talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 34 - 20-25th April, 2024

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

They probably were hard done by overall but this is hilarious, embarrassing and unprofessional. 

The day just gets better xD.

Very embarrassing. 

They quickly forget how they got back into the division in the first place... 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Are they talking about the VAR being a Luton fan for today's game or previously?

Why would a Luton fan help Everton win? We were one point ahead of Forest with Luton still to go to. You could make a case that they'd rather Forest win or certainly see a draw. xD

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are they talking about the VAR being a Luton fan for today's game or previously?

Why would a Luton fan help Everton win? We were one point ahead of Forest with Luton still to go to. You could make a case that they'd rather Forest win or certainly see a draw. xD

What options do they think they even have too xD

Reached the stage a while back that Bournemouth (h) is an expected 3 points. But great to get them, after going a goal down & 3 days after European extra time. Chelsea next can feel positive with just 1 point, or maybe even near to a free hit.

6 or 7 games left of what's been a good season. Slightly above my expectations. Way above many neutrals. Every game like a final now, until it's over.

Honestly Forest cannot go down quick enough, the owner is a nightmare and their buy every player under the sun recruitment philosophy is a terrible way to run a club.

I don’t think they’ll do it but for the sake of the league I hope Luton stay up.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly Forest cannot go down quick enough, the owner is a nightmare and their buy every player under the sun recruitment philosophy is a terrible way to run a club.

I don’t think they’ll do it but for the sake of the league I hope Luton stay up.

Be interesting to see how they manage financially (and what punishments will be forthcoming) if they a) get relegated and b) stay down for at least 1 season. 

Their recruitment must have screwed them up financially if they go down. Be amazed if they're not in breach of any financial stability rules for the 3-year period that this season and last season are included in. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Be interesting to see how they manage financially (and what punishments will be forthcoming) if they a) get relegated and b) stay down for at least 1 season. 

Their recruitment must have screwed them up financially if they go down. Be amazed if they're not in breach of any financial stability rules for the 3-year period that this season and last season are included in. 

Its a massive shame for their fans, feels like it could be a Portsmouth moment tbh but at least Pompey won the FA Cup and got to play against AC Milan and Ronaldinho. Those memories can take you a long way in League 2 lol

• Subscriber

They signed 42 players since promotion and breached PSR by £35m on purpose and got a 4 point deduction and another team got a 6 point deduction for a breach half that size due to technicalities involving interest payments while building a stadium and thought there was an agenda against them.

They sang "cheating bastards, you know what you are" when we went there earlier this season after our initial 10 point deduction and now they want in on the Premier League corrupt thing.

Apparently spent all of today singing feed the Scousers too including when Beto was unconscious on the pitch receiving treatment.

They were hard done by on those decisions today but my sympathy ends there. The statements they've come out with this season after their 4 point deduction and after today have been ridiculous and unbecoming. Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if they went down.

• Subscriber

Forest's chip on shoulder is on its own level. Never forget the play-off final that got them into this league. Huddersfield should be able to claim tens of millions off them for match fixing.

• Subscriber

They don't get enough shit for three away wins in nearly two years. Absolutely awful. How are they going to survive again? 

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m gonna go off the beaten path and say I support Forest being unhinged against referees.

This. Not that it will make a difference to anything, but seeing somebody call the refs out for being shit and bent is funny at the very least. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Kieran Maguire is under the impression they'd be OK for at least a season if Marankis remains committed but if they don't go up they'd be in for a world of pain if they can't get profit on the players they've paid a fee for.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

They signed 42 players since promotion and breached PSR by £35m on purpose and got a 4 point deduction and another team got a 6 point deduction for a breach half that size due to technicalities involving interest payments while building a stadium and thought there was an agenda against them.

They sang "cheating bastards, you know what you are" when we went there earlier this season after our initial 10 point deduction and now they want in on the Premier League corrupt thing.

Apparently spent all of today singing feed the Scousers too including when Beto was unconscious on the pitch receiving treatment.

