Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

TV's

I want a new one for the living room.(That's another question... what do you all call it? Lounge/Living room/front room? xD ) Any recommendations? Has to be at least 40 inch.

I've had a 32 inch Samsung Smart TV(£400 brand new) for the last 5 years which was been very reliable, it's just too small!

Any deals on?

i call it all 3 any given day xD 

I've got an LG Smart 4k TV, 46 inch.

Perfect size for me and have had it for about 2 and a half years. Got it from Costco for about £700 I think. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

looks quality. why is it so cheap!?

Not sure but i like the look of it!! Might order it..:coffee:

On 11/17/2017 at 7:10 AM, JOSHBRFC said:

I want a new one for the living room.(That's another question... what do you all call it? Lounge/Living room/front room? xD ) Any recommendations? Has to be at least 40 inch.

I've had a 32 inch Samsung Smart TV(£400 brand new) for the last 5 years which was been very reliable, it's just too small!

Any deals on?

I wonder if it would be worth it for you to buy from the US and have it shipped to the UK. Reason I say that is cos I forgot just how much cheaper TVs and electronics are in the States compared to the UK, based on the prices quoted in this topic.

I mainly use a 60-inch plasma TV hooked up via HDMI to the laptop, with a wireless keyboard/touchpad for mouse combo (Logitech K400 Plus, AMAZING battery life). Don't like smart TVs cos don't need all those apps and using the wireless keyboard is SO MUCH easier. Don't like LED TVs either cos the quality of plasmas is  way superior. Got the 60-inch for $120 on Craigslist. That's roughly 90 quid.

Have 2 other 42 inch plasma TVs the missus practically gave me. I use one of them side-by-side right next to the 60-inch. That way I watch footie on the 60 while surfing the web on the 42 (each has its own HDMI cable attached, obviously).

I personally think HMDI is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So simple to use and yet so effective. Don't know much about electronics and wouldn't have known about this setup if it weren't for a mate of mine who used to work for Compusa lol.

He offered to set up Kodi (XBMC) for me but I'm perfectly happy the way things are. Dunno if Kodi/XBMC is worth it. Again, I'm not tech savvy so dunno anything about it.

• Upvote 1

I bought the TV i posted above. Looked like quite a good deal. Lets hope the TV doesn't blow up after a day.