talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It's nothing to do with his behavior imo. All about price 

Roman reigning in the purse strings then?

Price of sacking and hiring managers was never a thing until lately.

It's going to be interesting to see Chelsea's transfer activity this summer. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Roman reigning in the purse strings then?

Price of sacking and hiring managers was never a thing until lately.

It's going to be interesting to see Chelsea's transfer activity this summer. 

This new stadium plan is becoming a burden and our club director feels its a good time to take a holiday. 

We did however appoint AVB and Scolari in late June after sacking a manager though. 

I'm going to hold my judgement until after the transfer window, but given how these past two summer windows have been, my hopes are not high. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's nothing to do with his behavior imo. All about price 

The price isn't even that much, you paid more for a less proven manager in AVB. And that was before the market was as insane as it is now.

I can understand wanting to pinch pennies so your new manager had as much as possible to bring in the players he wants. But phase one should be locking down the top choice manager.

I think it could be more of a matter of principal and Roman not wanting to deal with a notorious cunt in AdL and giving into his demands. It's not like Sarri is the only manager out there and maybe he'd rather AdL pay for a second manager he doesn't use than be forced into paying a fee (or the full fee) to a club that's already replaced the outgoing man.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The price isn't even that much, you paid more for a less proven manager in AVB. And that was before the market was as insane as it is now.

I can understand wanting to pinch pennies so your new manager had as much as possible to bring in the players he wants. But phase one should be locking down the top choice manager.

I think it could be more of a matter of principal and Roman not wanting to deal with a notorious cunt in AdL and giving into his demands. It's not like Sarri is the only manager out there and maybe he'd rather AdL pay for a second manager he doesn't use than be forced into paying a fee (or the full fee) to a club that's already replaced the outgoing man.

Sarri literally is the only manager available that can completely change this club's image given the time and resources. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

This new stadium plan is becoming a burden and our club director feels its a good time to take a holiday. 

We did however appoint AVB and Scolari in late June after sacking a manager though. 

I'm going to hold my judgement until after the transfer window, but given how these past two summer windows have been, my hopes are not high. 

After failing to meet expectations, he's going on holiday when the club probably needs him most? This is the time to act fast, land the top targets early, and avoid bidding wars and transfer sagas.

That's a borderline sackable offense.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

After failing to meet expectations, he's going on holiday when the club probably needs him most? This is the time to act fast, land the top targets early, and avoid bidding wars and transfer sagas.

That's a borderline sackable offense.

She 

And I find it incredibly strange the fact the moment Gourlay stepped down and she was appointed, all of these transfer issues started to occur....

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

She 

And I find it incredibly strange the fact the moment Gourlay stepped down and she was appointed, all of these transfer issues started to occur....

She was probably appointed for that reason it seems.

Sarri is a brilliant coach and all that stuff about his attitude doesn’t cut it with me. People behave in a manner that their surroundings allow them to behave. It doesn't mean he’d have done the same here. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

She was probably appointed for that reason it seems.

Sarri is a brilliant coach and all that stuff about his attitude doesn’t cut it with me. People behave in a manner that their surroundings allow them to behave. It doesn't mean he’d have done the same here. 

We wouldn't have inquired in the first place if his past behavior is an issue. What's funny, is that Sky is also reporting that we are looking at Blanc as an alternative, to which he also has a past of ludacris behavior. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We wouldn't have inquired in the first place if his past behavior is an issue. What's funny, is that Sky is also reporting that we are looking at Blanc as an alternative, to which he also has a past of ludacris behavior. 

I remember Laurent Blanc was also shortlisted for the Barça job and I was bemused at the mere mention of his name being a contender because I didn’t get the reason behind the interest. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Sarri literally is the only manager available that can completely change this club's image given the time and resources. 

Well if the goal is to transition to more attacking football... but you probably won't get Sarri until his contract is up/his lawsuit with Napoli is resolved... I have a novel idea...

