talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Faithcore & Friends

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Now I feel like Di Caprio at the end of Inception. Everything just made sense but didn't at the same time.

Inception is a child's play compared to DARK. You should watch it.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Inception is a child's play compared to DARK. You should watch it.

Haha I know, comes highly recommended. I saw it regularly come up as a latest post in Film & TV section from you, @Tommy & @Eco last month xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Haha I know, comes highly recommended. I saw it regularly come up as a latest post in Film & TV section from you, @Tommy & @Eco last month xD 

It's fantastic. @Faithcore approves it too, which says a lot, because he only approves things of the highest quality, such as German football quiz, Carbonara, and MSV Duisburg.

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

I CAN ONLY WATCH SO MANY SHOWS STOP xD

Then quit whatever you're watching now and watch Dark instead xD Well, except for Raised by Wolves, as you have to watch it too xD 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's fantastic. @Faithcore approves it too, which says a lot, because he only approves things of the highest quality, such as German football quiz, Carbonara, and MSV Duisburg.

tenor.gif

20 hours ago, Eco said:

Sic Mundus Creatus Est

My kids taking Latin may get that, but for the rest not sure if St Paul (or at that time simply Paul) started it all off in his letter to the folk of Galatia.  Either way that makes Eco No 3.

Actually a very appropriate time to remind Donald of its meaning!  Following your comments after the VP Debate I must admit that If Donald stepped down for Mike, on this evidence the result would be in doubt right up tot he end!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

My kids taking Latin may get that, but for the rest not sure if St Paul (or at that time simply Paul) started it all off in his letter to the folk of Galatia.  Either way that makes Eco No 3.

Actually a very appropriate time to remind Donald of its meaning!  Following your comments after the VP Debate I must admit that If Donald stepped down for Mike, on this evidence the result would be in doubt right up tot he end!

Has nothing to do with Paul, the Galatians, or Christian works altogether (also Paul wrote in Greek...). The original phrase comes from the Emerald Tablet, an important text in alchemy and the Hermetic tradition. What @Eco's alluding to is the TV show called Dark, which extensively uses the phrase and the image of the Emerald Tablet as part of its mythology. Great show, you should watch it. 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Has nothing to do with Paul, the Galatians, or Christian works altogether (also Paul wrote in Greek...). The original phrase comes from the Emerald Tablet, an important text in alchemy and the Hermetic tradition. What @Eco's alluding to is the TV show called Dark, which extensively uses the phrase and the image of the Emerald Tablet as part of its mythology. Great show, you should watch it. 

Warum nicht Waldweg?

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Now that's a first - Inga re-writing history.  The epistles were centuries before the Emerald(Smaragdine)  Tablet was 'discovered' and translated into Latin.  Paul's Greek letter contains the original version of the saying and although there are differences in the actual words (translated or original) the meaning is the same. As for the rest of time travel , I'm still trying to get my head round the new 'Picard' series and still prefer The Morlocks and the Eloi.  After visiting Faro 2 in the Canaries and watching the diners troop in around 6pm each evening -  if you ever want a surrealistic experience try visiting that place - although the Eloi were far more beautiful 9_9

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Now that's a first - Inga re-writing history.  The epistles were centuries before the Emerald(Smaragdine)  Tablet was 'discovered' and translated into Latin.  Paul's Greek letter contains the original version of the saying and although there are differences in the actual words (translated or original) the meaning is the same. As for the rest of time travel , I'm still trying to get my head round the new 'Picard' series and still prefer The Morlocks and the Eloi.  After visiting Faro 2 in the Canaries and watching the diners troop in around 6pm each evening -  if you ever want a surrealistic experience try visiting that place - although the Eloi were far more beautiful 9_9

So if Paul's wording is different, then it's not the same phrase, huh?... As for the meaning and origin, I think you'll find similar sayings in world creation stories from different traditions, and most of those predate the epistles as well, but that's not even the point... The show deals with the exact phrase from the Emerald Tablet with the imagery and symbolism of it.

tmp_GnG3Ce_d4e54ee256e028d4_DARK_S01-EP0

Always enjoy our occasional head to head rants!  Accept that if I say I wouldn't trust Tonnies with a factory clear of Covid, your response about your feelings (or lack of) for 04 would be regarded as similar would be OK.  Main thing is that during the rise of the nastiness in Angelaland you are taking more care as not to do so would reap what you might sew!  Some how we will get through this - despite the Donalds of this world, humanity always seems to sort it - eventually.  I try to retain Billy Joel's long-held wish except when the virus is under consideration - 'What do we keep on fighting for?' although I still try to get my kids not to end their sentences with prepositions!

Stay safe dear lady!

sei net!

• 4 months later...

Archived