talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm quite happy I watched that game. Makes me realise there's no crisis at the moment because of what we're competing against. On that pitch the only two players I'd take in our starting eleven are Shelvey and Ryan.

You're still 7 and 9 points behind both teams xD

I actually enjoyed the game, both teams lacking a quality striker but I think the better team just about shaded it.

2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm quite happy I watched that game. Makes me realise there's no crisis at the moment because of what we're competing against. On that pitch the only two players I'd take in our starting eleven are Shelvey and Ryan.

What about Mikel Merino? He was our best player again today I think.

Also I'm with Harv. Disappointed to lose of course but not worried. Three away games and all three could have went either way, all 3 were against teams that will be at the bottom of the table but I'm used to seeing Newcastle go away from home and roll over from the off. We actually go away with a plan now and that's the reason we won so many on the road last season.

If we had signed a number 10, left back and a better striker I would be quite excited about the rest of the season. I think we will stay up no problem but it's frustrating that we have a man like Rafa and haven't given him the funds to do his job. He seems to be planning for the next two windows which is a good sign. Hopefully with the TV money being in the bank we will release more funds for him.

Fair play to Brighton though, big win for them. On a related note I can't stand Knockaert, talented player but a snidey little cunt.

1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

What about Mikel Merino? He was our best player again today I think.

Also I'm with Harv. Disappointed to lose of course but not worried. Three away games and all three could have went either way, all 3 were against teams that will be at the bottom of the table but I'm used to seeing Newcastle go away from home and roll over from the off. We actually go away with a plan now and that's the reason we won so many on the road last season.

If we had signed a number 10, left back and a better striker I would be quite excited about the rest of the season. I think we will stay up no problem but it's frustrating that we have a man like Rafa and haven't given him the funds to do his job. He seems to be planning for the next two windows which is a good sign. Hopefully with the TV money being in the bank we will release more funds for him.

Fair play to Brighton though, big win for them. On a related note I can't stand Knockaert, talented player but a snidey little cunt.

I did forget about him to be honest. How many appearances is it he has to make before you can sign him?

7 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I did forget about him to be honest. How many appearances is it he has to make before you can sign him?

Rumour is 20 appearances. Rafa was quoted on Friday as saying that the deal will be very easy to complete. I would just stump up the cash now, he really does look quality.

8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

We still have to play both of you twice 9_9

That game with Newcastle in a couple of weeks is a must-win for you, be 8 games with no wins by the time that comes around. 

Surviving after that will be a tough ask, I think you'll need a change of manager to do it too.

• Administrator

didn't see it during the game but apparently Hemed was seen to have stamped on Yedlin in an off the ball incident. 

e4cc7535-b415-45f7-a5ad-f7d268d01056.jpg

If Marriner did not see it and the FA feel there is a case to answer, three former referees will review it independently. If all three think it was worthy of a red card, a charge will be brought.

If the case is proved, Hemed would serve a three-match ban and would miss Premier League matches against Arsenal, Everton and West Ham.

Sick of reading our fans play thon victim card on a Twitter comparing everything to Mitrovic and the like. However he should be banned, there was a bit of an incident where Yedlin and Hemed were face to face a few minutes earlier and as soon as he done it he looked at Marriner to see if he seen. 

Typical that the smug ugly cunt Mark Chapman and Jermaine Jenas never even mentioned it on MOTD, despite being quick to condemn Mitro and Shelvey. 

• Subscriber

Gareth Barry makes his record breaking 633rd Premier League appearance captaining West Brom tonight.

An absolute class act, obviously no Messi but he's been highly respected at every club he's been to and we're weaker to have lost him this summer. No surprise that you have to go such a long way to hear a negative comment about him.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Gareth Barry makes his record breaking 633rd Premier League appearance captaining West Brom tonight.

An absolute class act, obviously no Messi but he's been highly respected at every club he's been to and we're weaker to have lost him this summer. No surprise that you have to go such a long way to hear a negative comment about him.

bet he gets sent off tonight :ph34r: 

• Administrator

Sanchez' shirt is clearly pulled by the West Brom defender but penalty not given. It's on the assistant's side, no players in front of him. Begs the question what is the assistant looking at?! Sometimes officials don't give it because both players are at it but it's ridiculous how nothing has been given there. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Sanchez' shirt is clearly pulled by the West Brom defender but penalty not given. It's on the assistant's side, no players in front of him. Begs the question what is the assistant looking at?! Sometimes officials don't give it because both players are at it but it's ridiculous how nothing has been given there. 

Looks as though it was to balance out the earlier West Brom one... :ph34r:

I think they should bring out a new rule where if a player goes into the back of the net as a result of a goal line clearance then it should count as a goal... 

Archived