talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Faithcore & Friends

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chicken is the Bundesliga which cold not have been born had it not been for the Verbandsliga which was created (sadly not born) in about 1903.  Today most of us have difficulty in accepting that the first winner  with any serious results was Vfb Leipzig and others joined in hence the 03 or 04 or 05 bits on the end of many clubs. As VFb seem to set the thing going it is likely that their continued reference as fxxxing Leipzig may have some substance and the rest of us are all descended from their eggs and the family has been falling out ever since.  At the same time the second division seems to have been created from some form of madness and the English word 'beserk' fits that name as the Bezirksliga was adopted as the title for that group and still keeps the 7th and 8th division in the similar madness today - mainly due to lack of funds which the BL rarely shares with them but occasionally offers a few crumbs like promotion each season.  I fist went to Castrop in 1949 and was inducted as a young 'knappen' fan - mainly because there was a lack of soap and we all looked as if we have been dragged out of the collieries! but the Viktoria trophy had been lost (stoledn probably) and the Meisterschale which was nicknamed the 'salad bowl' came into being - probably because it was safe to put all the eggs into one dish and allow the BL to procreate!  Sadly S04 had been used during the war as some sort of propaganda item due to the success and fitness of its players and the youth were encouraged to be like the 'Knappen'  It took some time to get rid of that sad part of our history.  Nowadays there seems to be a similarity with the 1930's as most of the power and money seems to be somewhere in Bavaria and the hard-working guys in the Ruhr and the North are constantly being robbed of their best youngsters who seem mesmerised by the prospect of a better life drinking beer and eating Black Forest Gateau down south.  As for the real answer to the question I, like the rest of the world's population,  who are honest about it, haven't the foggiest idea! 

PS  Sorry about the xxxx bit, but after a few years on here I know you all know what I mean - particularly in respect of Vfb

11 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

The Chicken is the Bundesliga which cold not have been born had it not been for the Verbandsliga which was created (sadly not born) in about 1903.  Today most of us have difficulty in accepting that the first winner  with any serious results was Vfb Leipzig and others joined in hence the 03 or 04 or 05 bits on the end of many clubs. As VFb seem to set the thing going it is likely that their continued reference as fxxxing Leipzig may have some substance and the rest of us are all descended from their eggs and the family has been falling out ever since.  At the same time the second division seems to have been created from some form of madness and the English word 'beserk' fits that name as the Bezirksliga was adopted as the title for that group and still keeps the 7th and 8th division in the similar madness today - mainly due to lack of funds which the BL rarely shares with them but occasionally offers a few crumbs like promotion each season.  I fist went to Castrop in 1949 and was inducted as a young 'knappen' fan - mainly because there was a lack of soap and we all looked as if we have been dragged out of the collieries! but the Viktoria trophy had been lost (stoledn probably) and the Meisterschale which was nicknamed the 'salad bowl' came into being - probably because it was safe to put all the eggs into one dish and allow the BL to procreate!  Sadly S04 had been used during the war as some sort of propaganda item due to the success and fitness of its players and the youth were encouraged to be like the 'Knappen'  It took some time to get rid of that sad part of our history.  Nowadays there seems to be a similarity with the 1930's as most of the power and money seems to be somewhere in Bavaria and the hard-working guys in the Ruhr and the North are constantly being robbed of their best youngsters who seem mesmerised by the prospect of a better life drinking beer and eating Black Forest Gateau down south.  As for the real answer to the question I, like the rest of the world's population,  who are honest about it, haven't the foggiest idea! 

PS  Sorry about the xxxx bit, but after a few years on here I know you all know what I mean - particularly in respect of Vfb

VFB Leipzig are Lokomotive Leipzig nowadays, and therefore aren't referred to as fucking, this reference is restricted to Red Bull, who have nothing to do with the former German record champions. I know you'd like if the adversity  they face being a variant of East/west animosities still it's bit more complicated.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Faithcore did you really not get that?!

I think I have an idea but I'm not completely sure. Both are enjoying a cigarette. That surely must have something to do with it. 

Was the cigarette invented before chicken and egg came to life? If so - by whom? That's why I was hoping @SchalkeUK could know something about it.

• 3 weeks later...

There has been a lack of activity in general on the BL section recently - time Tommy and nudge started to make some contentious comments which will get the somnambulists out of their respective lands of nod - like the fact that someone - despite all their problems with selection and injury -has predicted the men in Green to take 3 points from BVB this weekend - now that's a good place to start!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Afaik @Stan and @Batard have planned something for the weekend to to revive this thread.

Can't wait to see what they are going to do this time.

Oh that's great news! Really looking forward to it. Should probably bring champagne? 

Archived