talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Javi Gracia Hired as New Watford Manager

• The title was changed to Watford Sack Silva
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watford as a club work well, their hierarchy works better than most. The club is built that they can bring in coaches and replace them without losing much, that is a dream for a football club.

I guess what @Cannabis said is the most true, though I reckon there must be issues with training sessions etc for them to pull him rather than just being annoyed he wanted to go to another club.

• Administrator

It is worth remembering Watford are owned by the Pozo family. They’ve a long history of firing managers. At Udinese the managers door was almost revolving at some points. There is speculation Silva lost the dressing room which if true, might be why this has been expedited because I wasn’t surprised to see him sacked. 

Understand completely why they held firm against us because they were doing well but once Silva let it be known he wanted to leave and players themselves were asking Silva if he'd take them with him then the next action from Watford's board should have been about getting a big compensation package. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I think it's more the fact that he wanted to come to Everton and threw his toys out of the pram when that was denied. 

why not sack him there and then? or if not to strengthen a mid-table rival, why not sack him when Allardyce was appointed?

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Fish off.

I was half being serious to be honest. Why wait this long to sack him if that was the intention anyway?

I know they're playing shit and maybe he's lost the dressing room as a result of wanting to go so soon after becoming Watford boss, but the question still stands.

Most clubs won't keep a player who doesn't want to be there at all. Why not the same for a manager?

• Subscriber

They're in freefall yet again so I can kind of understand it. Does seem like the Everton approach for him has sent them tumbling down the table as I think it's pretty clear that he wanted to go and if it's true what people in here say about him taking players with him then it's no surprise they've dipped in form.

Although this dip in form seems to happen to them every year. They actually came 17th last season despite never truly being threatened to go down.

They must be gutted they never took the money for him.

I think Silva's good enough for Watford for sure but it's turned sour to the point it won't get better.

I reckon he's Southampton's manager by the end of the season.

Obviously it's more a case of them being annoyed by his reaction at not being allowed to go to Everton rather than their place in the table. Bit worrying for teams potentially looking to bring him in as a manager that he basically stopped trying.

Archived