talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Neymar has Barcelona by the balls. Bad luggage that fellow.

Neymar is a immature, spoiled brat controlled by his extremely materialist father. No wonder Gabriel Jesus has much more charisma and overall brazilians find him much more likeable. 

8 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Like @LaSambadeStGermain pointed out, Lucas Lima is a good player but he´s definitely not good enough to Barcelona´s current standards. I expect Barça to try to sign nothing less than the best players available, considering their tradition, appeal and structure, but if they start to go after players like Lucas Lima, just because of his relationship with Neymar´s dad, that´s a dangerous path to the club and one that will not end well, since Messi and Iniesta won´t be there to carry the team forever. 

Once Neymar pai puts one player in Barça don´t expect him to stop there. I find it revolting.

First of all, all associated with this have stated that it isn't true that Barcelona have signed him including the club itself.

But aside from that, I agree with everything you've said and this particular Barcelona board are right at this moment treading on thin ice.  Because clubs like Barça and Real Madrid aren't like Arsenal for example...  Where at Arsenal there's been mass demonstrations and all sorts occurring over the past two season by fans...  At clubs like Barcelona or Real Madrid there'd be elections and everyone's job would be on the line.  That's the beauty of association football...  The ideals the sport was built on with the fans being in charge!

There are movements picking up in a very strong manner now against the present board on several fronts.  So anything that they do now will be analysed with microscopes.  Everything!  Including big name targets in the press lately like Marco Verratti and Ousmane Dembélé.  Signing important players is paramount as it's always been even in the various golden generations from La Masia, but not at any cost because there is a budget.  Barcelona are eternally in the top three richest clubs on the planet, but there are also massive expenditures at the club on wages and all the competitive sporting sections they have ranging from Basketball all the way down to Roller Hockey.  There is a massive responsibility that the board have in maintaining everything that the club is all about and if they don't manage to combine all of this while maintaining competitiveness on all fronts, then they will be brought to task.

I've read quite a bit on Neymar's father and even the ridiculous contract Barça paid for included in Neymar's signing with a company that his father owns that researches players in Brazil.  If these are the finding s he's obtained, players everyone already knows, then there are big problems and makes it all evident how Neymar's transfer fee was a hell of a lot higher than was announced as €47m.

Put it this way...  Vinícius Júnior's father was in Barcelona to finalise the signing for his son to the club and SOMEONE (the name hasn't been made available which is against the statutes at the club) left the man stranded and telling him to return to Brazil.  Later on in the week he signed for Real Madrid.

There is some real dodgy stuff going on right now and the Verratti interest and panic to try and sign him is the cover to hide something important.  The board feel that if they sign someone that really fits like Verratti, that the wolves at their doorstep will be scared away for a while.

Lionel Messi 30 Years Today

Above I posted Steven Gerrard's message to Messi on his 30th birthday.  Here are some more as they are released and some kind of leave a moment of controversy.

Ronaldinho: 30 was the number of your first shirt.  Congratulations on your 30th birthday.  I'm happy to have accompanied your career at the start.  A big hug brother!

Lucas Dinge: Happy Birthday to the greatest.  30 years old!

José Manuel Pinto: Congratulations kid!  Like good wines, you get better the older you become.

Paco Alcácer:  Happy Birthday!

Andrés Iniesta: Happy Birthday!!!  Welcome to the 30 club!  Have a good one friend because you're the top!

Samuel Umtiti:  Happy Birthday to the best player in the world.  The best player in the world becomes 30 today!

DDEyBUHUIAAhROU.jpg

La Masia:  Happy 30th

Ivan Rakitić:  Happy Birthday!  A pleasure to be able to share a few of those 30 years with you.

FIFA:  Happy Birthday Lionel Messi!

Carles Puyol: Today is the birthday of this great player.  Friend, I wish you the best.  Congratulations Leo!

Jordi Alba:  Happy Birthday master!  Make the most of your day friend!

