talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

Most at Barça didn´t know Arthur and had no idea of what to expect of him and considering the last few signings from Brazil didn´t do very well, there was a lot of suspicion regarding Arthur, but in his first days of training he already impressed his teammates and coaches with his intelligent passing, positioning and how he holds the ball. 

This kid left his home when he was 14 to move to Grêmio, he is from a region of Brazil not known for developing good footballers and he had to move to Porto Alegre in order to improve. He is a fighter. I don´t know if he´ll thrive at Barça, but if he doesn´t, it won´t be due to lack of work. Love his attitude.

Keep up the good work, Arthur.  :congrats:

Pero con Arthur sí había cierta expectación al venir de un fútbol brasileño que se sigue poco a nivel de clubs. Y los primeros comentarios de compañeros y técnicos no pueden ser más positivos. El centrocampista está impresionando por lo fácil que lo hace todo con el balón, preciso en el pase, inteligente para protegerlo con piernas fuertes que le permiten aguantar el cuerpo a cuerpo, potente para arrancar y salir de la primera presión y sentido táctico para el posicionamiento y el robo de balón.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180715/45908117869/arthur-barca-impresiona-entrenamientos.html

So proud of my boy, @SirBalon and @The Rebel CRS

• Upvote 2

Alot of Brazilians have historically done well at Barcelona so this could end up being the case again. He has certainly impressed me when I've seen him and I don't personally view him as being a signing similar to Marlon or Douglas and let's not forget that Neymar came directly from Brazil to Barcelona himself. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Most at Barça didn´t know Arthur and had no idea of what to expect of him and considering the last few signings from Brazil didn´t do very well, there was a lot of suspicion regarding Arthur, but in his first days of training he already impressed his teammates and coaches with his intelligent passing, positioning and how he holds the ball. 

This kid left his home when he was 14 to move to Grêmio, he is from a region of Brazil not known for developing good footballers and he had to move to Porto Alegre in order to improve. He is a fighter. I don´t know if he´ll thrive at Barça, but if he doesn´t, it won´t be due to lack of work. Love his attitude.

Keep up the good work, Arthur.  :congrats:

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180715/45908117869/arthur-barca-impresiona-entrenamientos.html

So proud of my boy, @SirBalon and @The Rebel CRS

The important people that know at Barcelona knew what Arthur was about though and that's why the club made every move possible to bring him to the Camp Nou.  We've all been writing about him here and in the other forum where we all knew Arthur well and what he's about. He is a fantastic signing for the club and all that needs to happen is to supplement the side well so it all functions.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

This kid left his home when he was 14 to move to Grêmio, he is from a region of Brazil not known for developing good footballers and he had to move to Porto Alegre in order to improve. He is a fighter. I don´t know if he´ll thrive at Barça, but if he doesn´t, it won´t be due to lack of work. Love his attitude

Some fans compared his signing to Fábio Rochemback's, so, Arthur will easily surpass those expectations (probably he already has).

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Some fans compared his signing to Fábio Rochemback's, so, Arthur will easily surpass those expectations (probably he already has).

Fábio Rochemback was impressive at Internacional and at the U-20 level. To be honest, it was a decent gamble. The real mistake was the Geovanni signing, he was never good enough to play for Barça.

I´ll be following Arthur closely. Can´t wait for the friendlies. :D

Those signings by the then Barça president Joan Gaspart were made with the Luis Figo money the club recieved.  Apart from the very big suspicion that's never been proved in which there were bungs recieved for these signings, they are self confessed panic buys by Gaspart.

It's the first and won't be the last time FCB act in this manner.

10 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Fábio Rochemback was impressive at Internacional and at the U-20 level. To be honest, it was a decent gamble. The real mistake was the Geovanni signing, he was never good enough to play for Barça.

I´ll be following Arthur closely. Can´t wait for the friendlies. :D

My favourite brazilian dud was Renaldo, me thinks. 

Just like Ronaldo, but with an 'e' :D

I'm really happy with the Arthur signing. I've never seen him play before but from what I've read about him and from the short clips I've seen of his playing style, he's going to fit in like a glove once we get past the initial settling in period, both in terms of settling into Barcelona and into European football. It even took Neymar a season to fully find his feet, so we'll need to be patient with Arthur, but I'm hoping that the patience pays off! 

Lenglet is also a solid signing that'll be great backup for Umtiti this year, but I just hope we don't let go of Yerry Mina, because besides the fact he deserves to stay, if we let go of him then we'll have only one RCB and three LCB's....I don't get the board's thinking behind that unbalance. I'd personally keep both Mina and Vermaelen, the Belgian as a very reliable ( when fit ) 5th choice as over the course of a long season and competing on three fronts, that 5th choice may very well come in quite handy. But I'm happy with Lenglet!

35 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

10 years ago, Pep Guardiola took over as Barcelona coach. It changed football. @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS this is amazing to watch: 

That was the greatest period of the most beautiful football ever seen in my opinion and the opinion of most football fans.  Some have forgotten because of the tactics that were later used by some teams to combat that brand of football and have a chance.

