talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Facts

football forums

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bored of what, staying awake? I mean there's plenty of things to do, and simple resting or meditation or whatever are still viable options for winding down and recharging whenever it all gets a bit overwhelming!

It would be great, as long as it doesn't automatically mean longer working hours xD 

And yes, we spend about one third of our lives sleeping. That's a bit shit. 

Well, yea. 24 hours is an incredibly long time. You work 8 hours, and than you have 16 hours for all the other activities... then you work 8 hours again and 16 hours again....ok that's just math. But that's A LOT of time. xD

And I'd miss dreams! 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

When you post something random in the thread and people come in and over analyse it's content with Wikipedia and Sleep study data... 

Shocked The Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

It gets better. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It gets better. 

Being able to stay awake 24 hours has both advantages and the disadvantages obviously... Getting some shut eye just to be able to shut the world out for a bit is essential really... but think about how much you could achieve on no sleep at all... If you were the odd one out though and could stay awake for 24 hours I think you would just get shafted the whole time... xD

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Being able to stay awake 24 hours has both advantages and the disadvantages obviously... Getting some shut eye just to be able to shut the world out for a bit is essential really... but think about how much you could achieve on no sleep at all... If you were the odd one out though and could stay awake for 24 hours I think you would just get shafted the whole time... xD

Genuine question: Where does this ambition derive from? Having more  time to do, what I want to do without harming others would be enough for me. even if my achievement stayed modeste?

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Genuine question: Where does this ambition derive from? Having more  time to do, what I want to do without harming others would be enough for me. even if my achievement stayed modeste?

Explain what you mean by this?? 

• Haha 1

Mount Kemukus is a ritual site in Indonesia where people go to have sex with strangers in remembrance of a couple who tried to do it in the woods but were killed by local tribemen, half way during the act. 

Its mostly underground now because of spread of STDs and social backlash

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

223312899_1456455298087482_8772280268440

This might sound and look like a cool idea, but it's silly for several reasons 😅 

1. Why in the world do you need to use plastic packaging for bananas that are packaged by nature already? Just unnecessary waste.

2. Bananas release ethylene gas which helps them ripen, and storing a bunch of them together will make all of them ripen much, much faster, so the advertised difference in levels of ripeness will not hold.

3. Add 1 and 2 together - if you store bananas in a closed bag/package, ethylene gas will not escape and it will speed up the ripening process even further.

4. Why do they call it "one-a-day" and only have 6 bananas??? No bananas on Sunday? xD

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

This might sound and look like a cool idea, but it's silly for several reasons 😅 

1. Why in the world do you need to use plastic packaging for bananas that are packaged by nature already? Just unnecessary waste.

2. Bananas release ethylene gas which helps them ripen, and storing a bunch of them together will make all of them ripen much, much faster, so the advertised difference in levels of ripeness will not hold.

3. Add 1 and 2 together - if you store bananas in a closed bag/package, ethylene gas will not escape and it will speed up the ripening process even further.

4. Why do they call it "one-a-day" and only have 6 bananas??? No bananas on Sunday? xD

I haven't even thought that deeply about it. You're right of course. Seemed like a cool idea at first glance though. 

justin-timberlake-jt.gif

• Haha 1

The hedgehog and the fox is a philosophical concept about two personality types based from a Greek poet " The fox knows many things but hedgehog knows one big idea "

People with fox personalities are more nuanced and apply different techniques in life. Hedgehog ones focus on one mastery.

Sonic the hedgehog and the fox Tales his sidekick are based on this idea. 

On 13/05/2022 at 01:31, Aladdin said:

There are no native inhabitants of British Isles, everyone immigrated from the mainland continent 

In that case there are no native inhabitants of anywhere except where humans first appeared.