AFA: On your 30th Birthday, Congratulations Leo Messi!  Thank you for the happiness you have given all of us Argentinians with your magic.

UEFA (via their Champions League account):  Greatest of all time!

8 minutes ago, Asura said:

Way to twist their words by missing the "?" at the end Balon. :ph34r:

I haven't...  That has actually been taken as an affirmation in forms of speech.  They had no need to post that and could've just done what FIFA did.  Don't you think? "?"

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I haven't...  That has actually been taken as an affirmation in forms of speech.  They had no need to post that and could've just done what FIFA did.  Don't you think? "?"

yeah true there need not be a "?" to be honest for that statement but still you are shoving your (or rather our) words down UEFA throat 

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

yeah true there need not be a "?" to be honest for that statement but still you are shoving your (or rather our) words down UEFA throat 

I think on their part there was no need for the goat to be honest.

• Di Stéfano
  • Puskas
  • Cruyff
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Raúl
  • Eusebio
  • Best

And a few others are all up for that in the European Cup "?"

Edited by SirBalon

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think on their part there was no need for the goat to be honest.

• Di Stéfano
  • Puskas
  • Cruyff
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Raúl
  • Eusebio
  • Best

And a few others are all up for that in the European Cup "?"

Raul? Was he really that good, I never watched him play much. The others I either agree or I dont know about them (Im not as old as you to have seen Di Stefano, Puskas and Eusebio on live TV :ph34r:).

EDIT: Did you forget Maradona in that list or was that deliberate?

Edited by Asura

8 minutes ago, Asura said:

Raul? Was he really that good, I never watched him play much. The others I either agree or I dont know about them (Im not as old as you to have seen Di Stefano, Puskas and Eusebio on live TV :ph34r:).

EDIT: Did you forget Maradona in that list or was that deliberate?

Maradona unfortunately didn't get to do much in the European Cup although he done more than a decent job in the UEFA Cup...  Remember, he played for Napoli in that period.

On another note mate...  I'm not old enough either for judging Di Stéfano, Eusebio, Cruyff or Puskas...  But I'm not an idiot!

As for your question on Raúl...

I'll answer that one with a question of my own which will mean you'll have to do a bit of work yourself...  Simple work!

Why is Cristiano Ronaldo even recognised as one of the greatest in European Cup (Champions League) football?

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maradona unfortunately didn't get to do much in the European Cup although he done more than a decent job in the UEFA Cup...  Remember, he played for Napoli in that period.

On another note mate...  I'm not old enough either for judging Di Stéfano, Eusebio, Cruyff or Puskas...  But I'm not an idiot!

As for your question on Raúl...

I'll answer that one with a question of my own which will mean you'll have to do a bit of work yourself...  Simple work!

Why is Cristiano Ronaldo even recognised as one of the greatest in European Cup (Champions League) football?

Yeah I know Maradona played for Napoli but when they said "goat" I thought they meant that overall but not specific to european cup/UCL

I know mate, Im just joking about your age.

Because of his goals, I cant think of anything else. But for an out and out striker doesnt Raul has a low goal per match ratio? Like I said I havent watched him live much except for an odd game in mid 2000s and during the 2006 world cup

Edited by Asura

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

Yeah I know Maradona played for Napoli but when they said "goat" I thought they meant that overall but not specific to european cup/UCL

For me Maradona is the greatest footballer of all time even compared to Messi.  But the remark we're both debating is one from UEFA on their Champions League account and Maradona didn't get to play much in that competition.

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

Because of his goals, I cant think of anything else. But for an out and out striker doesnt Raul has a goal per match ratio?

Exactly...  Cristiano Ronaldo is judged plainly and basically on his goals.  Well if we take that into account, both Cristiano and even Messi only surpassed Raúl's record two seasons ago.  So under that judgement, he (Raúl) should also be recognised as one of  the greats (he is anyway) in Champions League (European Cup) history.