The great thing about that team is that the football they used under Guardiola was executed against everyone that came their way be it Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Manchester United aside from more humble teams.  You were left in awe with what was ocurring on the field of play with many times feeling that it looked impossible... There always seemed to be a way out and they'd find it with precise hyper fast passing designed to pull the opponent out of position and open up massive gaps to exploit and score.

Football definitely changed with that period Guardiola purified and implemented... Football changed from an either defence minded game or a more direct approach by passing into counter attacking long spaces into a short passing dynamic movement where it looked like dancing with the ball.

I've said it many times and believe it to be true... It's the best football anyone has ever seen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

10 years ago, Pep Guardiola took over as Barcelona coach. It changed football. @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS this is amazing to watch: 

I doubt we'll ever see a season like that again from Barcelona or any team(whether club of international), as it wasn't just about winning a treble, but the style in which it was won. Also the players. Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Henry, Eto'o, Abidal...Super players, with a manager who went from ball-boy to head-coach.

Many moments that season as well. Nearly every goal was beautiful, the 6-2 away to Madrid, the Iniesta goal vs Chelsea, the magical performance from Iniesta and Xavi in the final vs United, Messi scoring a header in the final after the English pundits said before the game that he lacks heading ability, that performance against Valencia....

The 2010-2011 was also fantastic of course. Made all the more special because Barcelona had to come up against a rejuvinated Madrid, under what many would have regarded as the best manager/coach in the world at the time in Jose Mourinho, with big money signings like C.Ronaldo. Beating your rival is a big thing in football and to not only do it 5-0 at home, but also to eliminate them from the Champions league before achieving such a a feat is something else.

What I can't believe is how the fuck it was 10 years ago? Time absolutely flies.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Completely changed the way the game is perceived around the world.

Honestly those two Champions League winning sides are the best football teams I've ever watched. It was peak Guardiola and we'll probably never see anything match it again.

Special thanks to this man for making it all possible

ovrebo_1398059c.jpg

On a serious note, I echo @Danny. Best football of my life time. Revolutionised the game. The 2-6 and 5-0 victory against Real I can watch any day of the week. 

In my opinion, even though the 09 side and 15' won the treble, the best for me was the 2011 and 2012 team. The football they produced is something we won't ever see again. 

Edited by Cicero

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Beat midfielder trio of all-time and yet they never won a CL back to back. Also, Pep's team is full of accomplishments but also a lot of doubtful calls that help them reach the greatness they need. uefalona robbed Chelsea, RM, and PSG. 

True. They only just won the world cup and European championship on top of 4 champions league titles. Bet they're gutted they never won the CL back to back though. 

Edited by Cicero

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You mean that boring ass final versus Netherlands? Probably the worst WC final imo.

Also once again Frank R. Doesn't get the recognition for giving Pep the blueprints to success. If anybody thinks Pep's deserves all the credit, they are a foo. 

I'd say Aragones more than anyone. He laid the foundation for both Xavi and Iniesta, which only worked in Pep's favor the season after Euro 2008 

Rijkaard left Guardiola a Barca in bad shape. Guardiola practically changed Barca's whole identity, which took balls. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Bad shape? I beg to disagree. Pep took the team and changed it, but it would of never been as successful if it wasn't for Frank R. For being such a messifanboy, you certainly don't give credit to they guy Messi gives the most credit to. 

They finished third and won fuck all the season before Guardiola stepped in. 

Guardiola changed Messi from a 20 goal a season at best, to 60+ a season. 

And won an unprecedented treble in Spanish football. Ironically something only matched by another Barcelona team, could you imagine how much Tesco would polish Real Madrid off if they'd won two trebles?

Edited by Danny

There's no doubt that Barcelona should've been more dominant in Europe with the team they had. They still done brilliantly in the Champions League (in real terms) but didn't manage to defend the Champions League and should easily have won at least a couple more. But they've totally dominated Spain in every way shape or form with the most important factor here and what El Profesor actually posted which is... The brand of football and what football fans got to see in a way never been seen before.

Not Rijkaard, not anyone got to see football being played at that level in that manner EVER!  Teams that played against that Barça would change to play Barcelona and not the other way around.  It's also no coincidence as Cicero has pointed out that during this period we've seen those players win 1 World Cup and 2 European Championships (consecutive) at international level for Spain.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:
eason injury from until Days Games missed
10/11 Stretched ligament Sep 20, 2010 Sep 27, 2010 7 days 2FC Barcelona
07/08 Torn muscle Mar 6, 2008 Apr 10, 2008 35 days 8FC Barcelona
07/08 Thigh problems Dec 17, 2007 Jan 14, 2008 28 days 6FC Barcelona
06/07 Metatarsal fracture Nov 13, 2006 Feb 8, 2007 87 days 18FC Barcelona
05/06 Hamstring Injury Mar 9, 2006 May 18, 2006 70 days 16FC Barcelona

?

20 hours ago, El Profesor said:

The most perfect  match I´ve ever seen a football team play was Barcelona in the 2010/11 Champions League final against United. 

Easily the best individual performance(from Messi) that I've seen in a champs league final as well. He bossed it.

The Iniesta performance in 2009 was something else as well. Well both Xavi and Iniesta. That was the game that truly define those 2 for me.

• Upvote 1