Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Thursday 19th October - Matchday 3 (Group E)

Kick-offs 8pm

Atalanta vs Apollon Limassol
Everton vs Lyon

Group over with for us tonight, I reckon. 

I just want to see more of Vlasic and DCL. 

Are Lyon even that good anymore?

Even saying that I doubt they'll be as crap as Everton.

Everton 1-4 Lyon

They beat Monaco the other week. We've beaten Stoke and Bournemouth all season (except Ruzemberok and one of the legs against Hajduk Split). Four of those five wins were by a single goal. We're awful and I'm not even going to bother posting a "this is how I'd line-up" eleven because the only changes Koeman will make to the side will be Martina and Williams back in.

Martina and Williams are in and all xD.

Otherwise don't mind the teamsheet. Davies instead of 2 DMs though I'd rather we started Gueye instead of Schneiderlin. Two wingers at last and no Rooney or Sigursson so we'll see if Klaassen can have an impact as the main creative outlet.

A win is pretty much necessary to keep us in the competition so anything less and I'm back on Koemans case.

You're going to have to put in the performance of your season to date if you're going to win tonight I'd have thought.

Everton 1-2 Lyon.

Any performance where we look half arsed and play more than 2 forward passes in 90 minutes would be our performance of the season to date.

Think Koeman will go if you lose tonight?

Should be coming through this group quite comfortably alongside Lyon, now you'll likely have to beat them at least once to stay in.

19 minutes ago, Toony said:

Think Koeman will go if you lose tonight?

Should be coming through this group quite comfortably alongside Lyon, now you'll likely have to beat them at least once to stay in.

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

Think you've said it elsewhere but I can't see you winning any of your next three games which would then surely see him off.

Just now, Pep Talk said:

really should be 2-0

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

Was talking more about the pretty much through ball but was hit straight to the keeper. Should of gone further than rushing the shot.

1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

Was talking more about the pretty much through ball but was hit straight to the keeper. Should of gone further than rushing the shot.

Meh, could equally say the same about Klaassen's chance.

Everton have been better than they have been recently, makes a big difference playing a winger (Mirallas) as a winger. Who'd have thought it.

I think it'll end up 1-1.

I honestly though Everton had a great chance towards the end of that half but the goalkeeper kept them out. This won't end with them not getting a goal.

Williams should have been sent off there.  Almost spilled over into the crowd, there was some Everton fan trying to get involved with his little son in his arms, jesus christ.

• Upvote 1

Williams assaults their keeper then tries to punch a couple of Lyon players. Officials miss it and only a booking, sake Williams.

• Like 1

Williams scores. Called it when we took the free kick. Still a stupid cunt for that incident and should face a retrospective ban but has played well tonight despite my persistent bashing of him.

Martina shit clearance started that off. Keane awful second half.

Gutted by that as it looked like we could have snuck the win but if we couldn't turn that one around with all that momentum then I don't see where a good result is coming from. 

Sympathise with Koeman tonight who picked a better team but he still needs to go. Something needs overhauling at Everton and he has to be accountable for this squad as he's had around quarter of a billion pounds to spend on his targets and we look completely unbalanced with no quality or depth in numerous positions.

When I say 'he', maybe I'm being harsh because many of our fans believe that Steve Walsh should take a portion of the blame at least and I'm not of a mind to disagree with that.

I find it quite bizarre how Walsh going to Everton has seemingly fucked both clubs xD

One angry bunch Everton xD the fella throwing digs with his kid in his arms and anyone get onto the fella calling Sigurdsson shite and a shithouse as he was taking the corner? xD

Just now, LFCMike said:

One angry bunch Everton xD the fella throwing digs with his kid in his arms and anyone get onto the fella calling Sigurdsson shite and a shithouse as he was taking the corner? xD

Yep, after assisting the goal and hitting the post with another free kick moments later. The type of support you get at Goodison on a good day let alone when the team is performing as it is.