talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

42 minutes ago, Asura said:

If Barcelona didnt sell Neymar, would they have bought Dembele (and possibly Coutinho too) ?

They probably would've still wanted Coutinho but I doubt they could've made a bid that Liverpool would've accepted if PSG didn't buy Neymar for a crazy amount.

@SirBalon and @6666 I know that, especially about Dembele. But I only asked that Q because of the numbers posted above which included the purchases of Dembele and Coutinho but not the sale of Neymar. If Neymar wasnt sold then their spending wouldnt be that high as they wouldnt have bought in those two players.  In short, it should be the net spending that should be considered, moreover barcelona would proably be still happy to keep nemyar instead of dembele and possibly countinho too for that price.

13 minutes ago, Asura said:

@SirBalon and @6666 I know that, especially about Dembele. But I only asked that Q because of the numbers posted above which included the purchases of Dembele and Coutinho but not the sale of Neymar. If Neymar wasnt sold then their spending wouldnt be that high as they wouldnt have bought in those two players.  In short, it should be the net spending that should be considered, moreover barcelona would proably be still happy to keep nemyar instead of dembele and possibly countinho too for that price.

Before Neymar had gone or Barça even knew Neymar was dealing behind their backs, the plan was to bring in three players which were Verratti, Mina or Iñigo Martínez and Coutinho.  The funds were there for all three players.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Before Neymar had gone or Barça even knew Neymar was dealing behind their backs, the plan was to bring in three players which were Verratti, Mina or Iñigo Martínez and Coutinho.  The funds were there for all three players.

yeah mate but what im trying to say is they wouldnt have spent 150mill (or whatever that number is) for Coutinho if Neymar didnt leave. Just trying to dispute what teso posted in the previous thread about barcelona's spending. 

4 hours ago, Asura said:

yeah mate but what im trying to say is they wouldnt have spent 150mill (or whatever that number is) for Coutinho if Neymar didnt leave. Just trying to dispute what teso posted in the previous thread about barcelona's spending. 

Oh, right!  No, they definitely wouldn’t have spent that amount on Coutinho because even in the hypothetical world of them going in for Dembélé, they wouldn’t have spent what they did because the Neymar move wouldn’t have happened and nobody would’ve witnessed one club spend €220m (£207m) on a player.

It’s like Liverpool now... Whatever move they look to make in the transfer window, the club that could potentially lose their player to them will want a lot more that they would’ve before Coutinho moved to Barcelona.

Personally I think it's about getting rid of players now and having a bit of a clear out.

Maybe loan out both Rafinha and Deulofeu for now rather than sell.

Sell Andre Gomes and Turan. I'd also say Vidal as well. He does a job when called upon but wants to be playing more.

Promote Arnaiz and Aleña.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Personally I think it's about getting rid of players now and having a bit of a clear out.

Maybe loan out both Rafinha and Deulofeu for now rather than sell.

Sell Andre Gomes and Turan. I'd also say Vidal as well. He does a job when called upon but wants to be playing more.

Promote Arnaiz and Aleña.

How much longer can they get Deulofeu out on loan though?

Personally I think it would be the best allround to sell Deulofeu as I doubt he will ever make the grade unfortunately. But selling him might be difficult in January and a loan may be the only option for now. I've heard both Milan clubs are in for him?

49 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Everyone acting like Barcelona came out winning 😂 Jesus Christ!!!! Guess the cules have forgotten how much fucking money Neymar and his dad squeezed out of them. (Didn't he receive a loyalty fee before he left?) "Barcelona spending that Neymar money".... They were lucky to break out even. They spent MILLIONS legally/illegally trying to secure the guy who was going to take over after messi. They are the new real Madrid and they are loving it! fUCKING hypocrites

I'd agree with you if all this money was spent without Neymar being sold, but since he was sold, it was only right the board spent ALL of the money(plus what they were spending already) since it was a massive fuck up on their behalf. If you lose players, you use the money to restrengthen mate. Losing a player like Neymar is massive. He needed replacing so you have to bring players in.

Then again, Dembele has been injured this season, Coutinho hasn't kicked a ball yet and the team still manage to sit comfortably at the top of la liga. So it just shows A) How Neymar wasn't anywhere near being the saviour that people such as yourself thought and B) there wasn't a real rush to invest the money, there wasn't a panic. I agree in that respect.

The thing is with both Dembele and Coutinho, is that they are also the near future, just like Ter Stegen, Semedo, Umtiti, etc, so if you don't grab them now, somebody else will and that's one of the downsides to the current game. If Real Madrid were building a squad like this(or United), then you would be full of praise. You also didn't seem to mind United buying both Pogba and Lukaku for near world record fees at the time of their purchases.

I've got to say though, that I don't agree about the fees. None of these players are worth what they were bought for, but football has gone mad.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Everyone acting like Barcelona came out winning 😂 Jesus Christ!!!! Guess the cules have forgotten how much fucking money Neymar and his dad squeezed out of them. (Didn't he receive a loyalty fee before he left?) "Barcelona spending that Neymar money".... They were lucky to break out even. They spent MILLIONS legally/illegally trying to secure the guy who was going to take over after messi. They are the new real Madrid and they are loving it! fUCKING hypocrites

You’re right that Neymar and especially his father squeezed the club for every cent they could get... As for the loyalty payment for the new contract he signed four months before they became a parody of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Barcelona didn’t pay it and won’t pay it because for the simple fact that there was no loyalty.

