• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 7 - 30th Sept-3rd Oct, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST)

Saturday 30th September, 2023
Aston Villa vs Brighton, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Bournemouth vs Arsenal
Everton vs Luton
Man Utd vs Crystal Palace
Newcastle vs Burnley
West Ham vs Sheff Utd
Wolves vs Man City

Tottenham vs Liverpool, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 1st October, 2023
Nottm Forest vs Brentford, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Monday 2nd October, 2023
Fulham vs Chelsea, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Tuesday 3rd October, 2023
Luton vs Burnley, 20.00 (live on Sky)

16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There are rumours circulating that Edouard is now out with a hamstring injury. Leaving us with three established attacking players. Two of which are Mateta and Ayew.

I've never been so uninspired to watch Crystal Palace in my entire life. 

What will your lineup look like compared to Tuesday night?

Villa did the double over Brighton last season. But, plenty of weaknesses on show from Villa, in the toughest fixtures so far this season. Including reliance on Chelsea's inability to score.

Quite simply, any win against Brighton will likely need to be the best performance of the season so far. But they certainly have it within them do it. And maybe they do just somehow have Brighton's number.

Elsewhere, Everton have a chance to get toward mid table.

And Spurs vs Liverpool certainly seems like the neutrals pick of the weekend.

Brighton have been pretty rubbish this first 20 minutes. Some really poor play at the back, and that midfield of Gilmour and the young lad I’ve not heard of was a risky move. Not paid off this far, and Villa look dangerous every time they go forward. 

Brighton have been wank, but Villa haven’t half punished them well for it. 

Di Zerbi has a lot to do at half time. I’d take one of Webster or Dunk off for the Dutch lad in the bench. Both of them have been very slow. Veltman & Estupinan have both been dodgy as well, but they only have Lamptey on the bench and I don’t think he improves the team defensively. Maybe Dahoud in that midfield as well. 

• Administrator

Is it me or do Brighton do this on the regular? Even under Potter, they'd go on some good form, play good football and score a fair amount. Then throw in an absolute dogturd performance even a League Two team would be disappointed with. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it me or do Brighton do this on the regular? Even under Potter, they'd go on some good form, play good football and score a fair amount. Then throw in an absolute dogturd performance even a League Two team would be disappointed with. 

They do, but not this short a time period between two stinkers. The West Ham game wasn’t that long ago. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

There was the 5.1 against Everton last season. Overall I'm sure their fans will be happy with where they are 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes, not sure if it's a playing style thing or maybe a shop window feeling, given the culture being set out in recent times, but Brighton do seem to struggle most when many are backing them as perhaps the favourites.

But then generally so many sides, on their day, with a good game plan, can beat up most other sides in the league.

Man City heavy favourites for yet another title, but below that, I struggle to think of a more competitive era in recent times. The 'big 6' plus Newcastle might get the 7 European spots if it were decided by media & fan votes, but also then West Ham, Villa & Brighton can not simply be moved lower down by some sort of media & fan vote. 

• The topic was unpinned