talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Thursday 19th October - Matchday 3 (Group E)

Everton 1-4 Lyon

They beat Monaco the other week. We've beaten Stoke and Bournemouth all season (except Ruzemberok and one of the legs against Hajduk Split). Four of those five wins were by a single goal. We're awful and I'm not even going to bother posting a "this is how I'd line-up" eleven because the only changes Koeman will make to the side will be Martina and Williams back in.

Martina and Williams are in and all xD.

Otherwise don't mind the teamsheet. Davies instead of 2 DMs though I'd rather we started Gueye instead of Schneiderlin. Two wingers at last and no Rooney or Sigursson so we'll see if Klaassen can have an impact as the main creative outlet.

A win is pretty much necessary to keep us in the competition so anything less and I'm back on Koemans case.

19 minutes ago, Toony said:

Think Koeman will go if you lose tonight?

Should be coming through this group quite comfortably alongside Lyon, now you'll likely have to beat them at least once to stay in.

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

Think you've said it elsewhere but I can't see you winning any of your next three games which would then surely see him off.

Just now, Pep Talk said:

really should be 2-0

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

Was talking more about the pretty much through ball but was hit straight to the keeper. Should of gone further than rushing the shot.

Gutted by that as it looked like we could have snuck the win but if we couldn't turn that one around with all that momentum then I don't see where a good result is coming from. 

Sympathise with Koeman tonight who picked a better team but he still needs to go. Something needs overhauling at Everton and he has to be accountable for this squad as he's had around quarter of a billion pounds to spend on his targets and we look completely unbalanced with no quality or depth in numerous positions.

When I say 'he', maybe I'm being harsh because many of our fans believe that Steve Walsh should take a portion of the blame at least and I'm not of a mind to disagree with that.

Just now, LFCMike said:

One angry bunch Everton xD the fella throwing digs with his kid in his arms and anyone get onto the fella calling Sigurdsson shite and a shithouse as he was taking the corner? xD

Yep, after assisting the goal and hitting the post with another free kick moments later. The type of support you get at Goodison on a good day let alone when the team is performing as it is.

• The topic was unpinned