talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

31 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I agree. He´d be a better fit for Arsenal, with a french coach and more francophone players surrounding him. At Barcelona he looks kinda unsettled. Suárez and Messi have a very strong bond on and off the pitch and it must be a hard to an european kid to blend in. 

I mean, it's way too early to judge him because the chap really hasn't had a chance.  At first he didn't get into the team because he'd been injured for a while at Borussia Dortmund and plus he was new.  Then he started making substitute appearances as do all new players and suddenly in his first full appearance he got injured and was out for nearly four months.  Comes back and in his first game back gets injured for almost a month... Comes back against Getafe and now he's got a stomach bug.  It's unfair to judge him but I have a feeling he just won't fit in.  Nothing I've read or heard, just me and my experience over the years watching new players go to that club which is why I compared him to Alexis because his game has a lot in common with his.

Only time will tell but the amount invested in him and the fact it's known they chose him over Kylian Mbappé will have the technical team watching it all like a hawk because the socios are volatile at Barça.

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I've also thought the same way as you.

In general (not because it's between the two) do you think of the navy one as a casual track top to go with jeans and the sort?

Navy one would be fine with jeans, wouldn't even know it was mean to have tracksuit bottoms

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

There seems to be various ways to ascertain someone's intelligence and Suárez definitely came third out of three in that test! xD

it seems like he really struggled!!

On 2/11/2018 at 10:45, The Rebel CRS said:

Look at the reaction to the Cillessen save where he's on the bench talking to Ter Stegen xD.

Excellent save for anybody's standards. He's a very underappreciated keeper Cillessen as @VanPaddy has said before. The problem is, he doesn't play enough. Saves like that make you realise how he is probably too good to be a 2nd choice at a club, although all the better for Barcelona to have two keepers of such quality. Ter Stegen is obviously the better of the 2, but the team are also always in safe hands with the Dutchman between the sticks as he has shown in the Copa America again this season.

Yea he is ok, people do not seem that keen on him though because of his built, but he is always so cool and confident, he really should be playing first team football though. 

img_ssole_20180219-162329_imagenes_md_ot

Gary Lineker with his four sons went to Grosvenor House in Mayfair where the FC Barcelona expedition are staying before tomorrow night's Champions League tie against Chelsea.  Some were rather surprised he made it so public with Chelsea being an English club.

31 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Barcelona scout Jose Mari Bakero was present for the Eredivisie clash against Zwolle, where he watched Justin Kluivert, Matthijs De Ligt, Donny van de Beek and Frenkie de Jong.

Justin Kluivert has been connected to Barcelona for quite some time now. Some months back his father Patrick Kluivert said in Spanish radio that his dream would be to see his son one day at Barça but only when he’s totally formed and ready. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Justin Kluivert has been connected to Barcelona for quite some time now. Some months back his father Patrick Kluivert said in Spanish radio that his dream would be to see his son one day at Barça but only when he’s totally formed and ready. 

Kluiverts other son is in the Barcelona youth.  But Justin should stay in Amsterdam until he is 21, its not like he does need the money due to his up bringing. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I hope it’s for real because I’m really excited about this particular signing if it happens.

The outlets reporting it are reliable. This is hardly a surprise, it seemed for quite a while now that Arthur wanted to play for Barcelona. 

I´m not sure about his playing time,  but this is a conversation for 2019. You´re getting a really good player. Nice deal for Barça.

16 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

The outlets reporting it are reliable. This is hardly a surprise, it seemed for quite a while now that Arthur wanted to play for Barcelona. 

I´m not sure about his playing time,  but this is a conversation for 2019. You´re getting a really good player. Nice deal for Barça.

From what I understood some weeks back is that Arthur would be either loaned back out to Gremio or to someone in Europe so that when he does arrive he will slot right into the first squad. I think if he does eventually sign he will be being signed to be a first team player. Everything I hear and read is of a player that’s quite special and unique. 

The latest news this morning on Arthur to FC Barcelona comes from Brazilian sports media UOL and O Globo who are adamant the agreement between all three parties (Arthur, Gremio and Barça) is closed and set at €30m plus €10m in variables. In Brazil they’re saying that the announcement will be imminent but Barcelona sources are saying the deal isn’t yet closed and that from their part work is still in progress and isn’t imminent.

45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

New Deal for Roberto 

Really happy with this although I think he could do a lot better by moving and being a top midfielder anywhere he wants without being a handyman for Barcelona.

Sergi Roberto is a brilliant player and one that could play for any club in midfield.

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

There is no synchronised diving thread

I can make one for you. In all honesty, they wear too much make up to really be able to ascertain how fit they are. I definitely love that scissor action they do with their legs. :ph34r: 

Anyway... Wasn’t watching the diving that day and instead how Busquets bossed everyone and everything surrounding him.