Australian A-League

football forum

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2021 at 19:15, Stan said:

That's some signing! 

Played 9 minutes of game 1. 

Missed the next 2 for no reason. 
Is missing his next because "he's not used to 4 hour flights"
@Dr. Gonzo @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Rick He continues to be a horrible professional and a complete waste of humanity, 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Daniel Sturridge watch. 

0 starts. 

0 goals. 

The A-League needs to stop importing  beyond mediocre attacking talent from overseas and play their  plumbing apprentices that were to skinny or ethnic for AFl/NRL. When was the last time a half decent forward came out of the A-League? Rogic? McClaren doesn’t count because he is a cunt that tried to play for Scotland as if they aren’t as equally shit as the Socceroos. 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Confused in this Melbourne Victory/Wellington game. 

Victory have gone on to score a goal, however referee/VAR ref has brought it back to an incident where a Phoenix player has handballed it and therefore a penalty has been given instead. 

Surely just keep the goal?

On 29/04/2022 at 19:12, Stan said:

Confused in this Melbourne Victory/Wellington game. 

Victory have gone on to score a goal, however referee/VAR ref has brought it back to an incident where a Phoenix player has handballed it and therefore a penalty has been given instead. 

Surely just keep the goal?

Haven't seen it/ Have been very upset this season lol. Fair play to our young lads but wow my club are an absolute joke.

We beat top side, Melbourne City, 2-0 last night, and we played quite well. Outside of Reddy, Lachman and Fitzgerald, the team were super young, by the end of the game all but 2 players were younger than 22.

FUCK YOU MELBOURNE CITY though, had to laugh that we won our 4th game of the season temporarily stopping them win the league.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

On 15/07/2022 at 00:39, Toinho said:

Despite his age, I think he’s going to be a good signing (better than Sturridge etc etc). Shame he didn’t come a couple of years ago. 

How the mighty have fallen, he was a good player at United for a while but then started to try and mimic Ronaldo on the pitch trying to dribble, etc like Ronaldo and it all went ape shit for him, I hope he does not try his celebration somersaults as I always thought one day he would break his bloody neck, I follow Melbourne Victory games as my wee nephew out there goes to all the games.

• 1 month later...

The new season finally kicks off soon and in classic Australian fashion, Perth glory will play the first 10, yep 10 home games at Macedonia Park a ground that is horrendously average and could maybe fit 4-5k….if some temporary seating was added. Absolute shambles of the state government etc not getting our ground ready as it’s having upgrades for the womens World Cup or something! 

My mate is now working for Perth Glory so I’m getting some good inside info and the lads are looking decent but I think finals would be a real struggle still…

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

The new season finally kicks off soon and in classic Australian fashion, Perth glory will play the first 10, yep 10 home games at Macedonia Park a ground that is horrendously average and could maybe fit 4-5k….if some temporary seating was added. Absolute shambles of the state government etc not getting our ground ready as it’s having upgrades for the womens World Cup or something! 

My mate is now working for Perth Glory so I’m getting some good inside info and the lads are looking decent but I think finals would be a real struggle still…

That is really just Australian sports in a nutshell though. One game played at at 120,000 mega-stadium then the next at the local park.

Leichardt Oval

Leichhardt Oval | Austadiums

Telstra Stadium

Stadium Australia - Wikipedia4,032 × 3,024