talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 6 - 28-30th September, 2024

football forums

• Subscriber

Wow we actually won! I missed parts of the second half, especially the last 10-15, because stream trouble, but we looked largely comfortable after going ahead.

Strange performance from Palace. We didn't lay a glove on them in the first half and then their heads just dropped when McNeil scored the equaliser.

Most fans said the minimum from Leicester and Palace had to be 4 points and that's what we've got. Dyche lives on for now, but it's only a step or two away from the brink still. Hopefully we can put a run together now. We need to be looking at double figures from our next six.

Screenshot_20240928_165801_FotMob.thumb.jpg.5f0aea3e5caec21117bd6a4b00d274dc.jpg

We'll need it to because it's followed by Man Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the space of six league games.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good win, performance not so much but that doesn't really matter. 

One thing, Jota got booked first half, it was a yellow, no complaints. However, the ref didn't give it straight away, it was at least a minute or two until he was shown the yellow card. Makes me wonder if someones having a word in the refs ear which I didn't think they could do for yellow card offences. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Good win, performance not so much but that doesn't really matter. 

One thing, Jota got booked first half, it was a yellow, no complaints. However, the ref didn't give it straight away, it was at least a minute or two until he was shown the yellow card. Makes me wonder if someones having a word in the refs ear which I didn't think they could do for yellow card offences. 

I thought this too.

Only two things I can think of:

- he had already given him a yellow card but just wasn't shown on TV. VAR checking it anyway whilst that happened. But with the timing it perhaps just looked like he had waited for VAR, but the yellow card was already given

- he had given the yellow card to two (?) staff on the touchline, which they did show on TV.

As for your performance would you agree it's fair to say it was scrappy but you still deserved/did enough to win?

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought this too.

Only two things I can think of:

- he had already given him a yellow card but just wasn't shown on TV. VAR checking it anyway whilst that happened. But with the timing it perhaps just looked like he had waited for VAR, but the yellow card was already given

- he had given the yellow card to two (?) staff on the touchline, which they did show on TV.

As for your performance would you agree it's fair to say it was scrappy but you still deserved/did enough to win?

They did mention something on the commentary on the stream I was watching that two staff had been booked so maybe it was that, just seemed odd at the time. 

And yeah absolutely, bar the fuck up between Konate and Alisson for their goal they didn't really have a sniff. I think if that didn't happen it would have ended up a lot more comfortable

I feel like I've seen this game at Goodison about ten times. We go there with them needing a pick me up, we're not at the races and we leave with nothing.

I understand Glasner teams tend to start seasons slow but this isn't good enough at all. We have played West Ham, Leicester and an Everton team in disarray and are still looking for our first win of the season. The excuses of players not having a proper pre-season end now for me. As should this experiment of Kamada and Wharton in a midfield two.

Michael Olise is a fantastic footballer, so many journalists now coming round to the realisation now that activating his release clause would be signing of the summer makes me laugh. Any team in the Premier League would be better off with a maverick footballer of Michael Olise's technically ability that can link up play so well. But his absence shouldn't be having the massive influence it seems to be having.

Liverpool at home, Forest away and then Spurs at home. Those games in November against Fulham and Wolves feel bigger than they should do.