• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oh that's nailed on Sanchez coming back to Barca 

Back it then, you'll ge 30/1 on that right now. xD

Be very surprised if this happens even after all these reports. But if it does who are we saying will replace him??

The boys are in the US for the preseason tour. It's just preseason but personally can't wait to see the lads back in action again, and can't wait to see how Valverde starts translating his ideas onto the pitch. 

FC BARCELONA PRESEASON FIXTURES 2017-18

Barcelona VS Juventus-Saturday July 22nd, 6:05pm GMT-4, 11:05pm GMT+1

Barcelona VS Manchester United-Wednesday 26th July, 7:30pm GMT-4, 12:30am on the 27th GMT+1

El Clasico-Barcelona VS Real Madrid-Saturday 29th July, 8:05pm GMT-4, 1:05am on the 30th GMT+1

Joan Gamper Trophy-Chapecoense VS Barcelona-Monday 7th August, 6am GMT-4, 11am GMT+1

(Barca opens the season vs Real Betis at the Camp Nou, just like last season)

OFFICIAL: El Clasico dates

Real Madrid vs Barcelona (Matchday 17) - 20th December Santiago Bernabeu (may be moved cos of the Club World Cup)
Barcelona vs Real Madrid (Matchday 36) - 6th May Camp Nou (may very well be the title decider)

Anyone attending matches at the Camp Nou this season?

I was thinking there's a chance both Clasicos could be really close together....Madrid are playing at the Club World Cup, so I think the first one will be postponed, and since we both play in the Champions League, they would have to reschedule it to closer towards the end of the season, like Madrid's match against Celta last season

What if it's a straight shootout for the title over two legs, basically xD

1494237159540.jpg

Xavi Simons: To live like a star at 14

He's named after his father's favourite footballer (Xavi Hernández) and he's one of the most coveted children playing football on the planet.  Xavi Simons continues to be destined for great things and his route remains being a rock steady one towards playing and being part of something that's so difficult for any youngster anywhere at any club in the world but even more difficult at FC Barcelona...  The first team!

He is a phenomenon...  He's had scouts from every top club in Europe sitting in on games since he was 7 years old and he continues to shine by having to be played in teams that are 4 to 5 years older than him.  The can't play him any higher than that because it would literally mean him playing in Spain's second division which is where Barcelona 'B' reside and that's illegal at his age due to federative rules.

shavi_simons_1.jpg

So popular he's become that even on social media where he tends to post things that most kids his age do, that he's accumulated 30,000 followers on Instagram...  Followers from far away like Japan, USA and even Australia.  He's got followers in their masses from England, Italy, Portugal, Germany and Holland...  Winner on already two occasions of the Youth Ballon d'Or (a record) and subject to football tourists visiting Barcelona attending cadet games to see him.  What's it all like for a kid that's only just turned 14?  Can this be good and where will it take him?  There's a hard job at hand here not only with the club if they want him to continue his path to glory, but also his parents because at the end of the day he's a child.  But then again the same situation was lived by Messi and Iniesta while living at La Masia and their path turned into a legendary one.  While another that looked destined for great things like Gai Assulin fell by the wasteside unfortunately.

Edited by SirBalon

It was a positive and encouraging start last night in the 2-1 win over Juventus. The pressing was great, for the first time in forever we actually dominated the midfield. I love how Valverde utitilised the players as well, with Denis and Arda not being used as CM's. Semedo made his debut and played it safe and shy, I hope soon we start seeing the flair that he usually plays with and not that more reserved version of him, but he was good. Samper, Alena and Marlon all put in promising and great performances, and I loved Sergi Roberto in midfield! Also, special mention to the wonderful, sublime performance Neymar put in, both goals, but especially the second one where he beat five Juve players before putting it past Buffon, were simply incredible. 

It was a great day at the office, started just the way we mean to go on. Positive signs early on, now we need to keep improving and keep heading in the right direction. 

