talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(R16) Germany 2-0 Denmark - Saturday 29th June, 2024

football forums

Whilst I expect Germany to win despite the injuries in defence I am more interested to see what kind of fight Denmark put up.

Will there three at the back and combative midfielders be hard to get past and Germany win by the odd Fullkrug goal? Or will Musiala, Wentz, Gundogan and Havertz run riot early and we have to concede that the standard of attacking quality in Group C was Championship level.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Tah is suspended and Rüdiger is doubtful. We might play with two completely new center backs. I'm still hopeful that Rüdiger will recover in time though. 

Rüdiger was practicing with the ball today apparently so that hopefully bodes well. 

• Upvote 1

On 27/06/2024 at 14:18, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I expect Germany to win despite the injuries in defence I am more interested to see what kind of fight Denmark put up.

Will there three at the back and combative midfielders be hard to get past and Germany win by the odd Fullkrug goal? Or will Musiala, Wentz, Gundogan and Havertz run riot early and we have to concede that the standard of attacking quality in Group C was Championship level.

Who is Wentz? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hmm, at most I expected Füllkrug for Havertz. I did not expect Sané for Wirtz. 

Yeah, I don't know why he's dropped Wirtz and I don't get why he's still being stubborn by starting Havertz over Füllkrug. Well I do know why he's started him, because he explained why, but I don't agree with him. I think starting with Füllkrug was an obvious choice, given the excellent form he is in and his style of play.