talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Quarter-Finals - 9-10th April, 2024 (1st Legs)

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I honestly can't see them winning the league so I do hope they focus on the CL even if it seems even more unlikely they'll win this either. 

I kinda thought going in whoever advances between us or Arsenal isnt beating City or Madrid anyways but idk Madrid looked fairly beatable over two legs against Leipzig and Cities had their spurts this season too. The competition definitely seems more open then in recent years. 

Ill take a draw away with no fans for sure. The give a shit meter was definitely up for once so that was nice to see. Our holes are definitely still there though Dier for one shouldnt be starting for any team with ambitions and despite Tuchel liking the pairing with De Ligt hes easily the worst cb we have.You saw that on several occasions, the left side with Davies got torched for the first 30ish mins before Davies settled a bit anyways. Our midfield stability hinges on a 19 year old starting...Laimer and Gortetzka hasnt worked all season and Laimer in particular looked outmatched on several occasions. Overall I suppose the duo did better then I thought they would. Goretzka definitely stepped up. The one thing we do have is an attack so some optimism remains. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I kinda thought going in whoever advances between us or Arsenal isnt beating City or Madrid anyways but idk Madrid looked fairly beatable over two legs against Leipzig and Cities had their spurts this season too. The competition definitely seems more open then in recent years. 

I feel like Madrid are the ones who are going to advance there but there's still a lot of football to be played. You'll had moments where you'll looked very good and then just sat back and started absorbing pressure which will always allow teams like Arsenal to get a goal the later into a game it goes. I can't see this happening in the second leg. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kane should have been sent off for that elbow imo.

Thats funny. As I was watching the play my first thought was ahh unfortunate but clearly not intentional. Then you see on replay the look first... not great but ok still didnt look very intentional. Then I remembered you all these years ago talking about Kane being sneaky dirty and always doing things like this xD

I’ll never understand how you can pass to a teammate with a man on him with his back to the game. Dortmund keeper just did it in the worst part of the pitch, the div. 

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Thats funny. As I was watching the play my first thought was ahh unfortunate but clearly not intentional. Then you see on replay the look first... not great but ok still didnt look very intentional. Then I remembered you all these years ago talking about Kane being sneaky dirty and always doing things like this xD

Thought in real time it didn't look intentional, but on the replay thought it looked very intentional. I've not seen him much in Germany, I've watched maybe 2 Bundesliga matches all season and they were both Fortuna Dusseldorf matches... so I don't think I've actually seen any of him in Germany... but I doubt he's changed his ways too much.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thought in real time it didn't look intentional, but on the replay thought it looked very intentional. I've not seen him much in Germany, I've watched maybe 2 Bundesliga matches all season and they were both Fortuna Dusseldorf matches... so I don't think I've actually seen any of him in Germany... but I doubt he's changed his ways too much.

I cant say Ive noticed him do anything like that this season so idk. 

I wouldn't say Kane has been a dirty player during his career. He uses his body well in fairness due his lack of speed. He rolls defenders to get his shot away.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Devil said:

I wouldn't say Kane has been a dirty player during his career.

Had a big tendency to lean into players that jumped over him, so they'd fall awkwardly. Luckily no-one got badly injured from it (from memory anyway). 

Good result from Barça last night. A well deserved victory but it was frustrating to concede 2 as the team actually defended well over the 90 minutes and didn't deserve to go 2-1 down for me. Great comeback from there however. Barcelona in recent years have folded and ended up recieving  hammering in those types of moments.

Raphinha has been a different player lately also and is playing like the player who he was supposed to be when signed. Class performance by him. I can now see why @Lucas loved him at Leeds. He just needed time to adjust it seems.

Pedri and de Jong back is massive. You'd expect Pedri to start in the 2nd leg over Sergi Roberto.

Xavi deserves credit for the subs. Pedri came on and played a lovely pass to assist Raphinha almost instantly, then Christensen came on and scored the winner 2 minutes later.

The problem with it only being 3-2 is that it can easily be overturned by a player of Mbappe's quality, even Dembélé, so the team need to be at their best in the second leg, as do the fans. The Olympic stadium isn't Camp Nou either.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• The title was changed to Champions League Quarter-Finals - 9-10th April, 2024 (1st Legs)
  • The topic was unpinned