FA Cup 2023/24 - 4th Round Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Draw tomorrow before Wigan vs Man Utd. 

1. Luton Town or Bolton Wanderers

2. Wrexham

3. Arsenal or Liverpool

4. Brighton & Hove Albion

5. Norwich City or Bristol Rovers (replay)

6. West Ham United or Bristol City

7. Tottenham Hotspur

8. Fulham

9. West Bromwich Albion

10. Southampton

11. Ipswich Town

12. Leeds United

13. Leicester City

14. Watford

15. Newcastle United

16. Sheffield Wednesday

17. Crystal Palace or Everton (replay)

18. Aston Villa

19. Nottingham Forest or Blackpool

20. Wigan Athletic or Manchester United

21. Manchester City

22. Blackburn Rovers

23. Sheffield United

24. Swansea City

25. Chelsea

26. AFC Bournemouth

27. Coventry City

28. Brentford or Wolverhampton Wanderers (replay)

29. Plymouth Argyle

30. Maidstone United

31. Newport County or Eastleigh (replay)

32. Hull City or Birmingham City (replay)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Don't want anything too testing. Another opportunity to rotate would be handy. 

Any of 30/31/32 at home would be best. 

• Subscriber

Only four new grounds in that for me and two of them are still not yet even through. It'd be nice to get Maidstone away but the thought of being the victim of a famous scalp would worry me slightly.

Wrexham away for me. Never been there and very winnable. I'm very much in the camp of going for it. We're 1/66 to get promoted with the bookies. We would have to produce a once in a generation level of drop off to blow it and I think it would be good for us to get tested by a Premier League team in a competitive game later down the line - to gauge where we're 'really' at.

It probably won't happen but if you got say a Sheffield derby, Leeds v Man U, Liverpool v City, Spurs v Chelsea, maybe a potential Bristol or Birmingham derby, and Maidstone getting a home tie against say Newcastle, that would be a hell of an amazing round.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It probably won't happen but if you got say a Sheffield derby, Leeds v Man U, Liverpool v City, Spurs v Chelsea, maybe a potential Bristol or Birmingham derby, and Maidstone getting a home tie against say Newcastle, that would be a hell of an amazing round.

Man City getting Maidstone at home it is then. 

• Administrator

Watford vs Southampton 

Blackburn vs Wrexham

Bournemouth vs Swansea 

West Brom vs Brentford/Wolves 

West Ham/Bristol City vs Nottm Forest/Blackpool

Leicester vs Hull/Birmingham 

Sheff Weds vs Coventry 

Chelsea vs Aston Villa 

Ipswich vs Maidstone 

Liverpool vs Norwich/Bristol Rovers

Tottenham vs Man City 

Leeds vs Plymouth 

Palace/Everton vs Luton/Bolton

Newport/Eastleigh vs Wigan/Man Utd 

Sheff Utd vs Brighton 

Fulham vs Newcastle 

• Administrator

Easy draw for Liverpool. 

Man City don't have the best record vs Spurs but then Spurs are missing Son, and de Bruyne and Haaland might be back for Man City. 

Happy with our draw. A bit of a test but hopefully should go through. 

Not many attractive ties for TV. Expecting the Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd (if they advance) and Newcastle games to be on TV. 

• Subscriber

Our draw is the most TV avoid draw I think we've ever had. But I'm not unhappy with it. We were due a home tie (12 of our last 15 have been away) and we'll be favourites. I want a run.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Surely ManUtd away to Newport/Eastleigh will be moved?  Eastleigh only holds 5500 and Newport isn't much bigger.

Moved where? 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Moved where? 

I can't recall any recent examples where a lower league side has moved a game from their normal home ground to another bigger ground in the local area. It has happened before though.

Pretty sure the FA banned clubs switching the tie to the oppositions home ground years ago though.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can't recall any recent examples where a lower league side has moved a game from their normal home ground to another bigger ground in the local area. It has happened before though.

Pretty sure the FA banned clubs switching the tie to the oppositions home ground years ago though.

Yeah same, no recent recollection. I think it doesn't really matter these days. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Moved where? 

Eastleigh is only a few miles from St.Mary's    Newport isn't far from Cardiff.   

They used to move ties to bigger grounds, in the old days Eastleigh or Newport would have agreed to have the game played at Old Trafford.  It would  have been the biggest payday in their history. I do believed they stopped all that and West Ham played away to Kidderminister 30 years ago ,so this might not get moved to St. Mary's if Eastleigh wins the replay.  Southampton is away to Watford the next round so it's available and it would be a massive payday for Eastleigh. I suspect if Newport wins the replay they will play on their ground, they could put up temporary bleachers and get the capacity up to 10- 12,000 if that can be done safely. 

I forgot about Spurs playing Marine 3 years ago, Rossett Park only holds about 3200.  I watched that game as well, it was quite the event.

Edited by Redcanuck

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Eastleigh is only a few miles from St.Mary's    Newport isn't far from Cardiff.   

They used to move ties to bigger grounds, in the old days Eastleigh or Newport would have agreed to have the game played at Old Trafford.  It would  have been the biggest payday in their history. I do believed they stopped all that and West Ham played away to Kidderminister 30 years ago ,so this might not get moved to St. Mary's if Eastleigh wins the replay.  Southampton is away to Watford the next round so it's available and it would be a massive payday for Eastleigh. I suspect if Newport wins the replay they will play on their ground, they could put up temporary bleachers and get the capacity up to 10- 12,000 if that can be done safely. 

I forgot about Spurs playing Marine 3 years ago, Rossett Park only holds about 3200.  I watched that game as well, it was quite the event.

I think these days they'll let games be played at the normal designated grounds instead of moving it. 

While it was only Stevenage they played, Maidstone played at home at the weekend and capacity is only 4200. 

Had a look at previous seasons - first one that came to mind was Marine vs Tottenham in 2021. Hosted in their own ground and capacity is less than 2,000. Boreham Wood hosted Millwall at their ground, capacity 4,500. Chorley hosted Derby in their 4,200 capacity stadium. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Marine v Spurs was during the Covid season

There were fans there though, right? As in they didn't move it to another stadium and kept it at Marine's own home ground. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

There were fans there though, right? As in they didn't move it to another stadium and kept it at Marine's own home ground. 

In hindsight, you wonder what Marine think now about playing the game at their ground?  If the game was played at either Liverpool or Everton's ground their club treasury likely would have been a lot healthier.   The club itself might have done better on the pitch with more money to spend.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't think so, it would have been January 2021 I think wouldn't it? Went into full lockdown again just before Christmas if I recall correctly. Before that you had the tiered bollocks where there was only a few thousand at PL games in areas that were allowed

• The topic was unpinned