Edited by SirBalon

Just now, SirBalon said:

For me Maradona is the greatest footballer of all time even compared to Messi.  But the remark we're both debating is one from UEFA on their Champions League account and Maradona didn't get to play much in that competition.

Exactly...  Cristiano Ronaldo is judged plainly and basically on his goals.  Well if we take that into account, both Cristiano and even Messi only surpassed Raúl's record two season ago.  So under that judgement, he (Raúl) should also be recognised as one of  the greats (he is anyway) in Champions League (European Cup) history.

What you said makes sense but I started this discussion with a different mind set. I was of the notion that they are saying "GOAT" as in greatest of all time which means its not specific to the UEFA Champions league but its universal. I understood it wrong then.

9 minutes ago, Asura said:

What you said makes sense but I started this discussion with a different mind set. I was of the notion that they are saying "GOAT" as in greatest of all time which means its not specific to the UEFA Champions league but its universal. I understood it wrong then.

Why didn't they send the birthday wishes to Messi with that statement through their UEFA account and chose their Champions League account mate?

Anyway...  Teso must think I'm injecting heroin by mentioning so many Real Madrid players as greats...  Me being a biased rotten Culé and all! :ph34r:

Edited by SirBalon

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He will be bought back home in 3-5 years. 

That is a massive loss for Barça but even though things haven't been done well under this board since they took over on the La Masia kids, this poaching has been going on for years. At Arsenal went cry when they eventually go back, but we're the ones searching in other academies for talent because we don't produce our own. 

This kid is one of the jewels in the crown and it's terrible that his progression has now been stunted because what they learn at La Masia isn't the same as anywhere else. 

Lucky for Barça they've managed to tie an even younger major talent down in Xavi Simons. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Mateu Morey will not be joining Bayern Munich, according to your own board.

If youre talking about Uli's words i would advise you to take it with a grain of salt. Otherwise ive heard nothing pertaining specifically to this possible transfer. I have read its stalled a bit as your lot is looking to extend him instead, either way this will be resolved shortly.

On 24/06/2017 at 7:05 PM, SirBalon said:

Lionel Messi 30 Years Today

Above I posted Steven Gerrard's message to Messi on his 30th birthday.  Here are some more as they are released and some kind of leave a moment of controversy.

Ronaldinho: 30 was the number of your first shirt.  Congratulations on your 30th birthday.  I'm happy to have accompanied your career at the start.  A big hug brother!

Lucas Dinge: Happy Birthday to the greatest.  30 years old!

José Manuel Pinto: Congratulations kid!  Like good wines, you get better the older you become.

Paco Alcácer:  Happy Birthday!

Andrés Iniesta: Happy Birthday!!!  Welcome to the 30 club!  Have a good one friend because you're the top!

Samuel Umtiti:  Happy Birthday to the best player in the world.  The best player in the world becomes 30 today!

DDEyBUHUIAAhROU.jpg

La Masia:  Happy 30th

Ivan Rakitić:  Happy Birthday!  A pleasure to be able to share a few of those 30 years with you.

FIFA:  Happy Birthday Lionel Messi!

Carles Puyol: Today is the birthday of this great player.  Friend, I wish you the best.  Congratulations Leo!

Jordi Alba:  Happy Birthday master!  Make the most of your day friend!

AFA: On your 30th Birthday, Congratulations Leo Messi!  Thank you for the happiness you have given all of us Argentinians with your magic.

UEFA (via their Champions League account):  Greatest of all time!

He had an immense season individually last season, but lack of team success will over-shadow that unfortunately. The quality of his goals(forget the amount) were immense, some of those brilliant mazey dribble runs took back the years and his passing and ability to control a game when the team weren't playing well was often on show. After an under par season(for his standards) under Tata Martino, he has come back with a bang and over the last 3 years, he has been levels above everyone else as an allround attacking footballer as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1