talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 Prediction League

football forums

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Good work but can I make a suggestion? I feel like pole battles are now close with nothing really Max from a couple of near challengers. I also feel that if a driver or even 2 qualify infront of Max, they will likely win the race.

Maybe for a couple of races or just see how Monaco is. Include Max in the choice for pole and the podium? I think they'll be close at Monaco for qualy and race.

I get what you're saying but I think even if Max's probability of getting pole position dropped down to about 50%, people would still just go for him every time because you don't know who is going to get it if he doesn't. 2nd place has been Leclerc, Perez, Sainz and Piastri at different races this season with Norris a good bet as well. Even if we got to the point where it was 50% Max, and 10% Perez, 10% Leclerc, 10% Norris, etc., people would still pick Max most of the time because the lack of a reliable alternative makes it not worth the risk.

If we either get to the point where Max is only getting pole and or winning less than half of the time, or it becomes a decent 60/40 split between him and another driver, then I'll go back to having normal predictions (and that is what I want to do), but I don't think we're quite there yet. Fingers crossed though.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Has James Vowles read my application to switch teams yet?

Ha ha lol. For some stupid reason I start like this every season but always go on a massive run after summer break. Same last year, but I was in the title fight come the final race. 

• Subscriber

Predictions - Monaco Grand Prix

Deadline is start of Qualifying on Saturday.

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3 AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

[INSERT DRIVER]

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. [INSERT DRIVER]

2. [INSERT DRIVER]

3. [INSERT DRIVER]

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Daniel Ricciardo.

[INSERT POSITION]

Bonus Question - Keeping it simple this weekend. How many times will the (full, not virtual) safety car appear during Sunday's Grand Prix?

[INSERT DRIVER]

• Subscriber

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3 AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

Leclerc

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. Leclerc

2. Norris

3. Piastri

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Daniel Ricciardo.

P11

Bonus Question - Keeping it simple this weekend. How many times will the (full, not virtual) safety car appear during Sunday's Grand Prix?

• Subscriber

NOR

1. NOR

2. LEC

3. ALO

DNF

• Administrator

SAINZ

1. LECLERC

2. SAINZ

3. NORRIS

16th

Twice

Leclerc

1. Norris

2. Leclerc

3.Sainz

13th

• Subscriber

Leclerc

1. Leclerc

2. Norris

3. Hamilton

12th

Charles Leclerc

Charles Leclerc

Lando Norris

Oscar Piastri

11th

Twice

On 21/05/2024 at 18:08, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Monaco Grand Prix

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Charles

1. Charles

2. Lewis

3. Norris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Results - Monaco Grand Prix

Apologies for only just getting around to this.

Screenshot2024-06-03at10_24_58.thumb.png.07e513d6bf137d58d8454615d6c7164e.png

0 points this weekend for @Whiskey who didn't make his predictions.

With Max Verstappen largely an irrelevance this weekend, we had a pretty classic format for our predictions this weekend. @RandoEFC, @MUFC, @Tommy, @The Palace Fan, @Coma, @DeadLinesman and @OrangeKhrush all bagged 5 points on Saturday for backing Charles Leclerc to take a 3rd pole position around the streets of Monaco.

Onto Sunday, one of the most uneventful races in recent history saw a top three of Leclerc, Piastri and Sainz. @Stan was the only one who didn't predict a Leclerc pole to bag the 5 points for his race win, while @OrangeKhrush unsuccessfully gambled on Leclerc losing the lead to Norris at some point during the race. @nudge and @OrangeKhrush still picked up 2 points each for having Leclerc in their top three. Nobody nailed Piastri in 2nd place but @Tommy, @The Palace Fan and @Coma picked up 2 points for having him in 3rd place. @DeadLinesman was the only one to hit double figures for the podium picks with Sainz spot on in 3rd place, a prediction matched by @OrangeKhrush. @Stan was the only other person to place Sainz in their top three but in the wrong place while everyone had Norris somewhere in their podium, meaning that nobody could hit a full house. Gambles on Lewis Hamilton or Fernando Alonso didn't pay off for @RandoEFC, @MUFC or @nudge.

There was only one winner on the remaining predictions, @RandoEFC sweeping up 10 points as the only person to predict a 12th placed finish for Daniel Ricciardo, and a day off for the safety car.

Here's how the table is effected:

Screenshot2024-06-03at10_24_40.thumb.png.8c0e0364bd6c16b8539cf807ae2116aa.png

A bumper score of 20 points sees @RandoEFC take the top spot for now, with @OrangeKhrush joining him as the first contenders to hit triple figures this season. @Stan and @nudge lose ground with single figure scores.

McLaren's 35 points this weekend is the highest achieved by any pairing this season and sees them stretch their Constructors' standing lead to 20 points. Bear in mind that I'll be looking to come up with a solution for those people who have seen their team-mates miss a week to give them a chance in the Constructors'. This will probably just be a case of awarding that team 1 point less than the lowest score of the week just to give them something, but whatever I finally decide, the Constructors' standings are subject to that change as I will back-date it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Predictions - Canadian Grand Prix

[INSERT DRIVER]

1. [INSERT DRIVER]

2. [INSERT DRIVER]

3. [INSERT DRIVER]

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Max Verstappen.

[INSERT POSITION]

Bonus Question - At Lance Stroll's home Grand Prix this weekend, which session of qualifying will he be eliminated in? Out in Q1? Out in Q2? Or into Q3?

[INSERT DRIVER]

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Luhklerk

1. Luhklerk

2. Norris

3. Piastri

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Max Verstappen.

P1

Bonus Question - At Lance Stroll's home Grand Prix this weekend, which session of qualifying will he be eliminated in? Out in Q1? Out in Q2? Or into Q3?

out in Q2