talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 6 - 28-30th September, 2024

• Subscriber

Wow we actually won! I missed parts of the second half, especially the last 10-15, because stream trouble, but we looked largely comfortable after going ahead.

Strange performance from Palace. We didn't lay a glove on them in the first half and then their heads just dropped when McNeil scored the equaliser.

Most fans said the minimum from Leicester and Palace had to be 4 points and that's what we've got. Dyche lives on for now, but it's only a step or two away from the brink still. Hopefully we can put a run together now. We need to be looking at double figures from our next six.

Screenshot_20240928_165801_FotMob.thumb.jpg.5f0aea3e5caec21117bd6a4b00d274dc.jpg

We'll need it to because it's followed by Man Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the space of six league games.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win, performance not so much but that doesn't really matter. 

One thing, Jota got booked first half, it was a yellow, no complaints. However, the ref didn't give it straight away, it was at least a minute or two until he was shown the yellow card. Makes me wonder if someones having a word in the refs ear which I didn't think they could do for yellow card offences. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Good win, performance not so much but that doesn't really matter. 

One thing, Jota got booked first half, it was a yellow, no complaints. However, the ref didn't give it straight away, it was at least a minute or two until he was shown the yellow card. Makes me wonder if someones having a word in the refs ear which I didn't think they could do for yellow card offences. 

I thought this too.

Only two things I can think of:

- he had already given him a yellow card but just wasn't shown on TV. VAR checking it anyway whilst that happened. But with the timing it perhaps just looked like he had waited for VAR, but the yellow card was already given

- he had given the yellow card to two (?) staff on the touchline, which they did show on TV.

As for your performance would you agree it's fair to say it was scrappy but you still deserved/did enough to win?

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought this too.

Only two things I can think of:

- he had already given him a yellow card but just wasn't shown on TV. VAR checking it anyway whilst that happened. But with the timing it perhaps just looked like he had waited for VAR, but the yellow card was already given

- he had given the yellow card to two (?) staff on the touchline, which they did show on TV.

As for your performance would you agree it's fair to say it was scrappy but you still deserved/did enough to win?

They did mention something on the commentary on the stream I was watching that two staff had been booked so maybe it was that, just seemed odd at the time. 

And yeah absolutely, bar the fuck up between Konate and Alisson for their goal they didn't really have a sniff. I think if that didn't happen it would have ended up a lot more comfortable

I feel like I've seen this game at Goodison about ten times. We go there with them needing a pick me up, we're not at the races and we leave with nothing.

I understand Glasner teams tend to start seasons slow but this isn't good enough at all. We have played West Ham, Leicester and an Everton team in disarray and are still looking for our first win of the season. The excuses of players not having a proper pre-season end now for me. As should this experiment of Kamada and Wharton in a midfield two.

Michael Olise is a fantastic footballer, so many journalists now coming round to the realisation now that activating his release clause would be signing of the summer makes me laugh. Any team in the Premier League would be better off with a maverick footballer of Michael Olise's technically ability that can link up play so well. But his absence shouldn't be having the massive influence it seems to be having.

Liverpool at home, Forest away and then Spurs at home. Those games in November against Fulham and Wolves feel bigger than they should do.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

Heartbreaking to concede in stoppage time again. 

After fighting back against that Arsenal side, that hurts. 

And very disappointed for Hermansen. He had a superb game. 

I think overall you couldn't argue we didn't deserve the win. It was two late goals but we dominated for the most part. We had a few decisions go our way though. Maybe got a bit lucky in that way.

I didn't expect the heavy win that you did though. We haven't been getting heavy wins. We struggled against wolves at times who are in the bottom 3. I think Leicester will be ok though. I don't think they'll go down. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think overall you couldn't argue we didn't deserve the win. It was two late goals but we dominated for the most part. We had a few decisions go our way though. Maybe got a bit lucky in that way.

I didn't expect the heavy win that you did though. We haven't been getting heavy wins. We struggled against wolves at times who are in the bottom 3. I think Leicester will be ok though. I don't think they'll go down. 

Oh yeah don't get me wrong we deserved to be beaten. And a point would have been a huge bonus. 

An expected loss, a performance where we were dominated for 95% of the game, but when you get to the position of a potential point, and concede in stoppage time in any circumstance it's gonna sting a bit. 

Whilst Skipp got lucky much later on, I do wonder how the game would have turned out had you lost Calafiori. Maybe we still lose, but maybe also we have a slightly higher chance of holding on. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dan said:

There cannot be a fixture in England that is more consistently soul destroying than Leicester going to Arsenal. Never known anything like it.

image.thumb.png.55549618fade6c8dfefd72ffa0ac3533.png

image.thumb.png.593578067e0136c200cf7865bde98e9f.png

image.thumb.png.649d4e78b547681bdf14e5d42e406121.png

image.thumb.png.1c9dc163599ab89586826e09f304c2a7.png

The only two times we've avoided defeat there since the 50s came behind closed doors. Genuinely a contender for the most painful fixture anyone has in football. 

I have to say, if Diego Carlos was playing CB for Man United or Liverpool or whoever, there would be Twitter meme's all over the place. Guaranteed 1 really dodgy pass (vs Wolves) or non challenge (today) at least once a match. And even against lower table sides, that's often all that is needed.

Sooner Konsa is back at CB the better. It is worrying that while 1st choice RB Cash has been out, Unai has seemed reluctant to rotate Nedeljkovic & Bogarde. Leaving Konsa at CB. As Unai gets everything spot on, I can only assume they must look like they have more errors in them in training.

• Subscriber

The first goal is so pathetic. Van de Ven did the same thing against us I'll acknowledge, but it was pathetic on our part as well and our team is full of pensioners and free transfers while Man Utd's has seen heavy investment. Rashford gives up on the ball, four players choose not to stop him with a professional foul and two of them give up and pass on the responsibility to the next player.

In the past you'd see one player give up like that and substitute them on the spot. Sadly for them you can't take a whole team off. The standards are in the toilet at that club. The manager is clearly poor but the next one will come up against the same problems just like the last half a dozen that have failed.

It's hard to figure out why the United players play with such little passion. You are playing for one of the biggest clubs ever. You make more money in a week than most people make in an year. Such dull and dreary football. You can see  new players like Mazraoui, De Ligt giving it their all but in a few weeks or months they will all be like....if the others don't give a fuck then why should we give a fuck. They really need to get rid of Rashford. Just an inept little footballer.