talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

On 2/4/2018 at 19:10, Danny said:

Glory hunter from nowhere near Barcelona cries over the team she has no connection with :coffee:

Dude honestly who cares. Let people support who they want.

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The cross by Suárez for Coutinho’s goal is incredible and looks a lot easier than it actually was.  There’s a funny bit where Rakitić takes a wild shot which goes wide and Luis Suárez was free in the centre...  Suárez goes mental and looks like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings xD.  And the save by Jasper Cillessen on 75 minutes is total :o.

On 09/02/2018 at 08:37, SirBalon said:

The cross by Suárez for Coutinho’s goal is incredible and looks a lot easier than it actually was.  There’s a funny bit where Rakitić takes a wild shot which goes wide and Luis Suárez was free in the centre...  Suárez goes mental and looks like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings xD.  And the save by Jasper Cillessen on 75 minutes is total :o.

Look at the reaction to the Cillessen save where he's on the bench talking to Ter Stegen xD.

Excellent save for anybody's standards. He's a very underappreciated keeper Cillessen as @VanPaddy has said before. The problem is, he doesn't play enough. Saves like that make you realise how he is probably too good to be a 2nd choice at a club, although all the better for Barcelona to have two keepers of such quality. Ter Stegen is obviously the better of the 2, but the team are also always in safe hands with the Dutchman between the sticks as he has shown in the Copa America again this season.

41 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Look at the reaction to the Cillessen save where he's on the bench talking to Ter Stegen xD.

Excellent save for anybody's standards. He's a very underappreciated keeper Cillessen as @VanPaddy has said before. The problem is, he doesn't play enough. Saves like that make you realise how he is probably too good to be a 2nd choice at a club, although all the better for Barcelona to have two keepers of such quality. Ter Stegen is obviously the better of the 2, but the team are also always in safe hands with the Dutchman between the sticks as he has shown in the Copa America again this season.

Yeah, Cillessen is a top quality keeper and he’s shown it in the past for both Ajax and Holland... He went through a bad patch and was wrongly labelled a one spell player.  He is top draw quality and he’s only conceded 2 goals in all the games he’s played for Barcelona so far.

46 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Also not a lot has been said about the goal Barcelona conceded against Espanyol..

That goal Ter Stegen almost saved and was impossible to save.  He was very unlucky when he saves it that the spin on the bounce takes carries it.

Lionel Messi DEMANDS signing of Manchester City defender

LIONEL MESSI is demanding Barcelona swoop for Manchester City right-back Pablo Maffeo.

The 20-year-old has caught the eye during a loan spell with La Liga outfit Girona this season and, according to Spanish publication Don Balon, Messi has asked Nou Camp chiefs to launch a move for his signature.

Maffeo caught the Barcelona superstar’s attention when he impressively man marked him in a league clash last September. 

Messi struggled to influence the 3-0 win and was so impressed that he began talking to Maffeo midway through the game. 

“He asked me how old I was and if I was a Manchester City fan,” the City loanee said after the match.

“It is very kind (to say that).”

He added: “I had to mark him and I had to be close to him and not watch the ball.

“It is difficult, not just from a football perspective, but also psychologically.

“I appreciate the trust the coach placed in me.”

Maffeo joined City from Espanyol in 2015 but moved back to Spain on loan to Girona last season after making only a handful of appearances.

He has featured 20 times in all competitions for Girona this season and is also capable of playing on the right-hand side of midfield. 

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has mostly used midfielder Sergi Roberto at right-back while Nelson Semedo is also on the club’s books. 

But Don Balon claim Messi believes Maffeo is ready to make the step up at the Nou Camp.

The Spain Under-21 international would reportedly cost around £22million (€25m) but it is claimed Messi believes he could make the right-back position his own for the next 10 years. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/917351/Barcelona-News-Lionel-Messi-Manchester-City-Pablo-Maffeo-La-Liga-Girona-Gossip

If you guys remember I posted about the brand that made Barcelona's kits throughout most of the 70s, through the whole of the 80s and all the way till 1994 before Kappa took over.  That brand is MEYBA and I posted the fact they had been permitted to make the replica football shirt from 1992 when Barça won their first Champions League at Wembley against Sampdoria.

Well now they've released two tracksuit jackets from that era.  A green replica of the then goalkeeper Andoni Zubizarreta and the outfield players track top in navy blue.

I want to buy one but I don't know which one to choose.  Maybe you guys can help me out? (Remember it's to wear cuasually in the summer with either shorts or jeans.

@Cannabis @The Rebel CRS @Stan @Cicero @nudge @Asura @True Blue @Spike

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

Go for the Green one mate, the other one looks like a pretty regular boring black/navy coloured jacket

I like the green one but I do have one problem with it and that is the higher collar which in summer can be a bugger... That's my only issue with it.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If you guys remember I posted about the brand that made Barcelona's kits throughout most of the 70s, through the whole of the 80s and all the way till 1994 before Kappa took over.  That brand is MEYBA and I posted the fact they had been permitted to make the replica football shirt from 1992 when Barça won their first Champions League at Wembley against Sampdoria.

Well now they've released two tracksuit jackets from that era.  A green replica of the then goalkeeper Andoni Zubizarreta and the outfield players track top in navy blue.

I want to buy one but I don't know which one to choose.  Maybe you guys can help me out? (Remember it's to wear cuasually in the summer with either shorts or jeans.

@Cannabis @The Rebel CRS @Stan @Cicero @nudge @Asura @True Blue @Spike

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All look shite, but if you have to the 1st or the 2nd

Ousmane Dembélé reported injured again and didn't attend training xD.

The truth is that the news being filtered isn't related to anything muscular and istead a stomach bug, but this guy hasn't started to well in all of this. Sounds like he'd fit in well with us at Arsenal though. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

would explain how shit he played yesterday to be fair. 

It's too early and unfair to judge him but right now from the very little that's been able to be seen I don't see him fitting into the system.  What's more, for him to actually be a protagonist, the game would have to revolve around him.  I say this for a reason which is that he reminds me a lot of Alexis Sánchez while at Barça in terms of holding onto the ball for so long and then with his mind set on a personal opening his second option (passing) isn't up to scratch.

Like I said, it's unfair to be honest and very early because he hasn't even had a proper go at it.  He also seems very fragile!

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I like the green one but I do have one problem with it and that is the higher collar which in summer can be a bugger... That's my only issue with it.

The Green one screama Basque

I initally thought it was a bilbao trainig  top

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Green one screama Basque

I initally thought it was a bilbao trainig  top

As you can see in the picture below, Zubizarreta's keeper's top was exactly the same as the track top.  Yeah, it does kind of look like an Athletic away kit they had some years back.

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I thought you roam without wearing anything in summers though  :what:

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ousmane Dembélé reported injured again and didn't attend training xD.

The truth is that the news being filtered isn't related to anything muscular and istead a stomach bug, but this guy hasn't started to well in all of this. Sounds like he'd fit in well with us at Arsenal though. :ph34r:

I agree. He´d be a better fit for Arsenal, with a french coach and more francophone players surrounding him. At Barcelona he looks kinda unsettled. Suárez and Messi have a very strong bond on and off the pitch and it must be a hard to an european kid to blend in.