14 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

It was a positive and encouraging start last night in the 2-1 win over Juventus. The pressing was great, for the first time in forever we actually dominated the midfield. I love how Valverde utitilised the players as well, with Denis and Arda not being used as CM's. Semedo made his debut and played it safe and shy, I hope soon we start seeing the flair that he usually plays with and not that more reserved version of him, but he was good. Samper, Alena and Marlon all put in promising and great performances, and I loved Sergi Roberto in midfield! Also, special mention to the wonderful, sublime performance Neymar put in, both goals, but especially the second one where he beat five Juve players before putting it past Buffon, were simply incredible. 

It was a great day at the office, started just the way we mean to go on. Positive signs early on, now we need to keep improving and keep heading in the right direction. 

Do you know about the meeting between Neymar's money thirsty father and the Barça directors that were there?

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do you know about the meeting between Neymar's money thirsty father and the Barça directors that were there?

I heard about it....they said Neymar reassured his teammates that he would stay but when Neymar Sr met with the directors, it didn't go well and they expect Neymar to leave

I don't really blame Neymar for this, his father is the one who deserves the blame. Is it €10 Neymar earns at Barcelona? 

1 minute ago, Messiesta said:

I heard about it....they said Neymar reassured his teammates that he would stay but when Neymar Sr met with the directors, it didn't go well and they expect Neymar to leave

I don't really blame Neymar for this, his father is the one who deserves the blame. Is it €10 Neymar earns at Barcelona? 

Neymar renewed for €12m a year at Barça.

Neymar apparently wants to stay (although I don't know what to believe) and apparently the PSG negotiations are so advanced and so complicated that it's hard to go back on the deal now.  Indeed the instigator and the one in charge of all of this is Neymar's father.  Neymar senior stands to earn €40m (the same as he earned off the move from Santos to Barça) and that's a telling factor.  Barcelona don't want to give his father another cent off the books because they got into trouble for it the last time seeing as his father decided not to pay tax on the earner and wanted either FC Barcelona or Santos to meet the fiscal bill.

There's another meeting scheduled for tonight with the Barcelona board members present in New York (the president being one of those)...  Probably the final meeting before Neymar's immediate destiny is resolved.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Neymar renewed for €12m a year at Barça.

Neymar apparently wants to stay (although I don't know what to believe) and apparently the PSG negotiations are so advanced and so complicated that it's hard to go back on the deal now.  Indeed the instigator and the one in charge of all of this is Neymar's father.  Neymar senior stands to earn €40m (the same as he earned off the move from Santos to Barça) and that's a telling factor.  Barcelona don't want to give his father another cent off the books because they got into trouble for it the last time seeing as his father decided not to pay tax on the earner and wanted either FC Barcelona or Santos to meet the fiscal bill.

There's another meeting scheduled for tonight with the Barcelona board members present in New York (the president being one of those)...  Probably the final meeting before Neymar's immediate destiny is resolved.

That's great...whether he stays or goes I just want this saga to finally end, so hopefully it does after that meeting

Did Neymar's performance last night made you desperate to keep hold of him or do you still not really care if he leaves?

1 minute ago, Messiesta said:

That's great...whether he stays or goes I just want this saga to finally end, so hopefully it does after that meeting

Did Neymar's performance last night made you desperate to keep hold of him or do you still not really care if he leaves?

Indeed...  Each day that passes I want ti to be over.  Infact I want him to go!

His performance was great and everything I know and expect from him.  He was out to prove a point and HE himself knows his teammates helped him achieve exactly what he wanted.  It's all upto him now or maybe his father.

As for what I want...  I don't like that type of individual and anyone already earning perverse wages has no sympathy with me in any walk of life.  They're as low as a thief and more so someone that hasn't paid their taxes like himself and his father.  But then again maybe his father is to blame for all of that too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Am I the only one that thinks losing Neymar would be disastrous? People around the internet seem to be brushing this news off as if he's some spoiled brat where in my opinion he is just as important as Suarez and Messi. People seem to be forgetting the effectiveness of the ''MSN'' and what the Brazilian brings to the team, sure with the money that Barcelona get they can reinvested but I'd rather keep the front three at the club than changing things around. 

If Neymar goes to PSG he will be the best player in the league without a doubt but should someone with so much talent go to a Tier 2 league like this? It's quite literally like him signing for Benfica or Ajax. It's a poor league with poor opposition and one which will stop his development. If he does go to Paris he will be moving again in two years time to get into England, Spain or Germany. 

I hope he doesn't go, it'd be a massive blow.

First of all mate, no player should be kept at a club against his wishes.  That part is fundamental and the most important factor for me.

Secondly, no fan should want a player at his club if he doesn't want to be there.

Thirdly, Barça existed and dominated before Neymar was even a professional footballer and they'll do the same again.  I get where you're going on the fact he exists now and has been at the club for 4 years.  But for a long time many thought he was overrated and simply a play actor diving around...  Something I never felt although I get it.

Finally...  He's an important player.  Not just in the sense of the fact he's one of the most talented players of his generation anywhere in the world, but also because he is a figurehead in the world of football.  He earns the club he's at a hell of a lot of money and that's important these days not only because of the money but because of the profile and selling the club's name abroad.  The LFP (La Liga) itself will be hoping this doesn't happen.

Barcelona will survive because that's the nature of the game and the fact Barça are a club off their own making and rooted in everything that is the sport historically.  PSG are making their own history and have to purchase their destiny which I understand.  They couldn't have a more perfect owner in an Arab for this though because money to them is the object that coaxes infidels into selling their souls.  I would expect that last bit for you or maybe someone else is a step too far or borderline.  I know these people...  I deal with these people over three or four times five days a week...  So anyone that has an opinion, it better be based on something they really know about and not on what they read on internet.

He HAS to go!

There are players out there that will do as well if not better for the team than Neymar.  If Neymar stays...  The even though I would be unhappy about it, I'll keep hush!  I'll do it because he has the capability to provide for the team with the others.  But the sooner someone like him goes, the better.

I don't subscribe to their holy trinity...  "Selecão, Deus e dinheiro". One thing doesn't go with the other as much as they'd like it to be that way.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I get all that mate but has Neymar actually said anywhere that he wants to go? If he kicks up a fuss and doesn't want to be there then fine, let him go but I just feel like people are jumping the gun a bit here. For all we know this might be manufactured from his father and not from him himself, for all we know he could be laughing at the news headlines with his team-mates in the dressing room. 

If he wants to stay then the club should do everything in their power to keep him and tie him down to a more secure contract. If he wants to leave however then by all means book him a first class flight to Paris - only players that want to play for Barcelona should do. 

I get that and on its own is a good reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But when all these shenanigans started he posted a social media comment supporting his dad and an opportune moment to demonstrate his undying love for him.  Not that no son shouldn't do the same...  Just that the timing was a message to others.

Look mate...  I don't enjoy thieves, or low lifes that try and extort their way to holding money.  I wish him the best and he can go on his way to that substandard league that is Ligue1.

He can cook barbecues with his Brazilian friends every weekend till his heart is content.  I'm a football fan and what they do on their day off has no consequence to my sympathies.  That's their job, a privileged job!  Earning a hell of a lot of money for doing something many PAY to do in many walks of life.  Does someone want me to beg the guy to stay?  Naaaah...  A tomar por o cu! B|

I'm reaching the point now where I'd prefer if he left, because after all of this and the way it was handled by him, if he stays I'm not sure I can ever forget this or look at him the same again. If he stays I won't say anything and I'd support him because he plays for my club, but in the back of my mind I'll always have this saga lingering there. Things won't be the same anymore

As Johan Cruyff said, if you have doubts about playing for us, then you should not play for us. Neymar should just go...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Messiesta said:

I'm reaching the point now where I'd prefer if he left, because after all of this and the way it was handled by him, if he stays I'm not sure I can ever forget this or look at him the same again. If he stays I won't say anything and I'd support him because he plays for my club, but in the back of my mind I'll always have this saga lingering there. Things won't be the same anymore

As Johan Cruyff said, if you have doubts about playing for us, then you should not play for us. Neymar should just go...

There it is. 

One of the marks of a great club is that no player is bigger than the club. The monent an individual becomes as big as a club is the moment the club no longer maintains any substantial significance in the world of football. 

• Upvote 1