talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

If I were Michael Edwards, I'd be looking to see if there's anyone willing to take Oxlade-Chamberlain off our hands in January and I'd be hoping to bring in someone decent. Obvious issue there is... January prices are usually pretty bad for the buyer and I don't think we're willing to spend big on anyone unless it's someone that Klopp/Edwards really really want.

Sounds like Gini's having a bad time at PSG... maybe we could loan him in short :ph34r:

Strange as well that Naby was a big money purchase at the time and not a cheapish buy in the way Oxlade-Chamberlain was. You’d take injuries in the chin when it’s players who haven’t costed a lot who help you bypass what City/Chelsea/United end up spending 

30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Strange as well that Naby was a big money purchase at the time and not a cheapish buy in the way Oxlade-Chamberlain was. You’d take injuries in the chin when it’s players who haven’t costed a lot who help you bypass what City/Chelsea/United end up spending 

Ox cost 40m+ 

He and Naby have both been massive wastes of money if we are being honest. Ox was good for us for a little bit but then he got injured and has lost all form ever since. Keita has never really got going here, though it’s clear he is talented. If we could offload both and bring in good replacements by the end of next summer then I think we should. 

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

They were both pretty expensive tbh.

I think long term we should be looking at replacing both of them in the squad... but short term if we can get another midfielder in in January, I think we'd probably let one of the two go.

36 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jaysus I thought Ox was fairly inexpensive 

Tbh I think he's done more to justify his transfer fee in his time here than Keita did. For a while the Ox was a pretty fantastic player up until the injury he got when we were playing Roma. He's suffered a number of serious long term injuries though and I don't know if he'll ever really come back to being as important as he was earlier on in his Liverpool career. Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot (when he's back from his own shit injury) I think are better fits for the squad. That's why if it were down to me, I'd probably move him on before Keita if we're looking to bring in a new CM in January.

I doubt we bring anyone in this January though, unless someone high on Klopp & Edwards' radar becomes available.

Keita's had more time in and out of the squad with various injuries of varying degrees of severity. I think we've seen glimpses of how good he can be if he can get a consistent run of games in (and if he can play consistently well)... but he hasn't really played consistently well and he always gets injured before he can get a good run of matches together.

At this point, I think Keita fits the squad better... but I think he's far from reliable. And we do need reliable options in the midfield with the number of injury prone midfielders we have is.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Rick said:

Mane, Henderson & Robbo all picking up injuries during these internationals.

Our luck when players go off with their countries is stupidly shit. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Robertson injured as well.

And Robertson is injured too.