claim to keeping Firmino out?

I mean if he carries on in this vain, how much longer can Liverpool justify choosing the 'indispensible' Firmino over him?

I get it's not about goals with Firmino but he's still a striker, and Jota is banging them in. Got to be some pressure on him surely?

I think he is very much knocking on the door. More than a replacement though, I think he gives us genuine rotation options with all 3 up top, something we havent had in a long time.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Forget the centre backs, is Jota making a genuine claim to keeping Firmino out?

I mean if he carries on in this vain, how much longer can Liverpool justify choosing the 'indispensible' Firmino over him?

I get it's not about goals with Firmino but he's still a striker, and Jota is banging them in. Got to be some pressure on him surely?

It’s hard to keep Jota out of the side if he’s scoring. Especially after he looked really good with Mane and Salah.

Klopp loves Firmino. And so do I. So he’s got tough choices to make. But it’s nice being able to call on either Jota/Firmino as a substitute, so pretty cool situation to be in.

I’d guess Bobby starts against City though, probably was rested just for that.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Jota has to start against City. He's on fire and his form is good I'd capitalize on that and bring Bobby on in the second half or start him and Bobby together with either Salah or Mane coming on later. I like Jota in the role he played yesterday but I think he can do just as good a job down the left hand side with Robbo working besides him to push past defenses. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just watched the game against City back again and I have to say that its a real shame Matip has the constant niggling injuries that keep him out of the team because he really is a top class CB. 

Great game again against City.

At least for an injury prone guy, he’s got one important quality - he typically slots back in like he’s missed no time.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

At least for an injury prone guy, he’s got one important quality - he typically slots back in like he’s missed no time.

Generally but he does go through those weird patches where hes clueless. Still, its better to have him back than not at this stage and with Trent undergoing a test today its going to be interesting what new problems that brings to the table.

19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Generally but he does go through those weird patches where hes clueless. Still, its better to have him back than not at this stage and with Trent undergoing a test today its going to be interesting what new problems that brings to the table.

Neco or Milner will just stand in for the 1 or 2 games Trent might miss id imagine?

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Neco or Milner will just stand in for the 1 or 2 games Trent might miss id imagine?

Is it confirmed hes out for that long? I know Klopp said he wont be making the international games for England but I am hoping he recovers for the next set of club games.

33 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Is it confirmed hes out for that long? I know Klopp said he wont be making the international games for England but I am hoping he recovers for the next set of club games.

Sorry, I'm a little confused (and tired haha)?

You were wondering what problems Trent being injured would cause so I gave the probable solution. Then you sound astonished he might miss games? xD

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sorry, I'm a little confused (and tired haha)?

You were wondering what problems Trent being injured would cause so I gave the probable solution. Then you sound astonished he might miss games? xD

Oh I'm not worried what the solution will come to considering we have players who can fill that position (not as good as Trent of course) what I am thinking is when he will come back because no one knows yet how long that will be. 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That goes along with what that "sports medicine" guy on twitter predicted when Trent first went down injured. I'd never seen him before up until that point, would be interesting to see how accurate he at "predicting" this kind of shite based off the clips of injury.

15 minutes ago, Rick said:

Luckily two of those weeks are internationals 

The other two weeks is still six or seven games that he's missing though with the way everything is packed together this season. Ok, he probably wouldn't have played in the final two Champions League games if we beat Atalanta at Anfield but it's still a few League games he misses

Here’s hoping we can beat Atalanta in the next CL game and then we won’t have to worry about the other two games that much. Leicester and Wolves are the hardest games he is out for, but I trust Milly to do a job for those. Leicester and their counter attacks is an issue though. Hopefully Trent is back to face Spurs. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Here’s hoping we can beat Atalanta in the next CL game and then we won’t have to worry about the other two games that much. Leicester and Wolves are the hardest games he is out for, but I trust Milly to do a job for those. Leicester and their counter attacks is an issue though. Hopefully Trent is back to face Spurs. 

Based on what I've seen of Wolves so far, they seem to be a quieter beast compared to last season. Even with a depleted squad, I think you should put them away comfortably. If we can do it with an injury-hit squad I don't see why you can't!

If I was Liverpool I'd ban players playing for England. Might seem draconian but all Liverpool players get is abuse from England fans and the English press they're wasting their time under an idiot like Southgate. They are bigger than England, they should put their foot down. Manchester United should do the same. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

So what could the defence realistically look like for the game on 21st?

Milner - Williams - Matip - Robertson? 

Phillips possibly starts instead of Williams as he's not registered for the CL. Assuming Matip stays fit otherwise they'll both be startingxD