talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 1-4th January, 2018

football forum

That was not a penalty for me but thats not the reason for Arsenal to drop points if it stays 1-1, there were so many chances but they couldnt finish them so to blame the poor decision is not correct but I fully expect Wenger to go on a rant about it in post match conference.

EDIT: make it 1-2 lol

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That’s not true. For every corner there must be at least 10 fouls committed, each being ‘soft’. 

Should we start seeing penalties given after every corner given? 

Nah, to give a penalty it should be stonewall in my opinion or things will get daft. 

Not until we have a striker and can score without penalties :ph34r:.

1-2 very harsh on Arsenal. That waster Alonso doing the business.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That’s not true. For every corner there must be at least 10 fouls committed, each being ‘soft’. 

Should we start seeing penalties given after every corner given? 

Nah, to give a penalty it should be stonewall in my opinion or things will get daft. 

I suppose; shirt tugging is a really endemic problem though. It's almost arbitrary when it's given and ignored.

34 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

WEAKEST arsenal squad in recent years and the defending champions have struggle last season and this season versus arsenal xD That includes a final! THE WEAKEST ARSENAL in recent years are too much for the defending champs! Like Cicero said, y'all lack world class players 9_9

That's why they're champions comes to mind now :coffee::ph34r:

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

This!

The ref has fucked this game up. Chelsea were gifted a PK this game and vs man utd, they got away with an obvious PK (Cahill on Fellaini) 5 POINTS gifted to Chelsea xD

Penalties against Arsenal..... The gift that keeps on giving.. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

But, you did. You said, "it's either a foul or it's not". So on that basis, if Football was played to the letter of it's laws and every foul was given, it would be a dire game.

But I didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I suppose; shirt tugging is a really endemic problem though. It's almost arbitrary when it's given and ignored.

I just think fouls need to be taken in context by referees. 

You can commit a ‘soft foul’ in the centre of the pitch and it results in nothing, whereas giving ‘soft fouls’ in the box results in penalties that can totally change the result of a game. 

That is why I don’t agree with your original statement that a foul is a foul regardless. In my opinion, to give a penalty, it should be stonewall. Otherwise we will be getting penalties given for the slightest of touches. It’s getting like that now and it’s ridiculous. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived