talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How we are winning this game is a mystery. West Brom bottled so many chances and were denied a stone wall pen. 

I'd like to see a change at HT. Ramsey is not only doing his job he is also doing Enemy's. We need to get Elneny off the pitch and get someone on who is actually worth a damn.

• Subscriber

Oh, it's Bobby Madley, so massively surprising. It really is pathetic the way football's gone. Maybe I'm just overly cynical but I am sure they give the worst refs the TV games just to manufacture entertainment. Happens too often to be a coincidence.

Terrible first half, but a very solid second. No idea why Wenger changed a winning formula and I hope we goes back to Ramsey/Xhaka because if we are being real here Elneny is useless.

West Brom very unlucky first half but fell apart in the second.

Monreal MOTM for me.

• Administrator

Very strong and comfortable 2nd half for Arsenal. Made it a quite comfortable victory in the end and West Brom seemed to give in to the dominance and control Arsenal ended up having as the game went on. Arsenal ever so lucky not to be behind or drawing at half-time though. 

41 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Terrible first half, but a very solid second. No idea why Wenger changed a winning formula and I hope we goes back to Ramsey/Xhaka because if we are being real here Elneny is useless.

West Brom very unlucky first half but fell apart in the second.

Monreal MOTM for me.

Elneny was one of our best players today so I don't really know what you're on about. Always puts in a solid performance as well without fuss, may not do anything out of this world but solid players like Elneny are needed especially in a squad where a lot blow hot and cold.

Other than him, Kolasinac was once again impressive and Monreal once again doing everything to a high level, rarely makes a mistake.

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Elneny was one of our best players today so I don't really know what you're on about. Always puts in a solid performance as well without fuss, may not do anything out of this world but solid players like Elneny are needed especially in a squad where a lot blow hot and cold.

Other than him, Kolasinac was once again impressive and Monreal once again doing everything to a high level, rarely makes a mistake.

No mate he is beyond useless. We got away with playing him first half massively. He offers no real protection which is what he is in there for and he adds nothing going forward. I think because he runs round a lot and is tidy in possession masks how average he truly is.

Xhaka never looks good next to him, completely disrupts his game. Elneny should be a last resort.

• Administrator

Hemed given 3 match ban for stamp on Yedlin

Brighton striker Tomer Hemed will serve a three-match ban after being found guilty of violent conduct during Sunday's game against Newcastle.

The 30-year-old Israel international, who scored the winner in his side's 1-0 victory, appeared to stamp on defender DeAndre Yedlin in the 88th minute.

The incident was not seen by the match officials but caught on video.

Hemed denied the Football Association charge, which was proven after an independent regulatory commission met.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton defended his player after the match, saying: "There has been contact but my first impression is no intent and, knowing the individual, I would say no intent."

Hemed will miss the following Premier League matches:

• 1 October - Arsenal (away)
  • 15 October - Everton (home)
  • 20 October - West Ham (away)

• Administrator

tbh with Conte I don't mind as it's a manager celebrating and most of the stuff you see is directed at his own team. He's very erratic and excitable on the touchline but it seems good natured. 

Klopp pisses me off the amount of times he gets angry with officials and it's passed off as passion but other managers (not just Mourinho) get pulled up for it much quicker. Again, I don't mind if it's celebrating a goal cos I won't deny anyone that. But when he's angry he never seems to get criticised.

Having said that, maybe Mourinho had been given warnings about stepping out and carried on doing it? 

Ah not a Mourinho season without any conspiracy theories or agendas. 

What's more likely, that the FA continue to have an agenda against Mourinho, or there is actually some context within these bans? Such as verbal abuse or as Stan mentioned, continuation of doing so after several warnings? 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

tbh with Conte I don't mind as it's a manager celebrating and most of the stuff you see is directed at his own team. He's very erratic and excitable on the touchline but it seems good natured. 

Klopp pisses me off the amount of times he gets angry with officials and it's passed off as passion but other managers (not just Mourinho) get pulled up for it much quicker. Again, I don't mind if it's celebrating a goal cos I won't deny anyone that. But when he's angry he never seems to get criticised.

Having said that, maybe Mourinho had been given warnings about stepping out and carried on doing it? 

To be fair to Klopp, he's animated all the time on the sidelines, be it celebrating a goal, venting after a wasted opportunity, encouraging the team or crowd, or yelling at officials (which he doesn't actually do much of anymore). I find it (and the media/social media circus around it) quite boring, but he's clearly got this persona as a passionate guy, which is why he might 'get away with it' more than others.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

To be fair to Klopp, he's animated all the time on the sidelines, be it celebrating a goal, venting after a wasted opportunity, encouraging the team or crowd, or yelling at officials (which he doesn't actually do much of anymore). I find it (and the media/social media circus around it) quite boring, but he's clearly got this persona as a passionate guy, which is why he might 'get away with it' more than others.

Good for you.

Though to be fair the media circus about everything these days is an absolute embarrassment. They think nobody notices how much they shove certain narratives down people's throats in order to generate stories down the line when a manager or player turns it around or gets written off/sacked.

Never ceases to amaze me how much the media ruin football (and other sports) when you take a second to think.

Massive overreaction and mostly irrelevant to the original point I know. Sorry not sorry.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

Saturday 30th September, 2017
Bournemouth vs Leicester
Chelsea vs Man City, 17.30
Huddersfield vs Tottenham, 12.30
Man Utd vs Crystal Palace
Stoke vs Southampton
West Brom vs Watford
West Ham vs Swansea

Sunday 1st October, 2017
Arsenal vs Brighton, 12.00