Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

EFL Cup 4th Round Match Chat - 24-25 October, 2017


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

all kick-offs 19.45 unless stated 

Tuesday 24th October, 2017
Arsenal vs Norwich
Bournemouth vs Middlesbrough
Bristol City vs Crystal Palace
Leicester vs Leeds
Man City vs Wolves, 20.00
Swansea vs Man Utd

Wednesday 25th October, 2017
Chelsea vs Everton 
Tottenham vs West Ham, 20.00

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.

bit shit that Arsenal and Norwich both play today and then again 2 days later.

Game could have easily been played on Wednesday with Tottenham vs West Ham switched to Tuesday (obviously their league game against Liverpool today could have stayed on Saturday). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

bit shit that Arsenal and Norwich both play today and then again 2 days later.

Game could have easily been played on Wednesday with Tottenham vs West Ham switched to Tuesday (obviously their league game against Liverpool today could have stayed on Saturday). 

It'll be two totally different teams that play, probably for both sides but certainly for Arsenal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toony said:

It'll be two totally different teams that play, probably for both sides but certainly for Arsenal.

that shouldn't matter. 

Norwich don't have the squad depth like Arsenal do.

Wouldn't surprise me that if they did play weaker squads, the Football League would punish Norwich for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We will definitely rotate. We're playing Friday night against Sheffield United on Sky so we will want to keep players fresh. I will assume we'll keep a winning side as it is for that game, I just don't know how many changes we'll make but there will be at least 5, possibly more, but potentially it could line up like this...

----------------------Weideweld

Anita Jansson Shaughnessy Borthwick-Jackson

--------------------Klich  Viera

--------------Sacko Hernandez Dallas

--------------------------Roofe

A combination of Lasogga, Saiz, Alioski, Ayling, Cooper, Pennington, Phillips, O'Kane, Lonergan on the bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leeds have an arguably more important game at the weekend, have more to play for in the league and play their game at the weekend on Friday night whereas we play Sunday. We have no excuse for not beating what is likely to be a highly rotated Leeds side.

3-1 Leicester. Iheanacho to bag. Gray and Chilwell to turn up.

I expect something like...

 

Jakupovic

Amartey - Morgan - Dragovic - Chilwell

Gray - King - Iborra - Albrighton

Slimani - Iheanacho

 

With Okazaki coming on when we realise again he's about the only forward we actually perform with at the minute xD

Edited by Dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Leeds have an arguably more important game at the weekend, have more to play for in the league and play their game at the weekend on Friday night whereas we play Sunday. We have no excuse for not beating what is likely to be a highly rotated Leeds side.

3-1 Leicester. Iheanacho to bag. Gray and Chilwell to turn up.

I expect something like...

 

Jakupovic

Amartey - Morgan - Dragovic - Chilwell

Gray - King - Iborra - Albrighton

Slimani - Iheanacho

 

With Okazaki coming on when we realise again he's about the only forward we actually perform with at the minute xD

I doubt it will be Jakupovic considering Hamer has been on the bench. 

Ironically Jakupovic is doing what Hamer had to do over the past couple of years xD

I hope we do see Dragovic though. About time he got a run out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't beat anyone? Your manager just got sacked? You are bottom of the table? Do you need points after you had been in shit form? Call Chelsea Football Club, we will provide you with points and a terrible performance to make you look like Barcelona and make ourselves look like a pub team. We will probably lose tomorrow to Everton it is just our style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

You can't beat anyone? Your manager just got sacked? You are bottom of the table? Do you need points after you had been in shit form? Call Chelsea Football Club, we will provide you with points and a terrible performance to make you look like Barcelona and make ourselves look like a pub team. We will probably lose tomorrow to Everton it is just our style.

We haven't won at Chelsea since 2011 in the FA Cup, on pens. And the time before that was 1994. You should be good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

You can't beat anyone? Your manager just got sacked? You are bottom of the table? Do you need points after you had been in shit form? Call Chelsea Football Club, we will provide you with points and a terrible performance to make you look like Barcelona and make ourselves look like a pub team. We will probably lose tomorrow to Everton it is just our style.

Was thinking that myself.... I can see another Crystal palace jobby coming on for this... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Was thinking that myself.... I can see another Crystal palace jobby coming on for this... 

I hope not but i see us struggle again, and probably go out. Give the younger and bench players a chance, they always run their heart out if nothing else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I hope not but i see us struggle again, and probably go out. Give the younger and bench players a chance, they always run their heart out if nothing else.

You would like to think we could bounce on from the win against Watford especially being at home as well but if we have the wrong attitude then we are only going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot again.. 

Who is in temporary charge at Everton for the time being? Just I can see them being rallied and putting in a stellar performance and knocking us out.. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You would like to think we could bounce on from the win against Watford especially being at home as well but if we have the wrong attitude then we are only going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot again.. 

Who is in temporary charge at Everton for the time being? Just I can see them being rallied and putting in a stellar performance and knocking us out.. xD

Unsworth. U23 manager so expect a few kids to at least play a part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Unsworth. U23 manager so expect a few kids to at least play a part. 

Ok... I suppose given the situation the main focus will be getting your league position sorted out and the Cup will be way down on the radar.. would be good to see some of our own youngsters out there.. 

I understand that Phil Neville has hinted that he may be interested in the role how do you feel about that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I doubt it will be Jakupovic considering Hamer has been on the bench. 

Ironically Jakupovic is doing what Hamer had to do over the past couple of years xD

I hope we do see Dragovic though. About time he got a run out. 

I wonder if that was just Shakespeare's bias. The Jakupovic signing looks absolutely baffling. I can't get my head around him being behind Hamer.

Dragovic I'm sure will start.

I swear to god if it's Slimani & Ulloa I'm going home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 changes for us as expected.

Gives the lads who've been on the fringes a chance to impress and others like Jansson and Pablo a chance to get themselves back in the first XI.

I fully expect Leicester to overpower us tonight mind. 2-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leicester 3-1 Leeds. 

Hernandez opened the scoring with a great hit 20 yards out.

Funnily enough, after that we were the most comfortable and the quick equaliser definitely helped. With the assistance of a mix-up of some sorts between Leeds' goal-keeper and defender, it left Iheanacho the chance to pick his spot just outside the box and make it 1-1. 

We were stronger as the half went on and didn't face much of a test in the 2nd half either. I think the quality showed and Slimani bundled in about half-way through the 2nd half, after missing an absolute sitter. Mahrez sealed the win running in from the wing and curling a finish in. 

Hope Leeds come up to be honest. I know it was a mix of first team and second string but I feel like this is the season they could finally make their return to the Premier League. They have some players who could do a job based on league form so far and this game - Hernandez especially. Saiz and Lasogga are doing well, too. 

As for us, been a while since we had a cup run! Will be good if Norwich and/or Wolves get through. If they do, would like them or Bristol City in the next round. Anything to get through to the final and face someone big then...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...