#WengerIn

This would be: 1.) Hilarious, 2.) Give Chelsea a "transitional" period where they stop playing turgid shite football and transition into something more aesthetically pleasing, 3.) Excellent motivation for Arsene Wenger to show he's not fucking passed it.

Sign him up on a 2 year deal, tell the players "hey if you don't like him, get fucked because he's staying for his contract and you can either adapt to his football or get sold and mercenary players that follow orders, like you twats are supposed to, will be brought in" - to try to end that culture of player power ruling at Chelsea when things go wrong.

Then if he does well, move him up to Director of Football and have him guide Sarri. If he does poorly, it's Wenger so it'll just about be what your last season was for 2 seasons while you save money for the actual manager that comes in.

It's either an awful, terrible, stupid, and utterly mental idea. Or it's a stroke of pure fucking genius and Roman should hire me and I will take his dirty oil money and move back to the UK.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well if the goal is to transition to more attacking football... but you probably won't get Sarri until his contract is up/his lawsuit with Napoli is resolved... I have a novel idea...

#WengerIn

This would be: 1.) Hilarious, 2.) Give Chelsea a "transitional" period where they stop playing turgid shite football and transition into something more aesthetically pleasing, 3.) Excellent motivation for Arsene Wenger to show he's not fucking passed it.

Sign him up on a 2 year deal, tell the players "hey if you don't like him, get fucked because he's staying for his contract and you can either adapt to his football or get sold and mercenary players that follow orders, like you twats are supposed to, will be brought in" - to try to end that culture of player power ruling at Chelsea when things go wrong.

Then if he does well, move him up to Director of Football and have him guide Sarri. If he does poorly, it's Wenger so it'll just about be what your last season was for 2 seasons while you save money for the actual manager that comes in.

It's either an awful, terrible, stupid, and utterly mental idea. Or it's a stroke of pure fucking genius and Roman should hire me and I will take his dirty oil money and move back to the UK.

I doubt Wenger would ever take another Premier League job mate. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

#WengerIn

xD

Thank god.. A smile at the end of a crap day.. It's all sounds just so crazy it really could work!

Just now, Bluewolf said:

xD

Thank god.. A smile at the end of a crap day.. It's all sounds just so crazy it really could work!

It would be so fucking strange... and it probably wouldn't work out at all, but it's also so mental and it has that natural element of PREM DRAMA (Trademark Registered & brought to you by Sky Sports) that our football journos loves so much. So my guess is the media would be all for it and also try to push a narrative that backs him (because that sets up that drama if Chelsea do well with him). But that can be a double edged sword, because the media fucking loved Hodgson with us... and wouldn't give him anywhere near as much criticism as he really deserved, which may have rid us of him earlier.

Would definitely be a good story if he did end up there and ended up doing well. Would also be a decent story if he didn't do well... because we all know it'd be a bit funny.

Speaking of premier league redemption stories that Chelsea could be a part of... Brendan Rodgers coming back would be interesting. Personally, I don't rate him as a manager... I think Suarez made him look better than he was. But there's no denying he can get sides playing attractive football and Chelsea's defense would be the best he's ever worked with so maybe they could cover for some of his tactical failings in the same way Suarez did. If he can do what he did with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling with Hazard & co... that might be nice for Chelsea fans. Especially if the defense bails him out.

I'm just throwing out names here because I don't think you'll get Sarri this summer.

On 5/4/2018 at 02:02, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if Conte shot himself in the foot by Chelsea winning the title last season (as weird as that is to say). I think that boosted expectations pretty high for him to keep delivering and while Chelsea have a strong squad, it's clear the extra games from Europe had at least somewhat of an impact. And the fact that other clubs at the top got a bit stronger (other than Arsenal).

many people gave chelsea the impression of being LUCKY to not be in the UCL when they won the  EPL and waited when it's time for them to go to europe and play some crucial games ... and boy oh facking boy did chelsea prove to the world that what everyone has thought has been true.

conte is a cunt with his -- I DIDNT GET THE PLAYERS I WANTED -- stance, if you're a good coach, then you should do what you're supposed to be good at, coaching/managing the squad that's available to you ....