The legal cases concerning Neymar’s transfer to Barcelona... Bloody hell mate, that wasn’t the Nixon Watergate case or the OJ Simpson case!  Even then those legal cases never spent €200m on that and neither did Barcelona.

Another thing I do agree with you on is that indeed FC Barcelona have indeed become hypcrcrites in terms of they’ve become an out and out buying club like Real Madrid have always been. This board should think twice about creating and displaying their gigantic banners or mosaics before games referring to La Masia.

But let’s also celebrate that the fact Barça got into all that trouble revolving the signing of Neymar and the financial numbers they were trying to keep secret is all down to a Barcelona fan, Jordi Cases who took the club to court because he cared about the club and over 70% of the members (fans) supported him in doing so.  That’s a far cry from all the legal battles that don’t get publicised as much by the centralised Spanish media on everything surrounding Real Madrid like their greasing of politicians for the sale of their old training facilities so as to build Valdebebas (their present training city), their greasing of politicians for the right to rebuild the Santiago Bernabéu into a spaceship and all the tax scandals that are currently going through the courts...  No Real Madrid socio has as much as muttered and lifted a whisper against the club’s involvement in all of this corruption.  But then again this is nothing new and it’s historic how silent everything has always been in situations such as these with that club.  It gets a column every now and then but not much else.

There’s nothing clean about either club but I suppose you’re right again in the sense that Barcelona have gone around publicising their holier than thou persona throughout the world... Hold on!  Forgot about one of Real Madrid’s biggest mottos which is SEÑORÍO!  I’ll leave that simple word for people to use Google Translate on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Another astute capture by Barcelona, replacing the old (yet wonderful servant) in Mascherano with the "new guard" in Mina. 

It'll be interesting to see how he develops and adapts from South America to playing in Europe at the biggest club in the world. 

He´ll do just fine. Mina is really good and used to play in a club bigger than Barcelona. xD

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Another astute capture by Barcelona, replacing the old (yet wonderful servant) in Mascherano with the "new guard" in Mina. 

It'll be interesting to see how he develops and adapts from South America to playing in Europe at the biggest club in the world. 

That's a silly thing to say mate. I've said it before, South American teams aren't exactly of a top standard, but some of the individual talent there is good enough for Europe. Armani, Guerrero and Mina are the 3 that come to mind.

dont listen to that euro centric Smiley Culture. You don't have to play in Europe to be a top player.

Edited by Guest

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's a silly thing to say mate. I've said it before, South American teams aren't exactly of a top standard, but some of the individual talent there is good enough for Europe. Armani, Guerrero and Mina are the 3 that come to mind.

dont listen to that euro centric Smiley Culture. You don't have to play in Europe to be a top player.

does help though. and look at the rest of his sentence. 'at the biggest club in the world'. Hope he develops and adapts accordingly and to the standard that Barcelona require.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

does help though. and look at the rest of his sentence. 'at the biggest club in the world'. Hope he develops and adapts accordingly and to the standard that Barcelona require.

You're right that it helps, and it gives you a higher stature but you don't HAVE to.

one thing the Europeans often don't realize and it's something I try to stress often is that the rest of the continent is overlooked by Brazil and Argentina.

Put it this way, you could have a really good striker playing in Peru or Colombia who are doing well at international level but the European club will go for the Brazilian all day long because they have a proper name in football. In retrospect, you could be buying Jo over a Falcao. The whole continent is stacked with talent. Right now the only country without a great top player is Bolivia.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

The standards required to play at Barcelona are probably the highest in the world and Mina is certainly going to face much better competition now. But in terms of media exposure and pressure, playing in a club like Palmeiras gives him a much better experience than playing in a mid-table european club.

This is an important factor and this experience should help him to adapt. Palmeiras is a huge club and the fans are particulary tough and demanding, not to mention the non-stop media coverage surrounding Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo clubs. 

On the pitch, his passing is a bit rough at times, he will have to improve that, but he already has the physical presence and the instincts of a great defender. This is a great signing for Barcelona. 

The only downside is that Arthur won´t come now.

Edited by El_Loco
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

You're right that it helps, and it gives you a higher stature but you don't HAVE to.

one thing the Europeans often don't realize and it's something I try to stress often is that the rest of the continent is overlooked by Brazil and Argentina.

Put it this way, you could have a really good striker playing in Peru or Colombia who are doing well at international level but the European club will go for the Brazilian all day long because they have a proper name in football. In retrospect, you could be buying Jo over a Falcao. The whole continent is stacked with talent. Right now the only country without a great top player is Bolivia.

That’s why Spain, Portugal and Italy have top quality scouts all over Latin America including Central America... The names that have gone through all three leagues over the decades shows us all this.

From what I’ve learned about Yerry Mina through listening to experts, reading and watching some videos is that he’s ready for Europe without a doubt and that his defensive qualities are top level. His heading ability both defensively and in set pieces is better than anything we have in Europe right now. But he does lack pace for a side like Barça that plays a very high line almost on the halfway line of the pitch. That last detail is the only issue!

But check this out... He cost €11m (just over £9m) and Liverpool spent £75m a week ago.  This is why La Liga does so much good work in this aspect. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How would you lot reckon Vidal could do in the premier as a RWB? 

well he's a central midfielder so not very well

:ph34r: