talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/09/valve-reveals-just-how-many-pc-gamers-plug-in-gamepads-and-which-kinds/?comments=1

While I can certainly say that the 360 wired controller was one of the better PC gaming peripherals I have ever used the new One controllers have been abysmal with a lot of games in terms of configuration especially if the development teams never gave two shits about it. Its not the end of the world really since you can write configuration files for usage. The PS4 controller isn't half bad either considering Sony has a configuration file you can tack onto any game to make it play and map a lot better.

Are there any good alternatives to Free Fire? 

I tried Pubg. Hated it. Was way too easy. I killed 14, 9 and 18 people in my first three rounds, apart from coming first in two of those three rounds. 

Have gone back to Free Fire, which is slightly tougher. But it only has two maps (don't really like death race), which I am eventually going to get tired of. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 05:59, IgnisExcubitor said:

Are there any good alternatives to Free Fire? 

I haven't enjoyed a CoD since Modern Warfare 2... but Black Ops 4 is something I'm getting because all of my friends played the Blackout Beta and they've all said it is the best Battle Royale game they've ever played. Plus you get CoD singleplayer (meh)/multiplayer/zombies).

Biggest negative I see is whether or not you'll be able to even get the extra DLC without buying the special season pass version. Which is stupid and I don't know why Activision would try to do something like that - but also fuck giving Activision more money.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I haven't enjoyed a CoD since Modern Warfare 2... but Black Ops 4 is something I'm getting because all of my friends played the Blackout Beta and they've all said it is the best Battle Royale game they've ever played. Plus you get CoD singleplayer (meh)/multiplayer/zombies).

Biggest negative I see is whether or not you'll be able to even get the extra DLC without buying the special season pass version. Which is stupid and I don't know why Activision would try to do something like that - but also fuck giving Activision more money.

This COD has no single player.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

This COD has no single player.

Wow that's fucking stupid. I can't say I'm surprised because most CODs have shite single player nowadays, and most people only play COD for multiplayer/zombies. But it seems a bit obviously lazy to scrap the campaigns, especially when Black Ops 1 and 2 had good campaigns (Black Ops 3's was shite and I don't know why it's part of the Black Ops series). Looks like Black Ops is just a way to brand it as made by the most popular COD developers.

Stupid friends peer pressuring me into getting a game I didn't really want because they're all going to be playing it. Blackout does look quite good though, I didn't play the beta because of my hand shite though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking about getting a switch. Been playing my friends a lot lately and I like it quite a bit. Boxing day sales are on now. Just wondering if anybody knows of any good deals going on? 

Anything involving mario Odyssey, Zelda, Pokémon or smash Bros would be preferred. Any help appreciated 

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Thinking about getting a switch. Been playing my friends a lot lately and I like it quite a bit. Boxing day sales are on now. Just wondering if anybody knows of any good deals going on? 

Anything involving mario Odyssey, Zelda, Pokémon or smash Bros would be preferred. Any help appreciated 

You missed the boat a bit last month, as there were some very good deals around the Black Friday sales.

The best I could find at present is the following list from Currys (of all places).

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/nintendo-tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/430_3959_31710_1108_xx/xx-criteria.html?ntid=B~m~Nintendo

The console itself tends to go around £260-£280, with the main games you mentioned between £40-£50 each so these seem ok.

Alternatively, try a website called Hot UK Deals, which have people posting up deals found either instore or online. Might be worth looking there and seeing what newer Switch deals are around.

35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You missed the boat a bit last month, as there were some very good deals around the Black Friday sales.

The best I could find at present is the following list from Currys (of all places).

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/nintendo-tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/430_3959_31710_1108_xx/xx-criteria.html?ntid=B~m~Nintendo

The console itself tends to go around £260-£280, with the main games you mentioned between £40-£50 each so these seem ok.

Alternatively, try a website called Hot UK Deals, which have people posting up deals found either instore or online. Might be worth looking there and seeing what newer Switch deals are around.

Yeah I thought I might have with the black Friday deals. Didn't even contemplate getting one until the last week or so. I'll have a look on that hot UK deals and see if there's anything about. Cheers for the help though dude 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The better half bought me a Switch for Christmas and I love it. I've only got FIFA for it at the moment as it came in with the bundle but Super Mario Odyssey is downloading as I type. FIFA is pretty much how you expect but having it on the go and then seamlessly on the TV when I want it is pretty awesome, I think it'll really come into its own when I'm on a long drive/train/plain ride. 

I was debating Zelda or Mario and in the end went for the latter as it's probably more laid back, I'll do them both at some point but fancied some silliness after the personal disappointment of RDR2.

If it helps, you can download Football Manager Touch 2019 on the Switch as well.

Imagine that alongside Mario Kart and the likes.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Is it free if I've bought it on PC? 

Also, Super Mario is 💖

I have no idea (I assume you have the limited edition or whatever it is that puts the code for the Touch version with it). I'd assume not but only thing I can think of is to try it on the eshop and see if it's accepted.

Mario Odyssey is quality. Have fun. :)

• Subscriber
On 28/12/2018 at 20:32, Cannabis said:

The better half bought me a Switch for Christmas and I love it. I've only got FIFA for it at the moment as it came in with the bundle but Super Mario Odyssey is downloading as I type. FIFA is pretty much how you expect but having it on the go and then seamlessly on the TV when I want it is pretty awesome, I think it'll really come into its own when I'm on a long drive/train/plain ride. 

I was debating Zelda or Mario and in the end went for the latter as it's probably more laid back, I'll do them both at some point but fancied some silliness after the personal disappointment of RDR2.

Mario is fantastic but Zelda to me was a lot better and I think the only reason for that was that it as the first game I got for the switch. If you like the hack-and-slash genre give Bayonetta a check as well because it can get ridiculously hard as you ramp up. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Super Mario Odyssey, where have you been all my life? I've just arrived at the Seaside Kingdom and it's honestly a 9.5/10 at the moment (only half point away is because of how flawed the coin system is). 

Didn't think I would enjoy the Metro Kingdom and it's arguably the best one, looking forward to heading over to the Snow once I've wrapped up this new world. 

Can see myself going back for all the moons too, I'm not really a completionist but the game is that well made that I don't want to leave anything behind and untouched. 

It's a quality game. Think I've got about 330 odd and I think that's a third of the total.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It's a quality game. Think I've got about 330 odd and I think that's a third of the total.

You should ask @Harry how many he has I got to around 700+ and stopped. The grind is insane to get to 999.

Edited by Mel81x

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I love the old touches too, the part in the Metro Kingdom and you play a 2D version of Mario with Donkey Kong was brilliant. 

What really got me was how hard it was to finish the game. The whole game actually went up a notch at the point i thought I'd finished it... i may have 500 moons but it was the dark and in particular darker side of the moon that I loved the most... probably the hardest piece of any Mario game I've ever played and super satisfying to complete it. 

I started out with it at 9/10 but it got comfortably up to 10 for me by the end. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harry said:

What really got me was how hard it was to finish the game. The whole game actually went up a notch at the point i thought I'd finished it... i may have 500 moons but it was the dark and in particular darker side of the moon that I loved the most... probably the hardest piece of any Mario game I've ever played and super satisfying to complete it. 

I started out with it at 9/10 but it got comfortably up to 10 for me by the end. 

Harder than SM Galaxy? I hated that game.