talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2024 Fantasy League

football forums

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'm a bit late to this, wasn't gonna bother but day off today and have whipped up a team late to get involved. Will obviously have to miss whoever has got points already.

Whats the code to join the league?

Auto joins if you click on the link in first page :)

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Auto joins if you click on the link in first page :)

Sweet, I got it cheers.

Quite far behind already by looks of it 😅 I do enjoy a challenge though.

Just my luck, I replaced Verbruggen with the usually well performing Lunin. But Lunin had to have a poor match today, didn't he? I also selected Mudryk and Dovbyk in my team, all, needless to say gained only a few points after Ukraine's defeat. Here is to hoping that France and Mbappe have a big win today.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm guessing a lot are hoping for captain Mbappe to deliver.

I am in this particular boat. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I am in this particular boat. 

The boat was unfortunately lost at sea.

Gonna have to hope someone else delivers tomorrow. Last day before matchday 2.

My crap luck continues, I replaced Rodri with Palinha today, thinking Palinha would start for Portugal as all the media sites expected him to. But Palinha didn't play a minute of this game and sat on the bench.🙁

6 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I had KDB as my captain, he scored two points. so I subbed him out for Arda Güler who's on 9 points, and may also be getting man of the match points 😎

And that puts me top with 74 points :)

@Stan, just a question about players and their transfer values changing based on their performances after matchday 3. We are all given a budget of £100m at the start. But if we say hypothetically that we have players in our team who have really played well in the group stage and by the Round of 16 our squad value is worth say £110m instead of the original £100m. Does this mean that we can say transfer a player out now worth £7m, who was originally worth £6m, for another player worth £7m? Can we also do this for example for other players in the team whose value has increased?

To summarise, would we have more money to play with after the group stage, because of the increase of value of our players in this hypothetical situation?

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

@Stan, just a question about players and their transfer values changing based on their performances after matchday 3. We are all given a budget of £100m at the start. But if we say hypothetically that we have players in our team who have really played well in the group stage and by the Round of 16 our squad value is worth say £110m instead of the original £100m. Does this mean that we can say transfer a player out now worth £7m, who was originally worth £6m, for another player worth £7m? Can we also do this for example for other players in the team whose value has increased?

To summarise, would we have more money to play with after the group stage, because of the increase of value of our players in this hypothetical situation?

I believe you should be able to keep the money you have if sold at a higher price than when you bought the player.

So if you buy a player at £6m, sell at £7m, you then have the £7m to play with. 

There's one free transfer (plus any carried over) you can do between each matchday unless using one of the wildcard/limitless boosts. And you get -4 deducted from your matchday total if you make any transfers on top of the free transfer quota.

The rules on the site state:

You can also make as many free transfers as you like between the group stage and round of 16.

Player prices
Player prices will stay the same until the Matchday 2 deadline. Once the Matchday 3 deadline has passed, some players' prices will be adjusted based on their performances in the previous games. Prices will keep changing throughout the season depending on how many points players score.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I believe you should be able to keep the money you have if sold at a higher price than when you bought the player.

So if you buy a player at £6m, sell at £7m, you then have the £7m to play with. 

There's one free transfer (plus any carried over) you can do between each matchday unless using one of the wildcard/limitless boosts. And you get -4 deducted from your matchday total if you make any transfers on top of the free transfer quota.

The rules on the site state:

You can also make as many free transfers as you like between the group stage and round of 16.

Player prices
Player prices will stay the same until the Matchday 2 deadline. Once the Matchday 3 deadline has passed, some players' prices will be adjusted based on their performances in the previous games. Prices will keep changing throughout the season depending on how many points players score.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's 2 free transfers per matchday, and just to clarify, 4 points are deducted for each additional transfer

42 minutes ago, Michael said:

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's 2 free transfers per matchday, and just to clarify, 4 points are deducted for each additional transfer

Just to clarify one more thing, the player transfer values in the Round of 16, will be based on their performances in the 3 group matches, correct?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Just to clarify one more thing, the player transfer values in the Round of 16, will be based on their performances in the 3 group matches, correct?

Yes. 

27 minutes ago, Michael said:

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes. 

Everything is set!

Edited by Michael