talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I thought it was still open. Not sure why it was closed.

@Stan would be better to decide as he's admin.

Maybe it was automatically due to inactivity? But it’s never going to be the most active, was just good to have it pinned to see everyone’s tags. 

I’ve been gaming a lot more recently. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Can this be re opened and pinned? @Stan @Bluebird Hewitt 

Or shall we just create a new topic. 

I thought it was still open. Not sure why it was closed.

@Stan would be better to decide as he's admin.

14 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Maybe it was automatically due to inactivity? But it’s never going to be the most active, was just good to have it pinned to see everyone’s tags. 

I’ve been gaming a lot more recently. 

All threads got archived earlier this year. This was one of them but I've unarchived it now :)

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Naughty Dog needs news IP. Their old ones are getting rather boring at this point.

Yeah, it seems to be a couple of new games mixed with collections and remasters at present. 

I admittedly haven't played Uncharted 4, but my understanding is that it's 100% the final game in the series, so unless they do prequels, I can't see Uncharted coming back.

Last of Us I can see lasting longer, especially with how successful it is at present, though ironically there's more remasters than new games in the series now. xD

Personly, I'd love to see a new IP similar to Crash, though that's more the kid in me wanting that. If they do a new one, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something similar to Uncharted or Last of Us but with something a little different (ie. both are technically adventure games, though Uncharted is more action and Last of Us is more survival horror).

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber

How far did you end up @Dr. Gonzo?

This is what I started doing with all my free time as well. Basically nearly done main the questline but im doing Dogtown now (Phantom Liberty) and finishing off the other side character ones first I think. Honestly easily one of my top couple games, its amazing. Visually maxing my shit out on PC im blown the fuck away everytime i play. The immersion is just next level and the depth of the world and characters. I cant rave enough about it. My only complaint is waiting this long to play it.

• Subscriber

Yeah, it seems to be a couple of new games mixed with collections and remasters at present. 

I admittedly haven't played Uncharted 4, but my understanding is that it's 100% the final game in the series, so unless they do prequels, I can't see Uncharted coming back.

Last of Us I can see lasting longer, especially with how successful it is at present, though ironically there's more remasters than new games in the series now. xD

Personly, I'd love to see a new IP similar to Crash, though that's more the kid in me wanting that. If they do a new one, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something similar to Uncharted or Last of Us but with something a little different (ie. both are technically adventure games, though Uncharted is more action and Last of Us is more survival horror).

Money has a funny way of making things we think are impossible, possible but I hope they've put a lid on it completely.

I think TLoU will last another two games personally but honestly their content is dry at this point and I'd like them to do something different like FromSW does when it takes breaks from doing soul-like games. Having said all that you're probably right in that they'll do something very similar to Uncharted with a new spin. I don't really consider TLoU as Survival Horror its more adventure and a lot of drama/story. 

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

How far did you end up @Dr. Gonzo?

This is what I started doing with all my free time as well. Basically nearly done main the questline but im doing Dogtown now (Phantom Liberty) and finishing off the other side character ones first I think. Honestly easily one of my top couple games, its amazing. Visually maxing my shit out on PC im blown the fuck away everytime i play. The immersion is just next level and the depth of the world and characters. I cant rave enough about it. My only complaint is waiting this long to play it.

Not very far lol, I’ve been playing a lot of Fallout 76 with some friends instead

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Not an expert on gaming but are Naughty Dog only a small company with a tiny budget? Also do they get money from the last of us series on Sky?

They're not as big as the likes of EA and Activision, but I wouldn't say they're small either. They're part of Sony after they bought them out.

As for budgets, a quick look on Wiki (yes, hate me) shows that Last of Us Part Two cost $220m to develop, and is considered one of the most expensive games made.

For the series, I don't know but seeing as it's their IP, I'd have thought they got money for the rights to it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They're not as big as the likes of EA and Activision, but I wouldn't say they're small either. They're part of Sony after they bought them out.

As for budgets, a quick look on Wiki (yes, hate me) shows that Last of Us Part Two cost $220m to develop, and is considered one of the most expensive games made.

For the series, I don't know but seeing as it's their IP, I'd have thought they got money for the rights to it.

Just that all the videos I've seen on Naughty Dog. They all say that ND don't have the capacity to work on more than one game at a time. Maybe by small they meant the number of staff.

22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually picked this up on the last steam sale and played a few hours with a buddy xD

I remember playing it a while back shortly after it launched and I thought "what the fuck is this bullshit?" and considered it the worst Fallout game I'd ever played. Since launch though they've added a lot to it... and in the process made it feel like more of a Fallout game. And now I think it's quite a good Fallout game. It's obviously not a "traditional" Fallout, partially because there's no way to make it a traditional Fallout while keeping it an online game... but it's a pretty good game and I think the improvements they've made have taken it from a total piece of shit into something that's quite enjoyable. Particularly if you need to scratch an itch that only a Fallout game can scratch.

I'll give Cyberpunk another go when I'm less busy. That game was very time consuming and my god... so many fucking cutscenes.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I remember playing it a while back shortly after it launched and I thought "what the fuck is this bullshit?" and considered it the worst Fallout game I'd ever played. Since launch though they've added a lot to it... and in the process made it feel like more of a Fallout game. And now I think it's quite a good Fallout game. It's obviously not a "traditional" Fallout, partially because there's no way to make it a traditional Fallout while keeping it an online game... but it's a pretty good game and I think the improvements they've made have taken it from a total piece of shit into something that's quite enjoyable. Particularly if you need to scratch an itch that only a Fallout game can scratch.

I'll give Cyberpunk another go when I'm less busy. That game was very time consuming and my god... so many fucking cutscenes.

Im a Fallout virgin so this is my first one and I was having a good time, need to play more of it!

This is why the game sat in my library for so long. It is sooo time consuming. The main story if you where to grind out I read was like 25-30 hours but you cant play this game and just grind main story. They invested alot of time in the side quests and even smaller side quests can feel just as polished and rewarding Ive found. I picked up Phantom Liberty to play as well int he middle of this on the winter sale so Ive still got alot more to go before I feel satisfied.

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Just that all the videos I've seen on Naughty Dog. They all say that ND don't have the capacity to work on more than one game at a time. Maybe by small they meant the number of staff.

Most likely.

I've admittedly only got this on Wiki, but Naughty Dog shows as having 400+, while EA shows as something like 12,000, so you can see the comparison straight away.

As you mentioned, that's more than likely why they can only do one game at a time (which, you could argue, is good as it means everyone is focused on that one game, rather than having multiple games being worked on and stretching teams).

• Upvote 1