talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leny Yoro - Signs for Man Utd

Don't know anything about him. Good move? Bad move? Overpaid? Signing instead of Branthwaite or are Man Utd hoping to get both?

Edited by 6666

• The title was changed to Leny Yoro - Close To Completing Man Utd Move
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

This kid might be good but Man Utd going from refusing to bid above £50m for Branthwaite when they knew Everton's valuation was £70m, to spending over £60m on an 18 year old who has one year left on his deal, suggests to me that INEOS are picking up pretty much where the Glazers left off.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

This kid might be good but Man Utd going from refusing to bid above £50m for Branthwaite when they knew Everton's valuation was £70m, to spending over £60m on an 18 year old who has one year left on his deal, suggests to me that INEOS are picking up pretty much where the Glazers left off.

Absolutely nothing about them so far tells me their banter era is over. In-fact the Glazers might've just been the supporting act.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

They tried offering to take DCL off your books to reduce the Branthwaite fee.

These types of deals are common in say baseball but not well used in football, furthermore I cant see everton wanting to sacrifice value on Branthwaite to move dead wood out right now.   I think everton are prepared to carry DCL and sell other assets like Onana.

Edited by OrangeKhrush

• Subscriber

This guy is genuinely worse than AFTV were at their absolute lowest point. The bad thing is that a lot of Man Utd fans I've seen are drinking the Kool Aid as well. They've made a narrative for themselves that they've got one over on us because they didn't buy Branthwaite. It's absolutely bizarre. I don't know a single Everton fan who's upset that we're keeping him and I don't know a single one who would have been happy to see him go even for the asking price of £70m.

How many more years are they going to have to be shit and embarrassing for before (some of) their fans stop being such insecure, entitled man-babies? xD

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How many more years are they going to have to be shit and embarrassing for before (some of) their fans stop being such insecure, entitled man-babies?

Another decade I'd say.

Never heard of this lad and didn't even know Liverpool were linked with him. It seems to have upset those LFC fans who hang on every word of LFC journos and love the transfer window more than the actual football though

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Never heard of this lad and didn't even know Liverpool were linked with him. It seems to have upset those LFC fans who hang on every word of LFC journos and love the transfer window more than the actual football though

Transfer windows are exciting,  even if the football is better you still have to somewhat be very interested in pre season and who you bring in. 

46 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Transfer windows are exciting,  even if the football is better you still have to somewhat be very interested in pre season and who you bring in. 

Exciting is a huge stretch. Of course I'm always interested in who Liverpool bring in, when they've actually signed. I've zero interest in following stories about the 100s of players they're linked with every window though. 

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Exciting is a huge stretch. Of course I'm always interested in who Liverpool bring in, when they've actually signed. I've zero interest in following stories about the 100s of players they're linked with every window though. 

Yeah, as recent as last summer I was getting concerned about the lack of activity from us in the market but I’m over that now and I’ll just trust who is in charge to get shit done. Slot coming in will delay a lot of the transfers until later in the window anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, as recent as last summer I was getting concerned about the lack of activity from us in the market but I’m over that now and I’ll just trust who is in charge to get shit done. Slot coming in will delay a lot of the transfers until later in the window anyways. 

The market has been a bit slow to date but It should hot up

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This guy is genuinely worse than AFTV were at their absolute lowest point. The bad thing is that a lot of Man Utd fans I've seen are drinking the Kool Aid as well. They've made a narrative for themselves that they've got one over on us because they didn't buy Branthwaite. It's absolutely bizarre. I don't know a single Everton fan who's upset that we're keeping him and I don't know a single one who would have been happy to see him go even for the asking price of £70m.

How many more years are they going to have to be shit and embarrassing for before (some of) their fans stop being such insecure, entitled man-babies? xD

He's a dumb cunt just inventing something for United fans to be pissed off at Scousers about. Everton fans wanted to keep him, they get to keep him and I think they're quite happy about keeping him like you say. Rather than just be happy United have signed a highly rated promising & young CB, he knows anger gets him more engagement so he's just inventing something for people to be pissed off about because that'll keep his social media engagement high.

So rather than accepting it's a scenario where both Everton and Man Utd fans might be happy about something, he's just being a cunt to keep his social media engagement up. A good thing to do is just block accounts you see that do this and deny them the attention they need in order to get sponsors for their stream. It's just a grift for people who don't have any real skills to try to make money by being a "football influencer" - fuck 'em.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Transfer windows are fucking annoying because journalists just make shit up 90% of the time and you get random people on the internet talking about players they've never seen play like they're some kind of international football expert, when really they're just some dickhead on the internet.

• The title was changed to Leny Yoro - Signs for Man Utd