talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Quarter-Finals - 9-10th April, 2024 (1st Legs)

• Administrator

225px-UEFA_Champions_League.svg.png

all kick-offs 20.00 (BST)

Tuesday 9th April, 2024
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Real Madrid vs Man City

Wednesday 10th April, 2024
Atletico Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund

PSG vs Barcelona

• Subscriber

Not really confident of much these days. We could either show up and dictate the match or get bent over and fold up into the fetal position and cry :what:

The likely setup. Pavlovic and Neuer are a little iffy for fitness so we'll see there. Our #1 cb pairing will be back given the disastrous performance of Upa and Kim on the weekend. No other surprises likely, Gnabrys been in good form in recent weeks since coming back.  

lineup___2024_04_08T203831.666.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not really confident of much these days. We could either show up and dictate the match or get bent over and fold up into the fetal position and cry :what:

The likely setup. Pavlovic and Neuer are a little iffy for fitness so we'll see there. Our #1 cb pairing will be back given the disastrous performance of Upa and Kim on the weekend. No other surprises likely, Gnabrys been in good form in recent weeks since coming back.  

lineup___2024_04_08T203831.666.png

The official line-ups are out and the only difference to your expected line-up is that Leroy Sane starts instead of Muller and Laimer will play in defensive midfield instead of Pavlovic. Arsenal at home are the strong favourites to win this one though in my opinion, given the recent form and performances of both respected sides. If Bayern can get a draw, that will be a huge result to take back to Munich for the 2nd leg. But I feel that Arsenal will win today.

De Bruyne ill but on the bench, Walker missing is a big loss too. Madrid have had 9 days rest ,just don't get battered will do

Ortega

Akanji    Stones   Dias  Gvardiol

Foden    Rodri     Kovacic

Bernardo    Haaland   Grealish

BENCH:-Ederson, Carson, Lewis, Gomez, Susoho, Bobb, Nunes, Doku, Alvarez, De Bruyne

• Subscriber

Feel like Bayern can apply a bit more pressure here and get another goal to make the second leg more comfortable. Having said that, Arsenal haven't really sat back either. 

Both these CL matches today have been really exciting in the 1st half. Arsenal took the lead through a lovely Saka accurate strike. Then Bayern did excellently to equalise through a Gnabry shot from a Goretzka through ball. A Kane penalty goal made it 2-1 to Bayern. Bayern are proving to be a different beast in the Champions League. 

Half-time score: Arsenal 1-2 Bayern Munich

Man City took an early lead through a clever free-kick goal by Bernardo Silva in the 2nd minute. But Real Madrid equalised through a deflected Camavinga shot that found the back of the net. Then Rodrygo scored for Real Madrid on the counter attack and cleverly slipped the ball past Ederson to give Real Madrid the lead.

Half-time score: Real Madrid 2-1 Man City

Edited by Michael

21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Feel like Bayern can apply a bit more pressure here and get another goal to make the second leg more comfortable. Having said that, Arsenal haven't really sat back either. 

Arsenal getting knocked out of the CL could be a blessing in disguise, as they could then focus all their energy on winning the Premier League.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kane should have been sent off for that elbow imo.

There's clearly no love lost between ex-Spurs players Kane and Dier against Arsenal this evening.

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Pep needs to start playing Haaland against the top sides.

Even without touching the ball Haaland is huge for us, he pins defenders back because they are so scared of him which leaves room for Foden etc to shoot instead

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Michael said:

Arsenal getting knocked out of the CL could be a blessing in disguise, as they could then focus all their energy on winning the Premier League.

I honestly can't see them winning the league so I do hope they focus on the CL even if it seems even more unlikely they'll win this either. 

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I honestly can't see them winning the league so I do hope they focus on the CL even if it seems even more unlikely they'll win this either. 

I think Man City are my slight favourites to win the league, despite the fact that they are a point behind both Arsenal and Liverpool. Man City simply have too much strength in depth and so much fire-power. But Arsenal still have a good chance of winning the league. They just have to try and play at their best from now until the end of the season in May. Getting knocked out of the CL will allow them to focus everything on winning the league title. Some of Arsenal's performances this season have been 1st class, if they can come up with similar performances in the upcoming matches until the end of the season, there is no reason why they shouldn't win the league title. Arsenal are top of the league as we speak and they have by far the best goal difference out of all the teams in the Premier League this season.

Bayern will be happier with the result. This game is basically irrelevant going into the 2nd leg at the Allianz Arena.

2 stupid goals to give away, one of which was Kane's customary penalty against us. As for both the penalty incidents, both could've been given, neither were, evened itself out as far as that's concerned in my opinion.

• The title was changed to Champions League Quarter-Finals - 9-10th April, 2024 (1st Legs)
  • The topic was unpinned