It would be so fucking strange... and it probably wouldn't work out at all, but it's also so mental and it has that natural element of PREM DRAMA (Trademark Registered & brought to you by Sky Sports) that our football journos loves so much. So my guess is the media would be all for it and also try to push a narrative that backs him (because that sets up that drama if Chelsea do well with him). But that can be a double edged sword, because the media fucking loved Hodgson with us... and wouldn't give him anywhere near as much criticism as he really deserved, which may have rid us of him earlier.

Would definitely be a good story if he did end up there and ended up doing well. Would also be a decent story if he didn't do well... because we all know it'd be a bit funny.

Speaking of premier league redemption stories that Chelsea could be a part of... Brendan Rodgers coming back would be interesting. Personally, I don't rate him as a manager... I think Suarez made him look better than he was. But there's no denying he can get sides playing attractive football and Chelsea's defense would be the best he's ever worked with so maybe they could cover for some of his tactical failings in the same way Suarez did. If he can do what he did with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling with Hazard & co... that might be nice for Chelsea fans. Especially if the defense bails him out.

I'm just throwing out names here because I don't think you'll get Sarri this summer.

We do seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment... 

With Abramovich having been chased out of town by the Government Sherriff and the stadium on hold if not abandoned altogether, Then the rumours about Hazard, Courtois & Kante, Then there's you throwing manager names around like wedding confetti... Wenger, Rodgers, I mean we are not only scraping the bottom of the barrel here but lifting it up and scraping underneath it now... 

Things are looking grim all round... Could this be a slow return to the dark days of Chelsea FC?? The ones where we finished in mid table and flirted every now and then with relegation???

A lot of our hardcore 2004 fans that have been with us since the club began will be jumping ship left right and centre if that happened looking ever upward towards the mighty Man City and wondering just how much they could get in part exchange from a dark blue to a light blue kit at the club shop.. 

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We do seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment... 

With Abramovich having been chased out of town by the Government Sherriff and the stadium on hold if not abandoned altogether, Then the rumours about Hazard, Courtois & Kante, Then there's you throwing manager names around like wedding confetti... Wenger, Rodgers, I mean we are not only scraping the bottom of the barrel here but lifting it up and scraping underneath it now... 

Things are looking grim all round... Could this be a slow return to the dark days of Chelsea FC?? The ones where we finished in mid table and flirted every now and then with relegation???

A lot of our hardcore 2004 fans that have been with us since the club began will be jumping ship left right and centre if that happened looking ever upward towards the mighty Man City and wondering just how much they could get in part exchange from a dark blue to a light blue kit at the club shop.. 

It's not like I've said you should get Fat Sam. Although now that I think about it... Fat Sam at Chelsea makes sense, if you want to go down the low-budget Mourinho route.

Sarri... not Sarri :ph34r:

It's not like I've said you should get Fat Sam. Although now that I think about it... Fat Sam at Chelsea makes sense, if you want to go down the low-budget Mourinho route.

Sarri... not Sarri :ph34r:

I had a lot of respect for your opinions until you said that... 

Image result for no punch gif

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Whispers going around we've agreed terms with Sarri, now just working out a price with Napoli. 

Crazy politics, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri for the past month+

Will they fucking sort the manager already, either keep Conte or sign Sarri simple as that.

16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Crazy politics, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri, yes Sarri no Sarri for the past month+

Will they fucking sort the manager already, either keep Conte or sign Sarri simple as that.

Agreed. Arsenal have finished below us, and they've already signed 3, going on 4 players and appointed a manager all before the world cup. 

The shithousery that continues at the board level needs to be dealt with. Amazing how its now 3 years straight we continue with the same penny pinching bull shit, all at the same time buying Drinkwater for 30 fucking million whilst our academy product is now playing at the world cup. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived