• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan Complete Swap Deal

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Better than both for me. Internationally he's been superb. He will come good again.

Maybe right now or a couple of seasons ago but imo Sanchez at his peak wasn't as good as either of those at their peaks.

On 23/03/2018 at 01:18, UNORTHODOX said:

It's kind of funny how shite he's become as soon Mourinho got his hands on him. Imagine what Klopp or pep could do with players like Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial or even Pogba.

Guardiola would quit football if he had to work with a player like Lukaku.

I always thought it was telling that Sanchez has never been the main "man" at a big club fighting for honours. Couldn't hack it at Barce, we went to Arsenal, done well but got nowhere near a league title. Has gone to United now and is having a shocker of a time.

I'm sure he'll be better next season, but I wouldn't rely just on him to win you anything.

Also how Lingard got dropped after that run of form for him was absolutely criminal.

On 23/03/2018 at 19:04, Inverted said:

I think Alexis could have reached the Robben/Ribéry level but he's blown it mightily. 

I think a lot of players could though. Sometimes its work ethic as much as talent.

50 minutes ago, Danny said:

I always thought it was telling that Sanchez has never been the main "man" at a big club fighting for honours. Couldn't hack it at Barce, we went to Arsenal, done well but got nowhere near a league title. Has gone to United now and is having a shocker of a time.

I'm sure he'll be better next season, but I wouldn't rely just on him to win you anything.

Also how Lingard got dropped after that run of form for him was absolutely criminal.

To be fair they're are lots of world class players who couldn't as make it at Barcelona

9 hours ago, Danny said:

It's definitely not justifiable by executing a decision like that one but it's very understandable though.  If you acquire a player like Alexis, it's not to wait for a player like Lingard to lose form so as to then introduce an expensive investment of that type.  Lingard would've instantly known the minute Alexis Sánchez was signed that he would now have high level competition for his position on his hands... Competition that would in effect be discriminatory based on status, probably well earned status which goes beyond factual form.

Like I said, it's not just, but it's unfortunately how it works.  The worst bit isn't that though for me... The worst part is that Alexis will more than probably be given a pardon of months of dodgy low level football (by his standards) to re-encounter form whereas someone like Lingard would never have been offered the same benefit of the doubt and add to that the fact that during this period Lingard will either not be played or played out of position (like Rashford).

• 10 months later...
  • Administrator

Yeah definitely Arsenal, but that's not to say Mkhitaryan has been some kind of reformed player since moving. He's not set the world alight with any kind of performance, not to my memory anyway.

Sanchez still seems the mardy, sulky player that he turned out to be at Arsenal. Until Mourinho left, anyway. Just on a shit load more money as well now.

20 hours ago, Stan said:

Sanchez still seems the mardy, sulky player that he turned out to be at Arsenal. Until Mourinho left, anyway. Just on a shit load more money as well now.

Funny thing is that he was still a lot better in the period he wanted to leave Arsenal than he is now after getting his move. Incredible how his form has gone off a cliff since joining Man Utd. Mkhitaryan is inconsistent but will still turn up with goals and assists now and then. It's not even close when talking about who got the better deal.

17 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Mourinho and Wenger signed them both which says a lot about what shit judges of player they are

Sanchez was our best player until the final season. Also he was a very hard worker as well

52 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Sanchez was our best player until the final season. Also he was a very hard worker as well

Wenger also brought in Henry, who's arguably the best player to play in our league... so it's a bit of a stretch to say he had no eye for talent.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wenger also brought in Henry, who's arguably the best player to play in our league... so it's a bit of a stretch to say he had no eye for talent.

He bought quite alot of good players to be fair :whistling: difficult to know what a player is gonna do in years time

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

He bought quite alot of good players to be fair :whistling: difficult to know what a player is gonna do in years time

I think the biggest issue with Sanchez is he's on massive wages and I don't think he's the type of player to motivate himself really. Before he was probably motivated by money, now he's got shitloads of money coming to him each week.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the biggest issue with Sanchez is he's on massive wages and I don't think he's the type of player to motivate himself really. Before he was probably motivated by money, now he's got shitloads of money coming to him each week.

I don't know. I suppose if you are motivated by money then you might loose motivation if you have more than enough. I don't know if he gets bonuses for good performance or not. You can not perform for loads of reasons though doesn't necessarily mean lack of effort

• Subscriber

Sanchez is the strangest one as he looked massively self motivated for most of his time at Arsenal until the last half season where he just sulked and waited for his move. Didn't seem the type to just be happy when he's pocketing mega bucks and not playing but he's made himself look like that since joining United.

Archived