They were hard done by on those decisions today but my sympathy ends there. The statements they've come out with this season after their 4 point deduction and after today have been ridiculous and unbecoming. Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if they went down.

True - Beto's lying on the floor unconscious with paramedics around them so Forest start booing and singing feed the Scousers.

A strange lot, hopefully Luton pull a win out of somewhere and they're back where they belong. The most fight they've shown all season is on Twitter.

On a happier note I hope you all enjoyed MOTD 2 yesterday. Its a shame that we haven't seen Olise and Eze play together more often this season as them two behind Mateta seems to be the Premier League's answer to The Harlem Globetrotters.

They're both Champions League quality players now. If you stand off them both they'll destroy you and if you get close to them they're so good in tight spaces you need three players round them. I don't think we will see two complete players with this much talent in the same Palace team for a very long time.

Its just about enjoying the last five matches seeing them together now. I think we're resigned to losing Michael Olise. Hopefully it will be an early 'United Panic Buy' as opposed to a late signing when other teams have missed out on first targets. As with our track record of signing replacements we'd be in for another long season.

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

On a happier note I hope you all enjoyed MOTD 2 yesterday. Its a shame that we haven't seen Olise and Eze play together more often this season as them two behind Mateta seems to be the Premier League's answer to The Harlem Globetrotters.

They're both Champions League quality players now. If you stand off them both they'll destroy you and if you get close to them they're so good in tight spaces you need three players round them. I don't think we will see two complete players with this much talent in the same Palace team for a very long time.

Its just about enjoying the last five matches seeing them together now. I think we're resigned to losing Michael Olise. Hopefully it will be an early 'United Panic Buy' as opposed to a late signing when other teams have missed out on first targets. As with our track record of signing replacements we'd be in for another long season.

I know they won’t sign him but Olise is a Pep/Man City winger. He would be unreal there. Would be interesting to see him avoid City/PSG and go to a club like Liverpool if they were to lose Salah in the Summer.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

I know they won’t sign him but Olise is a Pep/Man City winger. He would be unreal there. Would be interesting to see him avoid City/PSG and go to a club like Liverpool if they were to lose Salah in the Summer.

When they sold Mahrez last summer I was a little concerned as he seemed ready to be moulded by Pep in to a suitable replacement at just 30m. Thankfully nothing materialised.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

As with our track record of signing replacements we'd be in for another long season.

You now have an actual decent manager so that will perhaps change.

Instead of 14th each season it'll now be 13th :ph34r:.

In all seriousness, they're very talented. I can see a club like Newcastle even throwing money at you/the players and enticing them there. Especially given Almiron seems to be coming to the end of his time there. 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

You now have an actual decent manager so that will perhaps change.

Instead of 14th each season it'll now be 13th :ph34r:.

In all seriousness, they're very talented. I can see a club like Newcastle even throwing money at you/the players and enticing them there. Especially given Almiron seems to be coming to the end of his time there. 

Yeah Newcastle are a good shout. You could see our centre backs and two creative players having a positive impact there. Not that i can see us selling more than two in one window. I'm not sure what there FFP situation is like though. 

I do think, that had we signed two creative players last summer, we could have competed for a top half finish this season. We've dropped so many points in the last 20 minutes by trying to be regimented and then having no creative outlets to give the ball to.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

True - Beto's lying on the floor unconscious with paramedics around them so Forest start booing and singing feed the Scousers.

A strange lot, hopefully Luton pull a win out of somewhere and they're back where they belong. The most fight they've shown all season is on Twitter.

I don't get to go to Goodison regularly but you can tell from Twitter 2-3 times a season that there are certain sets of fans who turn up and go full Tory with the feed the scousers shouts. From what I remember Luton were another unfortunately. Whichever one of them gets flushed this season, we'll only have Leicester fans back doing the same next season by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

When they sold Mahrez last summer I was a little concerned as he seemed ready to be moulded by Pep in to a suitable replacement at just 30m. Thankfully nothing materialised.

You know I’ve just remembered that they have signed Savio from their feeder club system so I don’t think he’ll be going there anytime soon

• The topic was unpinned