• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
On 31/07/2017 at 10:09 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

3 of the worst role models for kids.

Tax evader, racist biter and drug addled sex pest

Has Tiger Woods been shagging Bugs Bunny? 

:ph34r:IMG_8459.thumb.PNG.ca7bc170f141d921fd54ddeccaf0f93f.PNG

Edited by JOSHBRFC

1501752692247.jpg

Barça could activate Iñigo Martínez buy-out clause

According to local San Sebastián newspaper 'Gipuzkoa', FC Barcelona could be about to activate Real Sociedad's centre back Iñigo Martínez' buy out clause that stands at a very reasonable €32m.

Barça have been connected with both him and Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte for years and it wouldn't be a big surprise if this were to occur.  Although right now the defensive issues at Barça are very much covered and that's the only reason this would seem like a rumour unless someone were to be leaving.  Jérémy Mathieu has already departed to Sporting Lisbon so the has been a hole made in the defence, although that hole was supposedly going to be filled by the young Brazilian Marlon.

Keep an eye out for this one!  Iñigo Martínez is a top top defender and I am very surprised he hasn't been touted by any Premier League side.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Great defender who should be playing at the highest level. 

Would this mean Barca playing 3 at the back? 

I have no idea with Valverde because he mixes his formations. If it were Luis Enrique then I would definitely believe he wants to revert to a permanent 3 at the back. He's been trying to implement it since he started coaching and Barça used it a lot in the second half of the season (season just finished).

There's a lot of rumours flying around right now but I can't beleieve Iñigo is still at Real Sociedad with all due respects. 

img_jiunanue_20170511-154517_imagenes_md

Iñigo Martínez move to Barça imminent

According to various sources Real Sociedad's centre-back Iñigo Martínez could be moving to FC Barcelona in the next few hours after the player gave his ok to the move.  Real Sociedad have given access to Barça's coach Ernesto Valverde to talk to the player and apparently both the player and the club have come to an agreement.

It's to be seen now whether this will be a negotiated transfer or activating the buy-out clause of €32m.

• Upvote 1

Iñigo Martínez looks to be on his way and it's probably the right time for him now at 26. He has given Real Sociedad a lot of top years and this is now the time for him to move. It's a signing which has looked possible for years to be honest and now is probably the right time. He should be a regular starter as well and for me a defender is certainly a signing that was needed at the start of the transfer window before all the Neymar nonsense.

Marlon should be sent the other way on a 2 year loan I reckon as Real Sociedad could make a top player out of him, it's what they are good at and they'd be getting a man with high potential there, who probably won't feature much now for Barcelona after this signing.

I must say though that 32 million is a steal in today's market and I feel for Real Sociedad in this regard, as they could have gotten more if they were able to dictate the fee.

On 03/08/2017 at 4:13 PM, SirBalon said:

1501752692247.jpg

Barça could activate Iñigo Martínez buy-out clause

According to local San Sebastián newspaper 'Gipuzkoa', FC Barcelona could be about to activate Real Sociedad's centre back Iñigo Martínez' buy out clause that stands at a very reasonable €32m.

Barça have been connected with both him and Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte for years and it wouldn't be a big surprise if this were to occur.  Although right now the defensive issues at Barça are very much covered and that's the only reason this would seem like a rumour unless someone were to be leaving.  Jérémy Mathieu has already departed to Sporting Lisbon so the has been a hole made in the defence, although that hole was supposedly going to be filled by the young Brazilian Marlon.

Keep an eye out for this one!  Iñigo Martínez is a top top defender and I am very surprised he hasn't been touted by any Premier League side.

The thing is, a lot of Basques like being at home mate and never end up leaving. It looks like Iñigo Martínez won't be one of them, but look at Xabi Preito, who has given them his whole career, or the many Athletic players.

29 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Iñigo Martínez looks to be on his way and it's probably the right time for him now at 26. He has given Real Sociedad a lot of top years and this is now the time for him to move. It's a signing which has looked possible for years to be honest and now is probably the right time. He should be a regular starter as well and for me a defender is certainly a signing that was needed at the start of the transfer window before all the Neymar nonsense.

Marlon should be sent the other way on a 2 year loan I reckon as Real Sociedad could make a top player out of him, it's what they are good at and they'd be getting a man with high potential there, who probably won't feature much now for Barcelona after this signing.

I must say though that 32 million is a steal in today's market and I feel for Real Sociedad in this regard, as they could have gotten more if they were able to dictate the fee.

The thing is, a lot of Basques like being at home mate and never end up leaving. It looks like Iñigo Martínez won't be one of them, but look at Xabi Preito, who has given them his whole career, or the many Athletic players.

Barça have a big history with Basque players though mate...  Zubizarreta and Bakero to name two and there have been dozens more.  Plus Catalonia isn't all that far away from the Basque region so he can visit in his car easily on days off and doesn't even have to fly.

For me this signing is brilliant!  Very happy with this one and for me of all the defenders available was one of three I've been hoping to happen for a long time.  The other two were Laporte or Bonucci.  No other defender on the planet does it for me aside from those two as players to sign.  Even when Barça tried hard to sign Thiago Silva or Marquinhos (the latter I think will be a brilliant defender, the former is massively overrated for me and chickens out of major moments) from PSG, I though the club were mental to want to pay so much money for either.

Edited by SirBalon

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barça have a big history with Basque players though mate...  Zubizarreta and Bakero to name two and there have been dozens more.  Plus Catalonia isn't all that far away from the Basque region so he can visit in his car easily on days off and doesn't even have to fly.

For me this signing is brilliant!  Very happy with this one and for me of all the defenders available was one of three I've been hoping to happen for a long time.  The other two were Laporte or Bonucci.  No other defender on the planet does it for me aside from those two as players to sign.  Even when Barça tried hard to sign Thiago Silva or Marquinhos (the latter I think will be a brilliant defender, the former is massively overrated for me and chickens out of major moments) from PSG, I though the club were mental to want to pay so much money for either.

Ye, if they leave, then it's usually to stay in Spain and Barcelona are naturally a club they feel more affection towards than others.

This is definitely a signing that is needed as far as I'm concerned and he knows la liga well, in fact, it's all he knows. It's the perfect match in my opinion.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Ye, if they leave, then it's usually to stay in Spain and Barcelona are naturally a club they feel more affection towards than others.

This is definitely a signing that is needed as far as I'm concerned and he knows la liga well, in fact, it's all he knows. It's the perfect match in my opinion.

Valverde actually tried to sign him for Athletic a couple of times. Obviously that was never going to happen... Can you imagine! xD

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Valverde actually tried to sign him for Athletic a couple of times. Obviously that was never going to happen... Can you imagine! xD

No chance of that happening. But it would have certainly been a top signing for Athletic if it had have occurred.

If Martinez is signed, then 2 more players such as Dembele and Coutinho would make for a solid window, although the problem is the cost of the latter two.

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

No chance of that happening. But it would have certainly been a top signing for Athletic if it had have occurred.

If Martinez is signed, then 2 more players such as Dembele and Coutinho would make for a solid window, although the problem is the cost of the latter two.

Charley Rexach (the guy who signed Messi on a serviette) was on the radio a few minutes back and he gave the answer as to why Barça are so adamant on signing Coutinho.  The technical staff see him as an interior left which is Iniesta's position and seeing as Iniesta needs to be rotated so much these days and have his games hand picked (those massive games), he says that's why they want him so badly.

The only other top quality interior left player (a unique position not many can play) I can think of is Hazard and that one is impossible and no point in even going for it because it would literally cost everything Barcelona have got for Neymar seeing as he's coming from the Premier League.

I'm thinking of others that could play that position and the only other one is Insigne (Napoli) and dealing with De Laurentiis must put anyone off so that one is also off the list.

Edited by SirBalon